What is that?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what is that thing in the duct???? Fog lights????????

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A grille insert?

Don't forget this car was the fiberglass one. That would make it the 2nd rolling chassis I think. I believe the passenger mirror was missing on the car the last day we were there. Oops. :rolaugh:

--RS

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish but I think it's too small to be a fog light!! :omg:

Where was that pic taken?

Damn Stryker Red looks good. It is really made specifically for Gen V! AMAZING!!!

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say that this close up of the front end is probably my most favorite. It must be a combination of things but for some reason I love the way the front end looks in this shot.

There is just something about the right side headlight area being right in you face in this shot that is doing it for me. It looks aggressive and interesting but not haphazard like some of the other front end shots do. Even with all of the lights/ reflections on the hood, it does not detract from it at all, and to me it finally looks like it should.

Is it just me...?

My God, it looks like a snake!:rolaugh: (seriously)

Last edited:

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grill design makes me think that the decision to make the Viper a part of the SRT product line and not a Dodge came late in the game. Apparently the easiest and least expensive thing to do was simply "black out" the Dodge styling elements. There is no other reason for having the Dodge styling elements in the grill. IMHO, a simple mesh grill, like that in the air intake for the engine, would look better. Wonder if the Mopar guys will offer a simple mesh grill as an aftermarket part? :headbang:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those appear to be LED fog lights! If so, that upgrade would be sweet.

You are correct sir! This is the foam 1/1 scale that was shown to us at VOI 11. You may also notice upon closer inspection of the headlights that the LEDs are a bit different. They are (what I call) a solid beam and they Curve over and around the top of the lights.

Blackhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest difference in the grill to me between the mules and the car in the lobby (other than the fog lights and the honeycomb backing) was that in the mules the grill looks more like an insert put in after the bumper goes on and sits sort of on top of the bumper vs. the foam car which looks like it was mounted on the bumper from behind. On the mules there is quite a large portion of black plastic trim that goes around the grill ---- makes me think of the 4th gen F-body grills (not a good thing).

Reaction score
Ralph said the grill was to pay homage to the Viper linage, not an after thought.

The grill design makes me think that the decision to make the Viper a part of the SRT product line and not a Dodge came late in the game. Apparently the easiest and least expensive thing to do was simply "black out" the Dodge styling elements. There is no other reason for having the Dodge styling elements in the grill. IMHO, a simple mesh grill, like that in the air intake for the engine, would look better. Wonder if the Mopar guys will offer a simple mesh grill as an aftermarket part? :headbang:

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice find. They do look like LEDs and I really hope that is an option we can add on. I think it looks great and I think I now made up my mind on which hood I like better: GTS.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph said the grill was to pay homage to the Viper linage, not an after thought.

Mark, I accept you at your word.

I like my story better because it gave me a reason to accept a grill I don't like! So, now that the reason doesn't exist, I can say without any hesitation, I don't like that grill. I would prefer plain mesh with a Viper medallian in the middle.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't be concerned. If Dodge doesn't offer any, I would bet that the Aftermarket Suppliers are going to come up with replacements for the 13 SRT/GTS Grille.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, now that picture of the grill looks great. It would be nice if the grill was that visible all the time!

Isn't that the VOI "foam" car taken in the lobby of the hotel?

FOGS....that would be sweet if they would resurrect those. I'm missing them.

Last edited:

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, that Stryker Red is a beautiful color........C'mon hurry up and depreciate those Gen Vs.....Destiny awaits for me in about 3 years:)

former345bhpLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a new episode of "Downshift", a motortrend based show that I hadn't heard of on youtube that is centered on the Viper and Ralph Gilles mentions that the mesh had to be removed to allow for adequate engine cooling.

Also, the video has a lot of good Viper footage, some of which must be from there upcoming road test as they have on-road video of the Stryker Red GTS w/ Track pack from VOI.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9JOgYvyP3s&feature=player_embedded#!

-Nick

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a new episode of "Downshift", a motortrend based show that I hadn't heard of on youtube that is centered on the Viper and Ralph Gilles mentions that the mesh had to be removed to allow for adequate engine cooling.

Also, the video has a lot of good Viper footage, some of which must be from there upcoming road test as they have on-road video of the Stryker Red GTS w/ Track pack from VOI.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9JOgYvyP3s&feature=player_embedded#!

-Nick

Great find!!!

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2 on great find for video. Many new angles of viewing. Amazing the amount of carbon fiber visible on the car.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm upon a further look to see what I got, I think you might be right! Interesting...It's pretty evident in the 2nd shot I took.

You must be registered for see images

--RS

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's definately a 5 LED foglight! We asked for foglights, SRT delivered.

That's the "foam" car though....first shown at VOI 11....and then at VOI 12 (above)....not the actual car....just the "teaser". My guess is they had fog lights initially, but took them out for cooling/downforce. Be cool if they added them back in though....or make an option.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to tweet Ralph that we need the LEDs back as a $250 option with easy quick electric disconnect and screws when going on track :).
I know, I know, keep dreaming

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to tweet Ralph that we need the LEDs back as a $250 option with easy quick electric disconnect and screws when going on track :).
I know, I know, keep dreaming

Especially the $250 part. Maybe the screws that hold them in will be that price...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Ralph talked about fog lights, he said they tried several options, including LEDs, so this may be an early rendition like others commented about. He said fog lights serve no purpose & there wasn't room & they didn't look good, all this was th reason no fogs, but that they aren't ruled out for a possible future solution or even add-on. That's what I heard from him any way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21