VIPER ALLEY. A Poll ... Please Vote!

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making it VCA only doesnt mean minors cant get in. Cant 16 year old owners join the VCA? ALL owners should be allowed as long as they have a VIN or some sort of proof ALONG WITH the right age (18+). Is this about Vipers and Viper owners or is this about Viper owners willing to pay for club membership???? There was concern about a line separating Gen III owners from Gen I/II and now there seems to be a line forming to separate VCA members from NON VCA Viper owners.

I am not a VCA member, I have no reason to be one. I have supported various regions by purchasing items they have had for sale, but I see no reason why I need to join the VCA and now I am being alienated from a section of the board because I am not a member????? I now understand why the Viper Elite exist.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA members must Be 18. That is the age in the new by-laws that came into affect last year. As for reasoning for VCA only section, membership and has it's privileges. Members should benefit first, since this site is provided by the VCA.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
[sarcasm] As suspected the interest in this is overwhelming...[/sacrasm]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people get more than an eyeful when looking at you and im sure thats overwhelming too!
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fool, money and business have nothing to do with what this site will ultimately choose. What it comes down to is that this is a VCA site, and thus the VCA will have to make the final decision and then deal with whatever that decision is. I would think that you of all people would enjoy the fact that working together on something like this can only help the future of the entire organization in gaining more understanding as to what the members want?

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I skipped to page 7 cuz I dont have the time to read the drama, but I vote for ******* and bad jokes and that kinda stuff. Why not. Its no fun being PC all the time.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Ferguson wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...working together on something like this can only help the future of the entire organization in gaining more understanding as to what the members want?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve,

You sound like a hypocrite. A vast majority of those who voted wanted the VA to be open to all, not just the exclusive few. Now that you know what the members want, why are you trying to force your own agenda? The "Members Only" button has been part of the above menus under "Membership" for over six months now.......like you weren't planning on rolling it out at some point? You should have started your own campaign rather than hijacking someone else's.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Lundeen:
"Now that you know what the members want,"

Last time I looked there were over 3000 VCA members. How does a poll that comes up:

the current tally is as follows:
VCA For Dark Viper Alley: 58
VCA Against Dark Viper Alley: 9
Overall (Including Non-VCA Members): 77 For, 10 against

reflect the wishes of the membership?

Looks like 2.5% to me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this an attempted bail on the situation? How many members actually visit this site on a regular basis? how many of those who visit even post? but why am I not surprised that some VCA officer is trying to throw a wrench in this after all the work we did..after we did eveyrthing they asked?
shake.gif
By the way, the purpose of a poll is to take a sampling of the population so that it gives a good indication of the overall opinion of the sampled population? This is not a census where every VCA member is asked to respond, it is a poll, a sampling that is somewhat representative of the VCA makeup.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, my agenda today is the same one that I applied the First Day I agreed to help launch the VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA, that is to provide a place for VIPER CLUB members to interact, learn more about Viper, use their Viper and have fun. My concerns and efforts are directed at keeping these initial goals alive, while helping in any way asked, and to see the Club grow. I don't have an "agenda", but I have made recommendations as to what I view will get serious and not serious consideration. This group can decide for themselves if they want that opinion. Whatever way they want to present is the choice of the group, not mine. If you do not want my help then tell me to F-off and you got it, makes no difference to me. There are much bigger fish to fry than to put an effort into getting this project done. And if you want to throw around numbers, you are basing your so called poll of what people want on less than 2% of the VCA population.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
There are much bigger fish to fry than to put an effort into getting this project done.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as????? VOI comes around every other year or so. In the meantime, I submit for your consideration that THIS BBS is the source of more Viper owner/wannabe owner interaction than probably ALL the regions' activities put together.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
And if you want to throw around numbers, you are basing your so called poll of what people want on less than 2% of the VCA population.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess we're sort of like the Electoral College in that respect - eh? At least we're the 2% that cares enough about what's going on to get involved and say so, instead of lurking in the shadows with an opinion they won't share.

IMO, a vote not cast nullifies their chance to gripe if they don't like it. You'd better say "me too" one way or the other when the election's underway, or sit quietly and accept the majority opinion.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Lundeen:
I agree, if ALL members are aware of the issue and have the opportunity to vote.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if in 2-3 weeks they havnet seen the poll, they probably dont visit anyways. If they dotn visit, dont read, dont post, Who cares?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean I did vote in favor of a members only section.

What else to do?
-Get editorial for VCA Notes and Viper Mag
-Start planing stages for NEXT years Regional Rendezvous
-Finish off the FIST NATIONAL ELECTION (voted on by the members)in club history
-Get approval for this site to have the necessary funding to keep up with the growth
-Deal with the new insurance issues that are making the required limits harder to obtain
-Arranging for the next raffle car
-Developing a VCA only program with PVO
-Tracking all VCA events
-Helping to re-establish the factory pick-up program for the SRT/10
-Getting the "CAAP Viper store" on-line on this site.
-Just to name a few........

And in most of our cases, working our everyday job so we can continue to afford these great cars.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Ferguson,

I thank you for all your efforts!
Please keep make the next raffle car a very special GEN 2 not GEN
3 if ya can!
smile.gif

best wishes
JIM
smile.gif

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the current tally is as follows:
VCA For Dark Viper Alley: 60
VCA Against Dark Viper Alley: 10
Overall (Including Non-VCA Members): 79 For, 11 against
Thats the most updated one. Keep voting!!