viper insurance

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checked insurance price and its cheaper then the car that I have
right now. They said the comp. model would cost $11.00 more every six months Is the comp. is that the GTS or is there a different model

V

Venomiss

Checked insurance price and its cheaper then the car that I have
right now. They said the comp. model would cost $11.00 more every six months Is the comp. is that the GTS or is there a different model

Guessing they are referring to the Competition Coupe?- If so it's made for the track-look a bit down the page and read all about them. Good luck and glad it's cheaper. Double bonus!

Last edited by a moderator:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure the comp. doesn't stand for comprehensive? I only ask because we're talking about insurance policies, and I don't think competition coupes are street legal.

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The insurance company said that the competition viper is only $11.00 more very 6 months then my nissan 350z and theother model is $50 cheap every 6 months then i am paying now

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there is the cc and the other one is the coupe and the insurance is state farm When I got my nissan they told me a vette would be cheaper but I didnt think a viper would be

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're probably getting an addittional discount for a second car. None of the private insurance companies here in BC will even insure a Viper (only gov. ins.). My '01 Viper costs me 50% more than my Stealth R/T TT and 300% more than my 91 F150.

Of course, since it's Gov. insurance (taxes) there's no second, third or 4th policy discount - they're all full price. Over $3,000/year with a 17 year safe driver discount.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a $50 discount for the ABS and another $50 discount for the alarm/immobilizer.

Ted

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geico is pretty Viper friendly in the part of FL I'm in. It was less than my wifes G35 coupe and now less than her Porsche Cayman by about $25 / 6 months.

There are a number of low-buck insurers that won't touch a Viper and then there's a bunch of rip off ones that kill you no matter what you drive. Best advice is to shop them every renewal time.

Being authorized by a state to write auto policies is like permission to print money for the insurance companies, they make tons on it. That's why shopping can yield huge savings.

I have found that your credit score can be a huge factor in the rates you pay. Right or wrong it's what they do.

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The insurance only have to models listed the CC and the coupe but they didnt say if the coupe was a RT/10 or a GTS or if it was both

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog