Viper crash

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have checked all the local press about the crash, no new news . I have tracked down the photograher and trying to reach him for copies of the photos he took so i can post them here.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We see lots of car accidents...that one (unfortunately) looks really bad for the drivers and passengers. We can't judge the driver of the Viper as far as speed goes, just because he is driving a Viper. I hope, for everyone's sake, that he was not speeding and driving recklessly....:nono:

Hope everyone comes out of this okay.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty bad to me as well. Does it seem strange to anyone that they would have a Dodge commercial on before they showed the pics of the wreck?

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch - not my car. Had people calling to see if it was my silver convert. Pics look pretty bad and you know they had to hit the little bumps on 65 at high speed and got loose and went hard left over to the other lane.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was not me or my Viper for those that PM'd and E-mailed. Thank You for thinking of me though;) I do appreciate it! Very kind.

My heart goes out to those involved. Always hard to see a vehicle wreck especially a Viper. The wreck looks bad but they are reporting everyone is in recovery no 'critical care" stuff? Will be praying for those involved.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have checked all the local press about the crash, no new news . I have tracked down the photograher and trying to reach him for copies of the photos he took so i can post them here.

Do you really think that's necessary. Sounds like a terrible incident with serious injuries or possible fatalities.

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No news cast made a point to say - 'No word on how fast the viper was going.' That is a new on-ramp that you can get going really fast on. I've been guilty of that there as well. There are some bads spots coming up to some overpasses that could get you lose.

Still no more updates in the local media.

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think that's necessary. Sounds like a terrible incident with serious injuries or possible fatalities.

Yes...Its necessary. We need to know what caused the incident. was it speed,tires(runflats),driver error,DUI,heartattack,ran off the road?
Many will think it was just a speednut in a viper that caused this wreck. The news ended the story with the police not knowing how FAST the VIPER was going.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...Its necessary. We need to know what caused the incident. was it speed,tires(runflats),driver error,DUI,heartattack,ran off the road?
Many will think it was just a speednut in a viper that caused this wreck. The news ended the story with the police not knowing how FAST the VIPER was going.

Crash pics are not necessary to understand the root cause of the accident. All that wreck pics are good for is to satisfy one's appetite for the curious of the gory. Rather than get the remaining pics, how about going after the police report and posting the determination, when its ready, of the accident? If possible, I'd like to see the results of the accident reconstruction. Don't know if that's always public info or not.

Last edited:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of those commenting after the article seem to have the answers...what's to say the Viper wasn't sideswiped and lost control? There are many variables that can cause that kind of catostrophic loss of control, not just speed.

Glad everyone here realizes that...unlike those that watch the story and assume the Viper was doing something reckless and completely at fault (without knowing all the facts).

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke with the KY3 news room and they said there has been no report released yet and if there were criminal charges filed they would have heard of it. As of any death they do not know of any death. On the comment page on the web site a poster posted this statement. "I saw Paul Logsdon's pictures from the accident. Believe it or not but the Viper had dealer plates on it. He said that he heard the driver was a dealer. He didn't say from where though (and may not have been told). "

ViperTony: I was not looking to post gore photos but a photo of the viper to show its condition. I am always suprised how well the Viper does and its drivers do when getting into a accident. they are built very safe in my opinion. Just look at some crashed vette photos...thats scarey!!

Last edited:

Premier Sportscars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:I had several calls as well and Thankfully it wasn't me driving one of our Vipers! I did hear that the driver is around 30 years of age and works (or did work) for a low end car dealership here in Springfield. I know of him but do not want to publish his name as I haven't spoken to him yet. He did survive the crash although I don't know the extent of his injuries. At this point I don't know full details of how fast he was traveling but he was traveling north bound up the ramp on 65 Highway and was pulling around a slower driver and lost control from the gravel on the shoulder of the Highway. That stretch of road is one of the few that does not have a cable median so the car continued to travel into the southbound traffic. Thanks to everyone that called or emailed concern and my thoughts and prayers out to those involved.

Premier Sportscars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: UPDATE Viper Crash

I have just received the details of the accident here in Springfield involving a Viper on Saturday - Tong was driving the Viper (he owns a dealership here in town and sells BMW's, Mercedes, etc). He had just purchased the Viper to see how that market is - this is the "first AND LAST" Viper he will every buy. He just did not realize the power the car had and when pulling onto the highway around 55MPH (I believe the speed limit is 60) he went to pass a slower moving car and punched the accelerator - he was unsure of how fast he got up to but he immediately got into the median area and lost control and went into the oncoming traffic. As horrible as the wreckage was for all cars involved the most serious injury was a broken leg (she was driving the Honda CRV if you have seen the photos of that vehicle it was demolished as well). From what I was told everyone is doing as well as can be expected - and aside from the broken leg, only banged and bruised!!

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very fortunate with the amount of damage to the cars. glad no one was seriously hurt. I'm not sure I've ever just punched the throttle..........

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It still continues to shock me how quickly a Viper crash gets posted and pictures plastered all over the forum.

I pray if this ever happens to me that won't happen here. I would want my privacy, especially since the media never presents the whole story.

I was on I-65 yesterday about the same time, in my Viper coming back from the track, I didn't see the accident and I am grateful it wasn't me and I pray for those involved.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Very sad for all concerned.

That said, we need to clarify the location:

State...Missouri

Highway 65 must be a state road...NOT I-65 !!!

KY3...is a TV station in Springfield, MO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187