Viper crash

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: UPDATE Viper Crash

I never insulted you. I vehemently disagree with you on the nannycrap issue but I haven't insulted you, unless you consider disagreeing as an insult.

You told me to buy a Vette, how much more insulting can you get than that;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Warfang, again I was not talking about traction control. Sheeh! If anyone is trolling, it's not me, as I've yet to insult you or make up stuff about what you said.

If you don't know what DSC is, it is for steering, not acceleration. Yes, they work on similar technologies, but for totally different applications. So when you hit a patch of oil or gravel unexpectedly while turning, you don't spin out of control unexpectedly. It can happen to the best drivers. That's it.

Think of it as LSD, which we currently have (I hope you know that), but better. It's better because it works better and you can turn it off! So it's more "Pure" in some ways that LSD as you cannot turn of LSD. You talk about being a purist, but accept LSD, ABS, etc. So why have LSD or ABS or airbags? (BTW, the answer to why we have TMPS and Airbags is simply federal mandates).

Still trying to have it both ways. I don't care what alphabet you throw at it. Anything that does anything FOR you is nannycrap. Nanny does not imply breaking or accelerating... Just any crap made for you to be 'safe' while takng away the purity of drivng a real car. If it adds a button... It's too much. If it's one mre thing that can go wrong. It's too much. The viper is ON ALL THE TIME... If you need a button to make youfeel safer... Buy a different car.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still trying to have it both ways. I don't care what alphabet you throw at it. Anything that does anything FOR you is nannycrap. Nanny does not imply breaking or accelerating... Just any crap made for you to be 'safe' while takng away the purity of drivng a real car. If it adds a button... It's too much. If it's one mre thing that can go wrong. It's too much. The viper is ON ALL THE TIME... If you need a button to make youfeel safer... Buy a different car.

So seriously, do you think LSD and ABS should be on the Viper? Aren't they nannycrap too? I just think I'd rather have DCS than LSD as I can turn DSC off.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So seriously, do you think LSD and ABS should be on the Viper? Aren't they nannycrap too? I just think I'd rather have DCS than LSD as I can turn DSC off.

Moonwalking AND alphabets... You ARE doing a MJ tribute!

LSD is a PASSIVE system... Doesn't take a button or a computer. A good driver can beat an ABS system. The more crap you slap on, the less it is a viper. You have NO idea what a viper is. I find most so adamant about nannycrap are usually the ones overcompensating and want the bad@$$ image of driving a viper, but don't want the risk of driving a real car.

You DO realize the reason the viper is an instant legend is because of it's lack of nanny crap?

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Moonwalking AND alphabets... You ARE doing a MJ tribute!

LSD is a PASSIVE system... Doesn't take a button or a computer. A good driver can beat an ABS system. The more crap you slap on, the less it is a viper. You have NO idea what a viper is. I find most so adamant about nannycrap are usually the ones overcompensating and want the bad@$$ image of driving a viper, but don't want the risk of driving a real car.

You DO realize the reason the viper is an instant legend is because of it's lack of nanny crap?

Yes, I understand what a Viper is. I understand what makes the Viper a Viper. Like I said, I've known and seen Vipers quite certainly before you even knew they existed. But you still have not answered my question.

Everything is a "passive" system if it's not active. ABS are active only if there is slip. LSD is active when there is slip. DSC is active only when there is slip. So again, how do you draw the line and say ABS and LSD are not nannycrap and DCS is? Personally, I think DSC is less nannycrap than LSD because, again, you can turn DSC off. You can't do that with LSD.

This time, please answer rationally and intelligently...no more of this "you don't understand" crap.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I understand what a Viper is. I understand what makes the Viper a Viper. Like I said, I've known and seen Vipers quite certainly before you even knew they existed. But you still have not answered my question.

Everything is a "passive" system if it's not active. ABS are active only if there is slip. LSD is active when there is slip. DSC is active only when there is slip. So again, how do you draw the line and say ABS and LSD are not nannycrap and DCS is? Personally, I think DSC is less nannycrap than LSD because, again, you can turn DSC off. You can't do that with LSD.

This time, please answer rationally and intelligently...no more of this "you don't understand" crap.

I guess this proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Case closed.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it matter. It will be mandatory in just a few years. Write your congressman or NHTSA. Complaining or arguing here will get you nothing.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever end up dead in a McChromer crash, skip all the bickering about ABS, TC, and whatever else, and just go to ******* and toast a beer in my memory. A couple of pics of the girls wouldn't hurt either, I'll still be checking the website from the other side :D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One example: Take a look at the newer Vipers and that stupid TPMS.

i love thinking how electrical tape will soon cover the TPMS light in my sons car :lmao: and 4x$80 (sensors only) replaces a good $20 tire gauge, i feel so safe :2tu: :usa: :nono:

It is similar in concept to LSD, which we currently have (I hope you know that) but better in some ways.

better or not, just say no to drugs :D

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess this proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Case closed.

Thank you for that intelligent and detailed response. For the sake of your clients, I hope you're not an attorney!

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever end up dead in a McChromer crash, skip all the bickering about ABS, TC, and whatever else, and just go to ******* and toast a beer in my memory. A couple of pics of the girls wouldn't hurt either, I'll still be checking the website from the other side :D

Sure Chad I don't mind staring at a few things I can't have for a few hours.:lmao:

--RS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen