VOI 8! Sept 9 - 13, 2004

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can anyone quote a SOURCE on this claim of VOI.8 date/location...it would be NICE to be able to sort fact from rumor and wishful thinking.

While, indeed, the info MAY be correct, at this point it seems strange that NO Nat'l Officer (nor Viper HDQ) has made any announcement or commemted in/on this thread as far as I can see.

Just wondering...any official HELP out there???

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is official per Dan Knott, head of PVO. He spoke last night at the VCA/SEMA dinner in Las Vegas. As always it will be a great event.

Thanks to Marko for organizing the dinner.

While it's impossible to please everyone, my hat is off to D/C for once again hosting one of the most unique events in the automotive industry. My wife and I will be there and I look forward to the drive, no matter how far it is....

:2tu:

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happily drove to Nashville last year and will happily drive the 20 minutes to VOI 8!! :)

September is typically a HOT and dry month! For those of you who have never driven at TMS, etc. it's GREAT!!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not so sure that there are any 1/4 mile tracks in the Dallas area. They do have the Nascar track for road racing and that is pretty tight. Looking forward to a short 5 hour drive.
Rohn
Houston

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn,

There is a very nice NHRA 1/4 track in Ennis, which is about 30 minutes south of Dallas - see http://www.texasmotorplex.com/ I was able to pull a 12.1 (stock 97 GTS) there my very first time at any 1/4 mile track. Those that really know what they are doing should do GREAT!! :)

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas is an excellent choice....will be friggin' hot, but lots of stuff to do in the DFW area.

Final....dude, in case you haven't noticed all of the Vipers that matter are in Texas. Fast, faster, fastest....its all right here in the Lone Star state.

I thought Nashville was lame and St Louis wasn't much better...especially considering Gateway is in the MIDDLE of the hood known as E. St. Louis....I had flashbacks to the scene in Vacation where Clark takes the wrong exit and loses his hubcaps in E. St. Louis.

I get sick of major events catering to the East or West coast....if you don't want to get off your ass and come down for the shindig, oh well. If you do show up, I'll buy you a big beer for making the effort and show you some women that don't have the Empire state look (moustaches, no neck, bad teeth, and the scent of a fish market).

All hail Texas....the only state with the right to fly its flag at the same height as the US flag. HOOOOORAH

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas.........
The date is fine with me since the wife and kids don't come anyway, but the place blows. I'll go, but bringing the car is a whole other story....we'll see.

Nashville's entertainment was bad enough, but get with the times! I hope we are all not going to be asked to join in a square dance.

There better be some hot country music star there. Know what? I'll pay an extra $200.00. Multiply that by what.....1500 people? Isn't that 300K ?? That should pay for a name-celebrity for one night.

AC

AC

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This "MIGHT" be the hotel they use......

http://www.hotel-technology.com/project_printable.asp?ProjectID=2550

(Link found by Jerry De Young)

Here's a quote from the article.....

"The main attraction the Opryland Texas will offer to visitors is a four-acre atrium that will be a showcase of Texan landscapes and vistas in a climate-controlled environment under glass. Part of this experience will be created using specially designed rockwork, waterways and landscaping"

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas suits me fine. I have been to all seven and look forward to #8. My vote would be to shift it a least a week due to school start ups. Even though kids may not go parents would feel more comfortable knowing the youngsters are settled in at school.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas.........
The date is fine with me since the wife and kids don't come anyway, but the place blows. I'll go, but bringing the car is a whole other story....we'll see.

Nashville's entertainment was bad enough, but get with the times! I hope we are all not going to be asked to join in a square dance.

There better be some hot country music star there. Know what? I'll pay an extra $200.00. Multiply that by what.....1500 people? Isn't that 300K ?? That should pay for a name-celebrity for one night.

AC

AC

OK, why don't you bring a bus full of gold chain wearing, pizza eating, gum chewing, goombahs with chest hair coming out of thier shirts with you to balance things out! It would be fun for all of us country music loving rednecks to see. We can square dance on your heads and spit tobacky juice on your liesure suits! Have you ever even been to Dallas? There is a ton of stuff to do here, and our women blow New York women out of the water! No contest! None! Shmuck! :mad:

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dallas is a fun town /area and its only half way across the country from either coast. No location will be geographically perfect for evryone. I will go where ever it is. Looking forward to it.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That really gets me... why would they do it in early SEPTEMBER? JUST after all schools get going again... the worst times to miss. they couldnt make it MAY? give me a break. the LEAST they could have done would be to make it the end of the month... and in a better place than DALLAS! YUCK.

I just dont understand... why WOULDNT they bring it back to Vegas...? I dont think they would get ANY opposition on that one! I really doubt I will be attending the next VOI if its in Dallas... way too far, and not enough enjoyment to offset the shipping costs, vacation costs, etc... etc. CA/AZ/NV/FL are about the only states that far away I would bother with.

Come on Dodge... Its not too late to change your minds. I dont think you'll be seeing to many of the northerners/Easterners if you put it in Dallas...not enough "cool" factor to attract from that distance.

Come On Lesser!!! With a car like yours, you must have enough coin to not worry about travel expenses. Since you've probably never been to Texas, maybe you are one of those stereotypical Yanks. In that case, stay home!! We'll all have more than enough fun without you!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could this be one of the events planned at VOI8?

244redneck_anti-terrorist_training.jpg

Of coarse I'm kidding.

Thanks Yves for the pic!

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO, this is a pic of the Billy Bob brothers waiting for Texas Hating Yankees. As they say here in Texas, if you Love New York, ... Take I-35 North!!!

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. Is somebody from New Yowk bashing Texas women? Ooooh, that's funny.

not just the women, everything! the guys that are saying the woman arent that great ARE mistaken

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS for the verification, Ron...have added same to our 2004 Regional calandar.

By the way, have NO DOUBT, this VOI will be a blast !!!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just glad it's not Alaska or Hawaii. I'll be there no matter where it is. According to Mapquest, it will be a 22 hour drive. OK!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with VOI 7 (Detroit then to Nashville) nothing is for sure until it is official and this is NOT an official announcement.

I simply wanted to do as so many others have done on this board and pass the word on. I would not make any vacation plans yet or carve anything out in stone.

I will go, however I am just as disappointed about the location as others on this board. Not because it is in Dallas, but because I truly thought it was time for a west coast location to be chosen. I wanted to drive and enjoy the convoy! When the time comes and I'm standing in this brand new hotel with all of you, the last thing I will be worried about is what state I'm in. BRING ON THE TEXAS WOMEN!