What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

I was just driving yesterday to meet some friends and see the new Matrix movie and I'm on the freeway when a cute 20-something girl drives next to me in a Mustang and mouths "That's my favorite car in the whole world!" Followed by a big grin and thumbs up!

So no flashing yet, but it's always still great fun and surprises every time I drive the Viper. :laugh:

-Dean.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lets hear some more stories! They couldn't have just stopped for over a year!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

On the way down to Wilmington NC to meet my viper tech, I stopped for gas at one of those interstate fly-bys and this guy comes running across the hi-way from the other gas station and practically knocks me down. "Gotta see your Viper! Always wanted to see one up close!" etc., etc...

Get a more muted reaction most times, but it's almost impossible to gas up without at least someone paying homage....

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At a car show one weekend and a little kid comes running up to my car with his parents. This kid was unbelievably awestruck, along with his dad I might add. After about 10 minutes, I asked his parents if I could take him for a ride, they said sure, so I did. I made this kids day. I thought he was going to *** his pants. He really loved the burnout I did as well!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Two weeks ago my wife and I are out on a Sunday Drive. I stop to get gas and This girl, driving a 70 Nova walks up to me as I'm filling the car with gas and says "Oh my god thats my favorite car in the world, I've got to touch the driver of this car." She then says " Oh my god I'm shaking." Anyway it turns out she works at a local deli my wife frequents, very beautiful. My wifes great and thought it was funny.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last year I got stopped by the police. I had a temp tag that he couldn't see through the rear window. He was very cool, and after I showed him my registration, he asked if he could see the car. I said sure. We talked for awhile, then all of a sudden another trooper pulled up. He asked the first guy if everything was ok, he said yes, then the second trooper asked if he could look at the car. I said sure, and proceeded to answer all his questions. Two minutes later, a third trooper pulled up, also wanting to see the car! He asked the first guy if everything was ok, he said yes, then the third trooper asked if he could look at the car! So there I was. On the side of a busy road, with three state trooper cars behind me, lights flashing on every car, having myself a one man car show. :headbang: I kept asking myself - "I wonder what all these people driving by us are thinking is going on?!" :cool:

My favorite times though, are when I drive through residential subdivisions. I almost always get either a father or a son, crashing through their front door, waving their arms, wanting me stop for a picture. I always stop, let them take their pictures, then offer to take their picture next to the car. For me, it doesn't get better than that. :2tu: :usa:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Almost forgot one.

Last year a friend asked me to do her a favor. She had a friend who has two daughters, and one of this friends daughters was about 12 years old and was deaf. She was really into cars, and of course the viper was her favorite. I was asked if I would bring the car over to their house to suprise the girl, and of course, I said yes.

We arranged with the parents to suprise the girl the following afternoon at 3pm I think it was. It was a beautiful day, and the family of the girl, all decide to play ball outside at about 2:45 in front of their house. (I wonder why?)

Let me tell you, I came roaring around their corner at 3:00, and deaf or not, I know she heard me coming! OMG. That was a great moment that I will never forget. We all had so much fun. Pictures were taken, rides were given. THAT MOMENT ALONE, was worth the price of my car. :headbang: :usa:

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2 weeks ago, I was eating at a fast food place, and came out to see a 70 something grandma looking at the car. She told me it was a beautiful car and that I must enjoy it. She then proceeded to tell me she drives a Boxter, had a Lotus at one time, and desperately wants a 911. She said she'd also consider a Viper (she was all about power and going fast). I would have thought she was a nice old lady who liked the red car, but it turns out she was a speed demon who would rather go 0-60 in 4 seconds! Goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys have some really awesome stories! Keep it up!

Here's what it's like from my view. ;) I don't know where to begin how special you guys really are. Your always giving kids rides and just driving people happy. I'd have to say that viper ownership with alot of you has brought some serious joy and great moments.

It was Joe Houss that got me my first viper ride many many years ago and how special it was riding shotgun with a drag racer, Evan Smith, in a totally outrageous 700 hp viper. The 30 seconds that I was in that car I was in awe. At one point he got out with the car running and I made sure that it was real, not a dream and that my seatbelt was tightened! :p

After that, I started going to many events meeting owners all over the country. Over last summer I got 2 more viper rides. I was even handed the keys twice! Once to get in and once to start it up. It's this kind of generosity that brings us together. So from the enthusiasts and viper lovers out there, thanks guys for giving us the opportunities to share what we all believe in!

Ron

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A month before I bought my Viper. I working out in my yard and had to run to the bank. At the the Bank in my nasty yard cloth I find myself standing behind this well dressed attractive 20 something. I noticed some car keys that were left on the counter and I make the comment to her that somebody left their keys. she acknowledge with a smile and briefly looked at the keys. Looking at the keys closer myself I noticed they are from a BMW. Nobody else was in the line except her and I so Jokingly said well would you like them? She looks back at the keys and says what are they to? Seeing the BMW key she said No thanks, maybe if it were a Viper”. I was speechless. Having been looking at Vipers for that last 6 months. I expected this cute girl to say, BMW! sure. After a dumbfounded pause I had to ask her, Why a viper? You don’t like BMW? She said “I just always loved Dodge Vipers”. I stood their not believing this young attractive GIRL would blow off the keys to a Bimmer for the Dodge Viper, and the way she answered my question was like, Why would a girl have to tell a GUY what great about Vipers. So I had to tell her that I was acually looking to buy a Viper soon.
She kind of smiled back at me like “sure you are”.

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This weekend I took my car to compete in a local autocross. There were around 70 cars, BMWs, Corvettes, Porsches, Camaros, etc. On my first run, a friend of mine who was running his new C6 asked to ride with me. We pulled up to the the starting gate, and there was a bit of a delay while they reset the clocks. While we were waiting we realized that people were walking/jogging towards the edge of the track in front of us and to the sides. Some were using regular video and still cameras, others were holding up cell phones with the strangest grins on their faces. My friend looked at me and said "So this is what it feels like to be a rock star!"

Later in the day, a girl comes up to me and asks if she can ride with me on one of my runs. She tells me that one of her girlfriends proclaimed that my car was the ONLY car there she deemed "humpable" and would I mind if she ****** it. I was at a loss for words, and not knowing what to expect, said "sure!" She promptly yelled out to her friend saying "it's okay, he says it's okay!" The next thing I know she's standing at my front fender practicing her technique.......

It was a good weekend :headbang:

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Place: Dulles Toll Road (VA)
Approached the Toll Booth with a Jeep Wrangler in front.
The Jeep driver paid the toll, got out of his car and made the Fangs sign with his hand, got back in the car and drove off.
We pulled up to the booth and the attendent said, "the Jeep driver paid your toll
and it was too much so here is the change". :eek:
Sorry if this is a repeat I LOL whenever I think about it.

:usa:

CreteViperMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I flew in to Omaha to pick up my first Viper from Woodhouse and I was driving it to a small town to show my first boss my new ride. I met a car on the road and it did a Uey on the highway, I thought, ****, is that a cop? I pulled into the small town and parked, the car pulled in next to me and 4 young guys got out and just stood there looking at it. We've never seen one of these up close. They took pictures and got in driver's seat. One said, "You gotta a picture of me in here because my dad will never believe this." And this was just during the first 2 hours of ownership. Then as I was driving it back to Chicago, I get the thumbs up from bikers, truckers, and kids. At the gas stations people would ask the common questions. They all wanted to see what a V-10 looked like, so I was always popping the hood.

Get the "I'm not worthy" thing alot. I too cannot believe how many people drive with cameras and videocameras. People want to take pictures at gas stations.

Our club has been able to do a parade lap at the Tropicana 400 for the past couple of years. Each year I've taken a friend's child with me. The looks on their faces and the smiles all make it worth owning the coolest car on the planet.

I was passing a Vette on the tollway one evening and the driver gave me a .......... THUMBS UP! I thought that was nice and unexpected.

We were giving charity rides at Gingerman Raceway one day, and this woman wanted a ride. I said you can ride with me, and she replied, "as long as you go fast". So I did. She was screaming and trying to hold on to anything. Coming into a corner at high speed and not slowing really got her yelling. Once she grabbed onto me. She said, "I had no idea these were that fast". I think she enjoyed it as much as I did.

Pulling into ******* one day and a half dozen waitresses come running out the door to see the car.

There's just so many stories to tell. But the greatest joy of Viper ownership is seeing how kids "light up" when they see the car.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was driving to a friend’s house a couple of months ago and as I pulled up in the drive way I noticed an old Jeep pulling in behind me. A mid 20s looking blond haired blue eyed vixen stepped out wearing tight jeans and an exposing shirt. I knew, right then that I was in trouble. She came running over to me told me her name (I promptly forgot it), said she had been following me for about 3 miles, and then let out the sweetest words I have ever herd "I love Vipers and would do anything for a ride." My mind thought over various “anythings” but then thought of my finance’. My head (the one on top of my neck) cleared and I gave her a strictly platonic car ride. During which she told me she was 18 and went to the same High School as my little sister :eek: . Whoops LOL

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

About 2 months ago I took a run in my 2000 ACR to Okeefanokee state park in southern Georgia. As I was coasting into the parking lot (only 2 cars were there) a ranger waived me down. I said hello and he said 'Sir, how fast do you think you were going?'. I told him 'about 35'. He then said that the speed limit awas 15 MPH. I said 'Sir but this car doesn't go 15 miles per hour'. He doubled up laughing. I then took a 15 minute nature walk, and when I got back there were 6 park rangers around the car. I then spent 15 minutes showing the engine, letting them sit in the car - what a hoot.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...said she had been following me for about 3 miles, and then let out the sweetest words I have ever herd "I love Vipers and would do anything for a ride."

SHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIII77777777

Hey "Anything??, PAINT MY HOUSE!!!"

:headbang: :headbang: :eek:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last December the local Lotus Club organized an "Fun Run". We met in Boston on a Sunday morning... Hopped on the MA Pike going west. There are a couple of short 10 mile breaks with toll booths. Just after the second toll booth is a MA State Police barracks. Appoaching the barracks I was carefull to watch my speed. I was leading the pack at the time. Well there was a State Trooper waiting for us as we passed. He pulls out and pulls in behind me, lights a flashing.

License and registration...pass it out the passenger window. He says we got a few cell phone calls stating that there were a group of cars speeding and driving wreaklessly.
Most specifically said the Viper was involved. He steps back to look the car over... hands me my license, registration and says "THEY MUST HAVE BEEN WRONG". Tells me to drive safely and have a nice day.

Dohhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...said she had been following me for about 3 miles, and then let out the sweetest words I have ever herd "I love Vipers and would do anything for a ride."

SHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIII77777777

Hey "Anything??, PAINT MY HOUSE!!!"

:headbang: :headbang: :eek:

Reply of the day, right there.

:2tu:

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once I picked up my daughter from a slumber party. I drove through a new subdivision where construction crews were working on several houses. We passed a backhoe that was just catching on fire. The worker made a mad dash for the water bucket on the back of his truck. I noticed a crew of about 6 guys working on the next house so I drove up to it and yelled that the backhoe next door was on fire. They all stopped, looked at the burning backhoe, looked back at me and said "fire it up". I was stunned. I said "what?" Then they said "fire it up man, let's here it". Then I knew what they wanted. I thought to myself - let the backhoe burn.

The reaction to a Viper never fails to amaze me.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wife and I were driving and stopped at a light next to some bikers. One guy had his wife on the back of his harley and asked if I wanted to trade. My response, "can she cook?" They got a big ole laugh. John

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just thought of another one. My 16 year old daughter had 4 teenage boys over. I went in the garage and found them on their knees around the Viper bowing up and down saying 'We are not worthy, we are not worthy ...'

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My best experience is when I just bought the Viper. I had a 3 day drive ahead of me to get home. On the trip i pulled in at one of those highway gas stations to fill it up. When I was done and wanted to hit the road again, a big man on his huge chopper came driving by. He had all the right equipment and looked really cool and tough with all his tatoos. He just stared ahead on the road, and when he saw the Viper his head just kept following it. He looked like he just saw a martian! His head turned 180 degrees and he almost lost control of the bike..
So the morale.. No matter how tough you are, the Viper can still make you weak!! :laugh:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of my Funniest and best came on the very first day I owned it. I got it. Spent all day detailing it. While the Wife was checking it out she didn't know it didn't have any door handles or windows. Wife telling me I rubbed that car better than I rubbed her. Reluctantly she went out with me on my very first test drive. And what happens? 10 minutes away from my house sitting at a stop light. A bright yellow lamborghini pulls up next to us at the light. No big deal right? Well we live in Indiana and I don't want anyone here to stereotype me. What I will say is I never see these around here. Right? My wife looks over at me and says "Man, You're very first **** ride and you just got OUTPIMPED! What could I say!

My "are those speakers?" reply: Yeah those are optional. That's so when I go to the beach and pop the hood I have the biggest boom box. Here's your sign! :smirk:

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While driving on the I-5 in Southern California a group of 4 girls pulled up to me in a Tahoe and yelled out "love your car" followed with a nice mid-day flash from 2 of the passengers, it was a good day.

richc222

Enthusiast
Reaction score

... tears fill my eyes as I recall...
pulled into Applebee's one night, a black honda 2000 followed me in. A hot (19 yo?)little brunette got out, we chatted, she asked too go for a spin. We took about a ten minute spin, she told me how she always wanted to go out with an older guy.... I related my Dad was newly single and about 72!

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife and I went for a ride and stopped at McDonalds for lunch, we parked the car so we could watch it as we ate. When we came out and were getting in the car a kid from the car wash next door came running over to tell us how much he loved the car and wanted to know if I would give him a ride. I said sorry there is only room for 2 people and I do have the wife sitting right here! He said well she could go over to the car wash and do my job while I go for a ride with you! I told him I don't think so! My wife and my car are number 1 in my life and I wouldn't want to lose either one of them.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is your 16 year old daughter doing with 4 boys in the garage???

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, my first drive ever in my new to me 97 GTS was yesterday, and first stop was to the gas station. Hadn't even gotten out of the car when the first interested party was waiting by the door for me to exit, already asking questions about horse power. I informed him it had 1000hp, of course! Next stop exiting the highway, waiting for my arrow to turn green, chatting with my 6 year old son (he was requesting a burnout!!) Noticed the car next to me hadn't moved for what seemed like 5 minutes, even though they had the green light. Looked over and it was a couple of chicks, pinned to the window oogling at the car. . . gotta luv it! Looking forward to a FUN summer!!

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Went down to Starbucks for a cup and 2 teeny boppers (cute)say "Love your car, can we have your autograph?" I'm old enough to be their grandfather. Fun stuff. :cool:

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pulled into a parking lot being chased by an 18 year old on his bicycle.

The Corsa Track obscured what he was saying about the car as I exited so he repeated himself as I locked the car.

He said: "that is my favorite car of all cars in the world (crowd was now gathering)...are you planning any mods like a supercharger?...would it be okay (crowd larger now) if I looked inside?"

Then as I attempted to depart, he (and crowd agreed) asked if he could see the engine...at which point I began to pop the hood...(remember I had locked the car)...the crowd jumped with the first beep of the horn..."

Oh well.