Viper VS. Z06 - VIDEO!!

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, the Viper guys are not accepting the race..CHICKENS..BAWK BAWWWWWWKK BAWK BAWWWWWWWK

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To people like Chris and others who have remained civil in this debate - take care, enjoy your great cars and I hope we meet (socially or at a track) one day.

Cudo's to you too! :cool:

Oh, you weren't refering to me?!? That really hurts! :(

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******], this thing goes on forever without anyone having a clue. Here's the scenario- pure showroom stock, straight-from-the-factory Viper and Vette line up with nothing taken off (like the Vette's coverthingy) and nothing bolted on (exhaust, filters, intake), OEM tires kept in place (read: from the factory), and the best drag racers from each respective side, THE VIPER WILL WIN. I've seen in one video and at least one magazine Vipers getting 11.7 times, FACTORY STOCK.

Here's a few challenges for you Vette fellas. Although you may think I'm being an a-hole about this, I honestly don't think so. I'm trying to help you see the light.-

1. I'd love for the Corvette guys to admit that with the above scenario, Viper would defeat the Corvette. And I'll let you guys know something (not really an admittance), I know there are some Vettes that can beat Vipers, either because of modded Vette vs stock Viper, non-experienced drivers, or whatever the "unfair advantge" may be.
2. I also want you guys to admit that a pure showroom stock, straight-from-the-factory Vette with nothing taken off (like the Vette's coverthingy) and nothing bolted on (exhaust, filters, intake), OEM tires kept in place (read: from the factory) will most likely/has not broken into the 11s. If there is one, IMMEDIATLY correct me; BUT only if you have proof through timeslip or video.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy hit. I'm all late to the party. Why didn't someone come get me? Dam n, I feel left out... :(

I have a few things to say. First of all I have had a few discussions with Les and he has always been very reasonable. I think some of the guys on here are trying to get the vette folks all riled(sp?) up not that there's anything wrong with that :D . Well here is my take. I know z's can be very fast. I got my asss handed to me by Optic (Shawn) His 11.4 @125 to my 11.6 @129. Now my manhood forces me to add that I was very unexperienced(first time at 1/4 track) and Optic is a VERY good driver but a loss is a loss. As far as stock to stock I have no personal experience with that so I'm not going to touch it. I will say that from talking to Les in the past I would believe him if he quoted a time. He's an honest guy.

Now as far as the street tire comment from the lucky guy with the drag racing wife(that is cool) I kindly disagree. I dont have drag radials or slicks because I like to race my car in its street form. Anyone can put a set of slicks on their car and drop a half second or more but what good is that. So you can say at "Once every other month at the track when I take the time to switch tires I can run xx.xx." I'm not knocking you, it just isn't for me.

To All:
Remember this is a internet forum. Don't let a little ribbing get to you to the point of leaving. It's fun to joke around a little. I would hate to see everyone all ********** at each other where the vette guys stay over there and the viper guys stay over here and we cant bs a little every onve in a while. I think we are all decent people over here and I welcome most of the vette guys(Except for that IMBRED POS WISEGUYZ, that sad boy has issues) so take it easy and let the show go on.

Gerald,
I have to admit you made me bust out laughing a couple times. When you get going look out!!! :D

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow what a thread, you guys must be independently wealthy and not have to work to spend so much time arguing about something so stupid.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work. I'm not wealthy. ****, I have to drive my mom's Saturn until I [possibly] buy a car from my dad. I type during my breaks. databasing for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week gets boring.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as info I kinda consider a car still stock with just a new intake /filter on it. I know technically it is not but you really don't really get that big a gain just by adding an intake. Now when you change the thermostat things start getting a little fuzzy. I have a K&N filter in the stock box and I consider myself stock. Its not like some of these guys saying stock have head and cam packages or superchargers it is basically intake and tire, more or less stock. Where do you draw the line? Does my Filter Element make me modified? Or how about the Zip Tie mod?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally anything different than the way it came from the factory. To keep it straight I used to say I am 100% stock except for k&n's. That usually clears things up.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANYTHING THAT ADDS HORSEPOWER, IMPROVES HANDLING, TRACTION AND OVERALL PERFORMANCE FROM SHOWROOM STOCK STATE, VOIDS STOCK STATUS......Clutch etc included.......

I just dont understand why this is such a hard concept for people to fathom....On big engines any breathing mods[exhaust,intake,headers etc] adds hp so how can you consider either as being stock....Its not....Stock for stock the Viper has better power to weight...On a comparatively lighter car like the Z06 you add filter etc to the Z06 while the Viper stays stock and it changes the equation...The Z will now run or even beat the Viper...It doesnt prove who is faster stock for stock now does it.

Would you consider a 03 Cobra guy with exhaust, intake even pulley stock? Especially when he runs with or beats the Z06?? I dont think so...

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other thing is when this guy said his Vette was stock, we mentioned this to him. He came back with saying, "when I said stock, nothing inside the engine was touched." Well, can you say "stock internals?" it's not too hard to add one word to describe the engine. There's a big difference between stock (bone, pure, dead, etc) and stock internals. There's a bunch of cars that can run (Vipers, Vettes, Stangs) 11 sec quarter miles without nitrous, s-c, turbo, or internals; so I dont know why this guy is touting he has stock internals and runs 11s with bolt ons and d-r's.

Maybe my theory of SOME Vette owners is becoming fact. They know little about engineering and what they're talking about. They're in it for the image of the car. In no way am I saying he's not telling the truth about 11 sec runs. Just dumbfounds me how someone can mistake calling their car stock engined when they mean stock internal engined when they're an "avid" drag racer. I'm done with these [******] interns. F-c- 'em.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Thanks for the kind words - you are OK in my book as well. I think you know I have zero tolerance for trolls, even when they are Vette guys on "our" forum. It is OK with me if folks want to doubt my numbers, I have the timeslips and witnesses to back it up, I didn't come here to argue the point, only to answer some questions about Z06 performance. I "assume" people here MIGHT believe I have more and/or more recent experience both as a Z owner as well as someone who tracks hs car, just like I accept that VCA members will forget more about Vipers than I know. My experience is limited to the 12 times I have lined up against a Viper, and my record is 12-0, and that is a fact. That could change next week, probably will, there is ALWAYS someone faster than you are. Those who want to take cheap shots show what they are made of, IMO.

Now as for the stock debate.

First IMO, Russ is not stock, McRat is not, either. Stock is how the dealer takes delivery from the factory. Dealer add-on's, customer add-ons (power, suspension and tires) disqualify the stock claim. Many on the Vette forums use a very wide definition of stock, I do not. It is either stock or it is not. If you have mods you have mods. Mods include bolt-on's (those things that don't touch oil e.g. headers and CAI), internal mods (e.g.cam, ported heads), power adders (nitrous, supercharger, turbo), suspension mods, and tires.

I believe McRat has offered to run on stock tires, prefers the aftermarket as it is easier on the driveline. He removes his airlid, Russ has exhaust work, so friggin what? Russ made the claim he has NEVER seen a Z06 (mods or not) run better than a 12.5. He also claims that NO Z06 can hang with him past 1st gear (again no reference to mods). Russ claimed to be an "average" racer who spends "lots of time" at the track, yet now seems to say he doesn't drag race (a claim he made on the Vette forum in response to my question about HIS times).

Russ layed down the challenge (without qualification) to show me what his car can do. Obviously I am on the "right" coast so that will never happen. McRat stepped up to the plate - he is slower (MPH) than I am and has fewer mod's so this should be MORE than fair if Russ shows up and races. I hope they do, I wait on the video.

Later Guys.

Les

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les,

You really should re read the posts, and see what I really typed.

I do spent alot of time at the track BUT no in a Viper. I race on a semi profesional basis, but the cars I drive have not been sticks for a long time now.

I invited NOT challanged any one in my area to do some testing, but once again you took it as an insult and flew off the handle. And as I said when ever McRat or anyone else wants to do some friendly testing I am more than willing. If you want to do it for money I wont be driving a Viper, since it is not what I consider a fast 1/4 mile car and that is not what I bought the [******] thing for.

My problem with you is that from your first post you have been trolling. You say that a Viper has a slight edge but then say you always beat them. Then you post a video of your car beating a Viper that runs a 13.5. You know exactly why you are here, plain and simple.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

For the record I never posted a video of me beating a Viper, let alone one running a 13.5! You continue to deflect, deny, deceive and discredit when challenged. The slowest Viper I have ever raced ran a 12.6 (Gen1), the fastest was a 12.1X, most were around a 12.4, which is why I said from the start that a stock Viper would BEAT a stock Z06, actually I used the word edge.

You said you spend a lot of time at the track, that you have never seen a Z06 run better than a 12.5 (any Z, regardless of mods as none were mentioned), and that no Z06 has ever hung with you past 1st gear. Now you MEANT to say you go to the track but don't race the Viper. OK, you didn't say it quite that way, so maybe it was an honest mistake, like claiming on the Z forum that I called you a troll here (which I did not), and like claiming here that I posted a video, which never happened. I did say that Vipers get the edge stock for stock (with comparable drivers), and YES I have won 12 times but I am not stock, I have headers and a CAI - I said that from the start (stock tires) and run 12.0X times which stock Vipers do not (at least not here in Atlanta). Put headers and a filter on the Viper and things get interesting. Do you even READ the posts you quote from, surely not! On my Viper races most were REAL close. I have had Viper owners ask be to drive their cars to see if I could squeeze a better time out of their car than they could (I couldn't). These are facts, plently of people in the stands, plenty of timeslips. You waited until I asked you MANY times for your 1/4 mile times to now admit you don't drag race the Viper. Hmmm ...

Tony Armour is on this forum, drives a BAD A$$ Viper and has SEEN me run a 12.0, he was there (I ran two 12.0's that day, no Vipers in attendance). Tony can drive too, no doubt if he had the Viper that day instead of his 9 second T/A my record would be 12-1. Not that I have to prove anything to you, I know the truth. Tony kicked my butt with his supercharged GTS at a Auto-X event. You seem to accept my saying I have been whipped by Vipers at Auto-X and road courses (or at least you stay silent about that) while implying that I am lying about what I can run at a drag strip. One of us is a troll, I agree.

You say you "invited" me out for a demo of what your car could do, OK I'll give you that. You know the invitation could not be fulfilled, so I asked if I could get someone to sit in for me, you agreed to MY "challenge" (see, I'll call it that if you won't). In steps McRat, mostly stock except for tires, he agreed to run stock tires and you backed out - why? Afraid of the truth? Man, it's just a friggin race, take off your dress, ******** some stones and RACE the man for crying out loud and end the debate. You will lose to him, you will lose to his wife, and you will see a stock Z06 run better than a 12.5. I picked McRat because he puts hs car where his mouth is, he lives near you, he runs FEWER mods than I do, has LESS RWHP and lower 1/4 mile trap speed. Despite this he will hand you your a$$. I see him as a fair surrogate. OK, we will call it a test, not a race - will THAT make you show up :)

I took the high road with you Russ on this forum (not the Vette forum becuase you are a troll there) because I consider myself a guest here. I am not angry with you, but I am disappointed that after your "invitation" was accepted you ran for cover and start the deny, deflect etc. etc. game. I said from the start that you would not have the stones to race McRat or his wife. I was right.

To the rest of you, as your guest I will promise to behave as best I can, but when someone flat out lies the record must be set straight. Peace.

Les

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally got approved to post here I am 11 Second Momma on most boards. I will race anyone at any So Cal track for fun. I don’t street race as I have two small children to raise. I have a need for speed but I keep it to the ¼ mile track.

If you don’t want me race me with my dancing shoes (ET streets) I will race with street tires & with the lid to the air box put back on. But there is nothing I can do about the exhaust as I sold the stock one.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is past time to freeze this dreary thread. It won't make any difference to the world what occurs. A vette win will not convince anyone that a stock vette is "within an edge" of a stock viper. A viper win wouldn't convince these clowns of anything except that they had a bad day that day. They are beyond convincing. I say let them keep thinking what they may and go on with our lives.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you say...

First IMO, Russ is not stock, McRat is not , either. Stock is how the dealer takes delivery from the factory. Dealer add-on's, customer add-ons (power, suspension and tires) disqualify the stock claim. Many on the Vette forums use a very wide definition of stock, I do not. It is either stock or it is not. If you have mods you have mods. Mods include bolt-on's (those things that don't touch oil e.g. headers and CAI), internal mods (e.g.cam, ported heads), power adders (nitrous, supercharger, turbo), suspension mods, and tires.

then you go to say this....
and you will see a stock Z06 run better than a 12.5. I picked McRat because he puts hs car where his mouth is, he lives near you, he runs FEWER mods than I do
hmm, so first he is not stock... then he is? im confused....

I have said, still say, and will continue to say that stock for stock the edge goes to the Viper GenII, and yes I call a .2 difference an edge

okay, lets say a viper traps the 1/4 mile at 117 mph (slow estmate) so,1.609 KM in a mile, so 117MPH * 1.609KM = 188.25KM/H, lets just round that to 188 KM/H. Devide 188 by 60 to get KM/m, so 3.13, lets round that to 3KM/m, 60 seconds in a minute, lets devide that by 60 again... = .05 KM/s so you need to take .2 of a second... so .05KM/s * .2 seconds = .01 KM, there is 1000 M in a KM, so 1000 M * .01 KM = 10 M, lets just round this a little, 10M is around 30 ft, or almost 2 car lengths... i dont think that is a slight *edge*..

Stay focused on the race, don't let Russ excuse his way out of it. I am leaving the thread as the topic is pretty well done until you three (you, your wife and Russ) race and post the video. I sincerely hope he shows up but I increasingly doubt it. We shall see.
maybe you should do that... troll.

WALLst AL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well, I guess I have read enough, this race will never take place. It would have been very interesting!

You must be registered for see images

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper GTS has the big edge in mph by 4-5mph so in the real world[highway] we know what will happpen stock for stock...The 1/4 mile is a measure of traction and hp and skillz.....A vette with the hole shot could concievbly beat a GTS if he sleep at the light. Vettes get out the hole realllly good..But the GTS will most always have a higher trap speed......

One of the BIGGEST Corvette pro racers John Heinricy drove a Z06 vs a Mag driver in a GTS. Neither of them powershifted... BOTH STOCK..On the 100-150 run the GTS beat the Z06 badly by almost 3 secs to the 150mph mark..I think that really blows away any overly enthusiastic claims the the Viper GTS has a "slight" edge..Some of you Vette guys need to wake up and give the Viper its credit...Its still faster than the Z06 and it will get worse for the Vette as the mph climbs especially since the GTS has a much higher top speed..But then again Heinricy dont know what he's doing behind the wheel and for that matter Justin Bell either :rolleyes: It beat the Vette on the roadcourse too with Heinricy driving....So its just as fast as a Z06 in the proper hands on tracks...The way some of you guys talk you would think a Viper is a Civic.

Bottom line is no one that challenged can be trusted since they claim "lightly modded" then turn around and say you are stock.....Why would anyone want to run someone thats "out to prove something" and cant be honest about what stock is??Now all these people come out of the wood work with modded Vettes to challenge the guy....THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT STOCK VS STOCK....I dont know any of the folks involved in this dispute but from an impartial onlooker it seem that somebody got an ax to grind........From reading this I wouldnt trust any of your claims of being STOCK...No flame just calling it as I see it..

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the Viper costs $20,000 more than the Vette...with $20K worth of mods I could run with a Viper...or just buy one... :rolleyes:

Before you asssclowns retort...I can get you a brand spankin new Z for $44K and change...and there's plenty of brand new 2002 GTS/RT's for $64K right now....Hell, I found a brand new 2001 Yellow/No stripes ACR for $68K about a month ago...250 dealer miles, and he's a total geaser...

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******]..i feel special for starting this thread.
anyways...cant wait to see a Vet walk over a Viper..thats gonna be fun. I GUESS THAT WILL be the only way to educate these guys what the Z06 is capabale of.

oh, and my buddy just ran a 12.00 @114 with 345 rwhp [ catback exhaust and cai] not too bad for a Slow Z06 eh?

peace

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen I, stock by your definition, achieves a higher mph than that. So hope we don't meet in a venue where traction and launch is much less important than power.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant wait to see a Vet walk over a Viper
Have you ever heard "there's always someone faster"? I guess it makes it that more special when a Vette beats a Viper cus it rarely happens. Even though the Z06 has a better suspension setup for drags, I bet a Viper with same level driver and same mods can beat that time.

Nice time by your friend though. What tires was he on? Not bashing, being sincere, honest Q.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******]..i feel special for starting this thread.
anyways...cant wait to see a Vet walk over a Viper..thats gonna be fun. I GUESS THAT WILL be the only way to educate these guys what the Z06 is capabale of.

oh, and my buddy just ran a 12.00 @114 with 345 rwhp [ catback exhaust and cai] not too bad for a Slow Z06 eh?

peace

so your friend finally ran somthing to keep up with a viper? well, its at a lower mph... so yea... ohwell.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the fun Mrs McRat, I see on the Vette forum Russ has agreed to hook up with you and Pat and "test" the cars. Have a good time and show them what you can do. There are also a couple of folks ready to road race as well. Nothing will be settled, the debate is endless.

Les

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude