What is VGX?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, now that it's SRT.....how come they don't change the name of the forum?
Because it hasn't really been an issue until someone who does not own a Viper brought it up. In the end....does it really matter?

You must be registered for see images

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet others know more about this, but I seem to remember that the initial concept of the current Viper was first shown at the 2000 NAIAS, and was known as the VGX. It was a low, cool looking coupe with brake duct holes mounted high on the rear fenders and GTS-R badging. Some time later, when the production Viper convertible came out, it had the SRT-10 badging.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet others know more about this, but I seem to remember that the initial concept of the current Viper was first shown at the 2000 NAIAS, and was known as the VGX. It was a low, cool looking coupe with brake duct holes mounted high on the rear fenders and GTS-R badging. Some time later, when the production Viper convertible came out, it had the SRT-10 badging.
Yup, that's when the Gen III looked exiting and then they built the SRT.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... It'd only take a couple seconds though, wouldn't it?

ahhhh, if life were that simple...... The way the forums builds its display page using the forum name as part of the path (or something like that). So, If we changed the forum name, all of a sudden, all the posts in the forum would be gone, ****. We learned that the hard way a few years back when we did a few changes to the forums. We had a script written that took every post and changed what was necessary so it would also appear in the new/corrected forum name, but that script sadly does not seem to be anywhee to be found.

We did change the description, and I really wish I could remember why we put the VGX in the forum title (I seem to recall that we felt this would include the comp coupe, or future coupe, or something like that) as it now causes a bit of confusion....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang