Vipers return to Roadracing couldn't have been more perfect!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the merger of Grand Am and ALMS, the increased spotlight on sports car racing just got elevated back to the level of the 60s and 70s , in my estimation. With the new GTSR, luck and timing with the new Viper could not have proven any better. With the blending of the two Series in 2014, it likely will open some interesting doors and what exciting news with the Snake back in the fray.

In the 60s and 70s the racing that attracted the crowds was primarily this type as opposed to Nascar. Not pretending there will be a return to this where we see the decline of Nascar, but definitely see a real increase in interest , again, with this historic merger. Sponsorships should increase with only one main venue , and there will likely be even more manufacturer involvement.

Dodge may be out of Nascar, but I for one believe this portends great things for the GTSR racing program -- sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

Gotta believe the entire SRT corporate community is thrilled?!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100%! Give me more, more, more road course series racing... I'm saving space for it on the DVRs.

On that note, Rolex is at Seca this weekend (love the GTs). I see it on Speed TV's schedule for Sunday at 3 PM EST.

Rich

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is epic, it's funny how I was talking about this exact topic this last weekend with my uncle. More cars in a single series with greater manufacturer backing sounds like good times.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Now let's hope the restriction plate and weights get sorted out so we can see some great racing on the best road courses across the country!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey maybe if Dodge throws all their support behind the GTS-Rs they'll get favorable position in the rules....at least until they clean up. Happened to the C6 corvettes.....they kicked butt then the rules bent a little to improve the CTS-V's performance, Camaros have had a decent year in Grand Am for the same reason. Go Viper!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the merger of Grand Am and ALMS, the increased spotlight on sports car racing just got elevated back to the level of the 60s and 70s , in my estimation. With the new GTSR, luck and timing with the new Viper could not have proven any better. With the blending of the two Series in 2014, it likely will open some interesting doors and what exciting news with the Snake back in the fray.

In the 60s and 70s the racing that attracted the crowds was primarily this type as opposed to Nascar. Not pretending there will be a return to this where we see the decline of Nascar, but definitely see a real increase in interest , again, with this historic merger. Sponsorships should increase with only one main venue , and there will likely be even more manufacturer involvement.

Dodge may be out of Nascar, but I for one believe this portends great things for the GTSR racing program -- sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

Gotta believe the entire SRT corporate community is thrilled?!

Hey Bill Pemberton...I took a couple of local dignitaries with me to the Viper Days/NARRA meet at Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, NY last month and it was an incredible experience. Not only did we have the great Viper racing but that awesome track facility was so impressive. I am all hyped up on road racing again as I am basically an old drag racer from the '60's. Although the Viper Club members were invited as guests to this venue and event, there did not seem to be too many there. I looked for you and the Woodhouse team but apparently you were not there. at least not on Saturday. Anyway, totally agree with your post and just wish we were going to be here when the Vipers and NARRA visit Watkins Glen in October.

Mike Nearing

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sports, motorsports particularly is too saturated in America to support two major sports car series. Indy still hasn't regained its respect, influence or finances it had prior to their stupid split nearly 20 years ago. You know you got greedy when your enterprising intentions ruined a good thing.

Anyway, it will be nice to see 80-car fields again at Sebring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960