Viper Demise by the Diamler?

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumor? Is the new Viper coming out for sure? How long is the wait and does anyone have money down and how much is the dealer looking for? I may be interested in one 500/500/505
You must be registered for see images

I know it's ai in Daimler, well I wish the never bought it anyway.
You must be registered for see images

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chapter 3 Viper is due out mid 2002 as a 2003 model. Putting a deposit down may or may not help you to get one. If all goes well, the first years production will be spoken for.

I can assure you that anyone placing a deposit at a dealer has no advantage at this point. The dealer network is still not aware of the distribution process that will be instated for the initial run.

If you want a new version, my advice would be to own a current one.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you want 2001 Viper, buy it NOW...if you want 2003 Viper, I would recommend placing a deposit NOW with a dealer that has a HIGH VOLUME, is HONEST and RECOMMENDED by SEVERAL VCA MEMBERS...see topic concerning " DEALER MARK UP" on this discussion page. There are many deposits out there NOW...don't "miss the boat"!

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,

You ever try to buy a Harley? Except for a few dealers who mark them up like crazy, you basically have to own one to buy one. I had several dealers suggest that I buy a used one (they cost more than new ones) and then they would talk to me about ordering one next year.

They do this to try to keep out those who buy them just to resell at higher prices. It *****, but it works pretty well. I remember Ferrari taking even greater lengths with the F-50 which they would only let you lease, not buy. Apparently a lot of F-40s ended up on the used market right away at crazy prices.

Not much consolation I know, we are in some pretty good company.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You CAN read between the lines. But I have to stress that if there is a program set up, it will NOT resemble the 96 voucher program. Stay tuned!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am i going to have to purchse raffle tickets in order to be put on the list. or will it be according to when we joined the VCA ?

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does anyone know what might happen to the value of a GTS in a few years when they are only making convertibles? Could the possibly become even more valuable for track use?

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want a 2003 Viper I would take Steve's advise. I see no sense at this time to put a deposit at a dealership that cannot guarantee a car. Believe me the best chance to get a new Viper is to be a current Viper owner and a member of the VCA.
Regards,
Tony Estes
National President VCA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang