Viper for Vette

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you trade a Viper for a Vette, please list what other cars you have, so members here can also make you stupid offers that you'll bite on. I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse I'd be willing to trade if you have a Lambo Gallardo.

hey i'll up that to a wrx for a lambo. no, i don't yet have the wrx but for a lambo i'll have one yesterday

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to decide between a ZR1 and ACR before I became a first time Viper owner (owned 2 Vettes before that). Now after owning the ACR for over a year, I may not even take a ZR1 if someone were to give it to me free (okay go ahead and try me).:rolaugh:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owned and RACED every Viper Gen .Personally the Vette is not for me (JUST NOT ENOUGH GAWK FACTOR ).The above being said FACTS ARE FACTS and the records speak for themselves(thats why we have and keep them ) the Z06 is a 10 second car .Anyone that thinks a Gen 3 with bolt ons can beat a Z06 DRIVER FOR DRIVER is A VICTUM OF BRAND LOYALITY.A stock Gen 4 against a Z06 is once again a DRIVERS RACE.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned a bunch of Vettes and am a big fan. I have also owned 6 Vipers since 95 and 7th on the way. I tend to buy more on looks than speed since speeds can be fairly close and a moving target from Gen to Gen.

I have driven a ZR1--nice car but for the life of me cannot see why Chevy does NOT do more to make this $100K plus car more distinctive. I started to buy one until I spent some time around it. I ended up spending a bunch more on an 06 Ford GT when I noticed that dealers were struggling with 09 ZRs and GTs were doing well.

I would not trade my 09 red SRT vert , much less an ACR, on a ZR1 (which BTW, is for sale in classifieds awaiting Final ED)

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owned and RACED every Viper Gen .Personally the Vette is not for me (JUST NOT ENOUGH GAWK FACTOR ).The above being said FACTS ARE FACTS and the records speak for themselves(thats why we have and keep them ) the Z06 is a 10 second car .Anyone that thinks a Gen 3 with bolt ons can beat a Z06 DRIVER FOR DRIVER is A VICTUM OF BRAND LOYALITY.A stock Gen 4 against a Z06 is once again a DRIVERS RACE.

Could not have said it better myself. I currently have both - Z's are very serious machines and pull very, very hard, with way more low end grunt than the Viper. Maybe only 505 HP, but 342's and a 400 weight advantage makes it a very hard car to beat, even with a Gen IV. I do agree that the Viper is a one of a kind with serious hawk factor...which is why I love it...but stock against stock it's not going to eat Z's...hell, Jamie Furman, who's stock times have still not been beat, only got a 10.922 (Viper) against a 10.98 in his Z...both 08's and both bone stock...so what are we talking...like less than 6 100ths of a second?? The power/speed argument doesn't fly here...it's only about which car one prefers.

I've heard this same stupid argument 1000 times between the Hayabusa and the ZX14...but basically it comes down to only brand loyalty. Busa owners routinely claim victory over the ZX14...but having owned more than one of both...I know it's nothing more than total BS.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you trade a Viper for a Vette, please list what other cars you have, so members here can also make you stupid offers that you'll bite on. I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse I'd be willing to trade if you have a Lambo Gallardo.

Funny post, but what really captures my interest and keeps me coming back for more is your avatar. Do you think you could slow down the speed a bit? I can't see the pictures well.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Z06 is a cool car, but it lacks the "driver & car" feel big time. The steering is way too light. GM should of just gone with power assisted instead. With that being said, I thought I could improve the feel by swapping to PS2 non runflat tires, and PFADT adjustable shocks, with a good semi aggressive alignment. Those mods helped it just a bit, but nothing significant. Very numb feeling car..

Between my 2010 Z06 and head/cam 97 GTS. If I only could keep just one. It would be the Viper..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 802rwhp 2000 ACR Viper is fast. 9 seconds in the quarter mile and higher top speed in the mile. Should also last longer than a ZR1 since my ACR is Paxton supercharged.

I'd be willing to trade it for a 400mile 09 Viper!

ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

But I don't think I'd trade my 2001 Roe supercharged GTS for even the 09 Viper.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could not have said it better myself. I currently have both - Z's are very serious machines and pull very, very hard, with way more low end grunt than the Viper. Maybe only 505 HP, but 342's and a 400 weight advantage makes it a very hard car to beat, even with a Gen IV. I do agree that the Viper is a one of a kind with serious hawk factor...which is why I love it...but stock against stock it's not going to eat Z's...hell, Jamie Furman, who's stock times have still not been beat, only got a 10.922 (Viper) against a 10.98 in his Z...both 08's and both bone stock...so what are we talking...like less than 6 100ths of a second?? The power/speed argument doesn't fly here...it's only about which car one prefers.

I've heard this same stupid argument 1000 times between the Hayabusa and the ZX14...but basically it comes down to only brand loyalty. Busa owners routinely claim victory over the ZX14...but having owned more than one of both...I know it's nothing more than total BS.
Exactly the fact of the matter is no GEN 3 with a few bolt ons is ever going to run 10s.They just dont understand the fact that the reason they may have won the race was because the person in the Vette could not drive.LOGIC goes out the window due to brand loyality.As you replied a Gen 4 and a Z06 are hundreths of seconds apart =TOSS UP.No one on this forum would ever dare say a Gen 3 could beat a Gen 4 with only bolt ons THOUGH.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned a bunch of Vettes and am a big fan. I have also owned 6 Vipers since 95 and 7th on the way. I tend to buy more on looks than speed since speeds can be fairly close and a moving target from Gen to Gen.

I have driven a ZR1--nice car but for the life of me cannot see why Chevy does NOT do more to make this $100K plus car more distinctive. I started to buy one until I spent some time around it. I ended up spending a bunch more on an 06 Ford GT when I noticed that dealers were struggling with 09 ZRs and GTs were doing well.

I would not trade my 09 red SRT vert , much less an ACR, on a ZR1 (which BTW, is for sale in classifieds awaiting Final ED)
From what i understand they can not because of the assembly line thing.They however do have parts in that car that Dodge would have absolutely loved to put in out=r cars but could not due to costs (Alum Frame ,Forged Motor ,Carben Fiber Brakes )

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastestBusaAround and 1BadGTS...You will see vids soon of my bolt on gen3 against a cammed Z06 and stock Z06..Then you can say all this stuff about some BS times at Atco..

And when I walk away from the stock Z06 and run even with that cammed Z06 like I did last time or beat it since ive added a few mods..What are you gonna say then..Driver????? Im far from anything special as a driver..

We will be at the track soon..viper..2 Z06's..GTR...2 Supras....

Your e thuggery useing jamie Furmans or rangers best driver ever at the well known fastest track ever wont mean anything with the real world real driver results..

Ive already beat the stock Z06..Ive already ran even with the cammed Z06 and i have already beaten both those Supras..before I addeed two more recent bolt ons

This is gonna be a revenge type strip day...

I just really get tired of your BS here on the VCA..

you remember guys like you and the c5z06 vs srt10

The mag pitted them together and the srt10 went 11.7 at 123.8 mph and the C5z06 went 12.4 at 116 mph...This isnt even a race..
What did you guys say..

we have guys in z06's that have went 12.2 at 117 mph...it's just as fast as the 2003 srt10 because we saw a guy only go 12.2 at 120 mph

This is what you guys do..you find your fastest vette driver at the fastest track and the fastest conditions and compare it to an average srt10 driver at an average track..

no way would you compare that 12.2 at 117 to one of out 11.8 at 122 guys..

So despite the srt10 average 120 plus mph and the c5z06 averaging 115 plus mph....You guys say they are a drivers race..

in walked the C6Z06..Same day same track testing revealed the srt10 constantly running 12.0-12.2 at 120-122 mph and the c6z06 constantly running 11.7-11.9 at 124-126 mph

3 tenths and 4 mph faster in the heads up testing...it's defiently faster..

but no were near like the C5Z06 with it's 116 mph verses the srt10's 123 mph..

So what did you guys do..

did you call the 4 mph differance a drivers race like you did for the 5 mph slower c5z06...did you go find guys who went 11.5 at 122 mph in the stock srt10 and compare it to average guys running 11.7 at 124 in the z06 and say it was a drivers race?

hell no..you guys found the fastest times possible from a track with a B.S. reputation and then posted how the car goes 10.9 at 128 mph and then completely over look our stock 11.5 guys and only compare that time to some average guy at a ligitimat track who runs 12.0 at 120 mph..

then you spout off..

Z06 is 8 mph faster than the gen3 viper...despite what actual head to head results showed

in slithered the 2008 550 rwhp Viper...Thing is hitting 127-130 mph with average drivers and beat the Z06 by 2 tenths and 2 mph in the heads up testing and by a full second to 150 mph

What do you guys do...you overlook these normal drivers at average tracks hitting 126 to as high as 131 mph...And say..hey..Our Z06 has hit 127 and 128 mph before and with drag radials 129 mph...It's just as fast..This is a drivers race!!!!!!!!

Average drivers hitting 128 mph verses your average drivers hitting 125 mph in not a drivers race..128 mph verses 131 mph stock best for stock best is not a drivers race...

This is my problem with some of you vette owners. You were beaten up down and sideways from 1992-2006 and because of the 14 years of child abuse you now think it is OK to cheat your way into being competive...

-so why is a 5 mph slower C5Z06 a drivers race to a gen3 srt10

-if so why is a 4 mph slower gen3 srt10 NOT a drivers race to a C6Z06

-and then why is a 3 mph slower C6Z06 a drivers race to gen4 srt10

because you guys twist this stuff up as you go to suit your needs. This is why many differant boards have lil respect for the vette clubs..

it's no secret that you guys love to post vids about a stock car running such and such number..only to find out later in the thread the car had DR's and intake/exhaust..

just to get back subject youd be crazy to down grade from a mid 16 second 0-150 mph Viper to a high 17 second 0-150 mph Z06..

Z06 would be a bus behind the viper

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an offer to trade my 08SRT roadster for a 09 ZO6. Both cars have approx 400-500 miles on them. The corvette has all the options. Let me ask; what would you do?This is not an easy decision for me. This is an even swap in case that's not clear.
That just makes no sense. What was expected on a Viper club website except from the closet corvette people. I suspect this is just a statement made to start a controversy and debate than a fact. Of course everyone bit on it.

Last edited:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP is probably hiding (maybe he is Les in his green roadster...LOL).

Some 08 SRT10 conv are selling in the high 50s already. A new Z06 can be had for aroud 60k...but a year from now, the Viper will probably be worth more, so financially it does not make any sense...unless the OP really, really wanted the Z06.

If the OP was asking a serious question (which we know he is not), it would be silly to ask it in a viper forum as 99% of the opinions will probably be biased.

Performance wise, both cars will be extremely close, but the so called "exclusivity" of the Viper overwhelms the Z06...

If you however, have to seek the opinions of others to figure out what you want to do, then you should simply buy a Honda Civic and go on living your life as a follower. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The zr1 is a 120K VETTE..It blows my mind that people are willing to spend 80K on a Z06 or 120K on a ZR1 when they look exactly like a 55K Z51..

I can see it if they're gonna track 'em. Both are excellent performers. Still not for me but excellent trackers nonetheless.

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ZO6 would **** my Viper so bad it's not even funny. But I still defend the Viper as it is a fun car to drive. My ZO6 is a ringer, I tore the clutch out at 80mph and had GM install a new one. Trust me for stock this car is a screamer!

Half of my friends say F*** that POS Viper, the other half say the same about the Z06. They are both great cars that I hope to trade in soon for a 09 Lamborghini Murcielago ( my dream car )

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the 03 srt10 "feels" faster than the z06 as well...but once it gets in the higher rpm's foget about it. the Z06 starts screaming...

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, my Ford GT KILLS highly modded Z06s all the time! My Ford has just bolt ons. There are two Zs with polished ported milled heads cam intake long tubes ect. Pulled both at will. And not like 3 OR 4 cars. We are talking bus lengths! All I am saying is who cares! Get the car you like and if another car beats you cool. I like Vipers much better gen 123or4. If I am in my yet to be built ACR and a Vette kicks my ass oh well......I am in the car I like better

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole thread smells of a farse but it's still a good debate. I was watching that Appraise My Car show the other day and they were appraising an original 64 289 AC Cobra. The host commented that back in 64 a lot of guys passed up on the Cobras because they were noisy, leaky and uncomfortable and most went and bought corvettes... Now the 64 vettes are worth around $50k and the Cobra appraised at $500k. That's a great Viper vs Vette analogy IMO.

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, my Ford GT KILLS highly modded Z06s all the time! My Ford has just bolt ons. There are two Zs with polished ported milled heads cam intake long tubes ect. Pulled both at will. And not like 3 OR 4 cars. We are talking bus lengths! All I am saying is who cares! Get the car you like and if another car beats you cool. I like Vipers much better gen 123or4. If I am in my yet to be built ACR and a Vette kicks my ass oh well......I am in the car I like better

Sorry to get off topic but the Ford GT ROCKS! Sounds like you have some nice cars! Good post,drive what you like :)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the term get what you like and can afford is a lil better. or else id have a FGT as well..he he he

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastestBusaAround and 1BadGTS...You will see vids soon of my bolt on gen3 against a cammed Z06 and stock Z06..Then you can say all this stuff about some BS times at Atco..

And when I walk away from the stock Z06 and run even with that cammed Z06 like I did last time or beat it since ive added a few mods..What are you gonna say then..Driver????? Im far from anything special as a driver..

We will be at the track soon..viper..2 Z06's..GTR...2 Supras....

Your e thuggery useing jamie Furmans or rangers best driver ever at the well known fastest track ever wont mean anything with the real world real driver results..

Ive already beat the stock Z06..Ive already ran even with the cammed Z06 and i have already beaten both those Supras..before I addeed two more recent bolt ons

This is gonna be a revenge type strip day...

I just really get tired of your BS here on the VCA..

you remember guys like you and the c5z06 vs srt10

The mag pitted them together and the srt10 went 11.7 at 123.8 mph and the C5z06 went 12.4 at 116 mph...This isnt even a race..
What did you guys say..

we have guys in z06's that have went 12.2 at 117 mph...it's just as fast as the 2003 srt10 because we saw a guy only go 12.2 at 120 mph

This is what you guys do..you find your fastest vette driver at the fastest track and the fastest conditions and compare it to an average srt10 driver at an average track..

no way would you compare that 12.2 at 117 to one of out 11.8 at 122 guys..

So despite the srt10 average 120 plus mph and the c5z06 averaging 115 plus mph....You guys say they are a drivers race..

in walked the C6Z06..Same day same track testing revealed the srt10 constantly running 12.0-12.2 at 120-122 mph and the c6z06 constantly running 11.7-11.9 at 124-126 mph

3 tenths and 4 mph faster in the heads up testing...it's defiently faster..

but no were near like the C5Z06 with it's 116 mph verses the srt10's 123 mph..

So what did you guys do..

did you call the 4 mph differance a drivers race like you did for the 5 mph slower c5z06...did you go find guys who went 11.5 at 122 mph in the stock srt10 and compare it to average guys running 11.7 at 124 in the z06 and say it was a drivers race?

hell no..you guys found the fastest times possible from a track with a B.S. reputation and then posted how the car goes 10.9 at 128 mph and then completely over look our stock 11.5 guys and only compare that time to some average guy at a ligitimat track who runs 12.0 at 120 mph..

then you spout off..

Z06 is 8 mph faster than the gen3 viper...despite what actual head to head results showed

in slithered the 2008 550 rwhp Viper...Thing is hitting 127-130 mph with average drivers and beat the Z06 by 2 tenths and 2 mph in the heads up testing and by a full second to 150 mph

What do you guys do...you overlook these normal drivers at average tracks hitting 126 to as high as 131 mph...And say..hey..Our Z06 has hit 127 and 128 mph before and with drag radials 129 mph...It's just as fast..This is a drivers race!!!!!!!!

Average drivers hitting 128 mph verses your average drivers hitting 125 mph in not a drivers race..128 mph verses 131 mph stock best for stock best is not a drivers race...

This is my problem with some of you vette owners. You were beaten up down and sideways from 1992-2006 and because of the 14 years of child abuse you now think it is OK to cheat your way into being competive...

-so why is a 5 mph slower C5Z06 a drivers race to a gen3 srt10

-if so why is a 4 mph slower gen3 srt10 NOT a drivers race to a C6Z06

-and then why is a 3 mph slower C6Z06 a drivers race to gen4 srt10

because you guys twist this stuff up as you go to suit your needs. This is why many differant boards have lil respect for the vette clubs..

it's no secret that you guys love to post vids about a stock car running such and such number..only to find out later in the thread the car had DR's and intake/exhaust..

just to get back subject youd be crazy to down grade from a mid 16 second 0-150 mph Viper to a high 17 second 0-150 mph Z06..

Z06 would be a bus behind the viper
Maybe with you driving it - your post is way too long and way too much irrelevant babble...no one was talking about C5Z's...until you, and furthermore, instead of ******* all over the C6Z, go buy one and drive it...I own and drive both daily. Unlike you, I'm not talking through my ***.:rolleyes:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...heres me playing with one on the airfield..

it was stock and I had intake/roller rocker/no cats...We shut down around 150 mph and he pulled maybe 1/2 a car at the end..im in the middle..550 rwhp supra on the right and stock Z06 is the camera car..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rBiMEyI84[/media]

looks pretty close even with just 475 rwhp on the gen3 viper..

or how about this when the Viper is 485 rwhp with intake/roller rocker/no cats/exhaust against a cammed Z06 at 500 rwhp..

the video is crappy but me exclaiming "wow I actually got him" is priceless

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXp88TYnPn4[/media]

We faced 2 more times with me at 485 rwhp and him at 500 rwhp and he was 1.5 cars ahead each time....

Then I got the SCT tune for aprox 495 rwhp verses his 500 rwhp and we were dead even on 10 plus runs at the airfield...

Ive got a solid 50-75 races with the Z06 at varying power levels and they are no where near as fast as you guys try to make them seem...:dunno:

And I stand by my statements that if at only 475 rwhp ive beaten them or had close losses with them then their is no way in hell you will convince me that a Z06 is a close run with a 2008 Viper. especiallyu when every video shows the viper just walk away above 125 mph...

Ive added a few more mods and suspect im over 500 rwhp now..I have purchased a good quality HD camera as well as camera mount. on our next strip day (coming very soon) you will see in crystal HD quality just what a gen3 with a few mods can do..

This is what I suspect

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe with you driving it - your post is way too long and way too much irrelevant babble...no one was talking about C5Z's...until you, and furthermore, instead of ******* all over the C6Z, go buy one and drive it...I own and drive both daily. Unlike you, I'm not talking through my ***.:rolleyes:

i own a viper and nsx and few other cars..So since I own a nsx Im an expert and only my opinion is valid..Their are a lot of guys who will never own an nsx who know much more than I do. the car moves their soul. To me it is just a nice lookin car that you can DD and gets good gas mileage

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister,so your saying SAME DAY ,SAME TRACK you could beat Jamie Furman running your Gen 3 against his stock Z06 then (THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE) .You just dont understand the driver concept here.Videos and YOUR RESULTS you post mean absolutely nothing because the guy driving the Vette can not drive.Your facts are also not correct as Jamie sets his records at his home track not on NJ tracks (YOU MENTIONED ATCO ).Also you never explained to me why my Gen 4 ran on one of the fastest tracks in the world (ENGLISHTOWN ) DRIVEN BY ONE OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD (Evan Smith )ran 11.3 and on that same track ,same weather ect Evan ran 11.4 in the Vette.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister seems to base all Zo6's on his friends car. But some of his rambling and numbers make sense.

Either way. Buy what works for ya and enjoy it.

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an offer to trade my 08SRT roadster for a 09 ZO6. Both cars have approx 400-500 miles on them. The corvette has all the options. Let me ask; what would you do?This is not an easy decision for me. This is an even swap in case that's not clear.

Does it really matter, if you only have 4 to 5 hundred miles on your 08, obviously it seems like a garage queen. If you want all the comfort and nannies, dvd, heated seats, you know what i mean. The vette is much easier to drive and more refined. And you post this on a Viper forum, what do you expect to hear. Post this on a corvette forum and most guys rip the car apart. Me on the other hand love them both. I have a older 2003 SRT, it comes no where close to my 07-ZO6, and both have 600HP and are cammed. Two totally different cars.The vette get there instantly, the viper just takes a little longer. LOve them both.:)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These Viper vs Vette threads always bring out the most idiotic members here. Especially the guys who are in denial that a C6 Z06 is quick.

I like owning both, each vehicle for different reasons. I do not think the '09 Z06 is worth as much as an '08 Viper, so I would not trade even.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bench and magazine (and video) racing, performed by those with zero actual seat time in either vehicle being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang