Viper days question/poll

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Viper Days will be in my area in Jan.!

But I can't go :( :( :(

My insurance (USAA) made it very clear that since this was a timed event they will not cover the car. "Don't race if you can't replace" and I can't afford to eat the repairs if something unfortunate occurred. I know they try to make it as safe as possible but sh*t happens

What would be the interest if along with the beginner and intermediate classes they would have an un-timed class that was promoted as a safety driving class?

I'm still not positive that insurance would cover it but it would make a stronger case for coverage.

If there is interest maybe we can get in touch with Courtney and see what they think of the idea. I know it wouldn't happen fast enough for me to attend this session but maybe a later one.

I loved the Viper Days event I attended back when I first got my car but ...well I guess ignorance was bliss-I know more now.

Bill

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought Skip had this issue covered. I think they can "help" if you *** it up.

Anyway, don't live by fear! Go and have fun, just don't push your slef too fast, just improve a bit at a time.

Also- Do a search for track day insurance- There was a thread on here about an underwriter offering such.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never even thought about insurance to be honest with you, been doing HPDE's for 3 yrs now...but then I have a dedicated track car so I figured if I did a "John Deere" the car would just sit 'til I could fix it.

I know some of the PCA and BMW clubs I offer track insurance, but they don't run timed events either-maybe that's the element of it why USAA won't cover it.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance only covers 'non-timed' events. All my track events are done under the 'Driving School' auspice. They are not timed. You can always have someone time you if you need to know. I just like having fun on the track and don't feel the need to be officially timed. I do autocross and the car is not coverd then, but it's pretty tough to wreck your car autocrossing. ....Never looked into track insurance, but it's got to be a few dollars per event.

Steve

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to not have the transponder put in the
car? Afterall if no one can offically time you then how can
it be a "timed event?" Ask Courtney - I'm sure they have dealt
with this issue in the past.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score