Wheels & Tires Redux

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who swapped wheels and tires on their street driven SRT-10:

a. What combination...brand, size, etc. did you choose?
b. Pleased with your decision?
c. Cost?
d. Vendor?
e. How long on car to date?

Please post photos in response?

No repainted stock rims, please.

Thank you.

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gett'n ready to purchase the ccw's 505a's...they are 19's all around...I wanna sell my stock rims...My friend has a set on his vette ! they are hot. John

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see them on your black car. I do not care for them on a red car. I am gathering that you like them better than the new Coupe wheels for 2006.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My initial preference was for the Coupe wheels assuming that they already look good on the Copperhead.

However, they are, indeed, not unique. And someone offline mentioned that he felt that a black SRT-10 may be better served with the center of the wheels black (as in ALLBLACK's ride).

My thoughts were to buy a set of wheels/tires, set aside the stock wheels/tires to be used at trade time.

It, of course, cannot be determined if SRT-10 wheels are going to fit the forthcoming Gen IV cars with their polished titanium brake calipers.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My initial preference was for the Coupe wheels assuming that they already look good on the Copperhead.

However, they are, indeed, not unique. And someone offline mentioned that he felt that a black SRT-10 may be better served with the center of the wheels black (as in ALLBLACK's ride).

My thoughts were to buy a set of wheels/tires, set aside the stock wheels/tires to be used at trade time.

It, of course, cannot be determined if SRT-10 wheels are going to fit the forthcoming Gen IV cars with their polished titanium brake calipers.

Just called DC, they confirmed that the polished titanium brake calipers with
the 19" magnesium disks will fit!!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

To whom did you speak? When I called late yesterday afternoon, they said that the conards on the Gen IV machine were going to mandate some front end (and wheel) re-design especially in light of the carbon fiber panels.

Please clarify.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could help but I am still undecided. I do plan on black centers and chrome lips though. Right now the leading candidate is the Kinesis K58 20' rear and 19' front. :D

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Kenesis F110s would be cool on your Porsche.

What does the wheel setup as you described list for...and what tires are you going to use.

Would be pretty cool in the Kroger parking lot or...or....at Blockbusters!

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe:

To whom did you speak? When I called late yesterday afternoon, they said that the conards on the Gen IV machine were going to mandate some front end (and wheel) re-design especially in light of the carbon fiber panels.

Please clarify.

Can't give out the name, But it was going to be used on a Pink Mamba or perhaps a Purple Cottonmouth viper!

PS gen IV of course.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

I understand that you cannot reveal names. Having been a member of the SRT Group for several months, it is important to keep those communication channels sealed.

There are things I do not like about the Gen IV car. It is, to me, too light, and the ground clearance is next to nothing even with the 20" wheels. Those new ultra low profile 14" tires are, again to me, a bit much.

I like the carbon fiber front end, looks exotic. I think the wing is just a little much.

I was surprised, but not disappointed in the dropping of the V-10.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice, I have Forgeline SX3-R wheels on my car. I think the pictures I sent you a few weeks ago show those wheels. They are 18" on both the front and rear. I chose dark gray powder coated which I think goes well with the colors on my car. Those wheels are also available in light gray powder coating.

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waiting for HRE 540R brushed center chrome lip 18" all around. Tires will be 295/30/18 fronts and 345/30/18 rear with pilot sport cups.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe:

I understand that you cannot reveal names. Having been a member of the SRT Group for several months, it is important to keep those communication channels sealed.

There are things I do not like about the Gen IV car. It is, to me, too light, and the ground clearance is next to nothing even with the 20" wheels. Those new ultra low profile 14" tires are, again to me, a bit much.

I like the carbon fiber front end, looks exotic. I think the wing is just a little much.

I was surprised, but not disappointed in the dropping of the V-10.

I agree with all but the dropping of the V-10 is my only problem here! Have you seen the price of diesel fuel? Can't imagine filling that Gen IV up.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

Well, the economy on the Gen III was not very "environmentally friendly" so the diesel situation cannot be all that much worse. I do not understand their scrubbing air conditioning since I would imagine the cabin temperature will even be higher with 4" exhausts. I guess we shall see.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. Sorry, Bill. I was curious as to how far and creative it would become. I was about to move onto the suspension changes. Drats.

OK, back to thread regarding tires and wheels.

Question: No one ever mentions Chip Foose wheels. No news is bad news?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALice, Michelin 295/30-18 front & 335/35-18 rearI think? Jon B. at parts rack can get them at good pricing.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

I agreed. Checked as well. Foose is an incredibly creative guy, but he does not design something that would look bling-less for the SRT-10.

BTW: it is great that you are getting so much enjoyment from your new car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really love it, but I need to quit dumping cash into it! One thing after another! It should be mighty fine when I get done though!

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

Really an easy car into which to pour money. Most mods are rather pricey. Wheels and suspension competes with S/C for priority.

You going to change rear end or has that been done?