When do you plan on selling your Viper? Or are you keeping it forever.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the how many miles are on your Viper Thread I noticed there are more super low mileage Viper out there than I realized. There also seemed to be a lot of very high mileage cars with a few even up on the 100,000+ range This got me thinking, when do you think you are going to sell your Viper?

Do you plan on keeping it forever, if so how many miles do you average a year? Do you plan on just keeping on fixing it and driving it forever?

Or are you trying to keep it super clean with the thought of selling it some day? I know it is becoming a very rare sight to see a super clean low mile GTS for sale anymore, they do pop up once in a while but not to the frequency they used to.

I will probably keep mine for many more years to come. I have no plans on selling it or trading it for a newer generation Viper or anything else.

I am sure this thread will end up in the "One of the forums stupidest threads" section but it is a slow forum day so I figured what the heck!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
selling mine this spring most likely. it has ~60K on it. well maintained but needs some cosmetic TLC to be perfect.

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My viper will probably be converted to a down payment on a mortgage, considering I technically graduated college 2 months ago and it accounts for more than half of my 2012 pretax income. Luckily my parents don't mind having someone around to watch the dog when they travel.:headbang:

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No emotional attachment whatsoever to any car I have ever owned.
Would sell either or both in a heartbeat for something I like better, and if I could find a FGT for a cheap price (yea right) in good condition
I'd be out of a Viper faster than it took to write this.
I'm fickle and like new stuff...:D

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No emotional attachment whatsoever to any car I have ever owned.
Would sell either or both in a heartbeat for something I like better, and if I could find a FGT for a cheap price (yea right) in good condition
I'd be out of a Viper faster than it took to write this.
I'm fickle and like new stuff...:D

I have to agree, I would get rid of either of my cars to put a FGT in my garage. They are my FAVORITE American car.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I would own a Viper in my lifetime, much less an ACR. it has 1700 miles on it and I plan on keeping it a long time. I also own a late 60's Mopar Muscle car.

Bruce

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just got it in November of 2011 and probably will not sell it for a long time. I tend to keep my cars for well over 10 years, even my daily drivers....The car that I sold (1961 Devin Roadster) to get the viper, I had for 25+ years. Who knows, I just might request to be burried in it while in the drives seat, sunglasses on, trunk full of batteries with my favorite CD's playing....:lmao:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drained every savings account i had to get the Viper, Run it on a shoestring, Many a weekend toy. There are some Vipers for sale in the UK but it seems they take a bit of time to sell. I have always had a tendency to keep the cars and bikes Ive bought over years for a long time, and the Viper is no exception. My son has told me never to sell it and it would be great to hand it over to him one day! Ive always wondered about mods weather it adds value etc....But Ive come to the thought that's its my car and I might as well get it the way I want it, Lets face it you're only here once :) I guess if I really hit hard times and there was no other way, I would offer the car for sale, the only other way I would consider selling it is if I were to get a great firm offer..........Then get another Gen 2 :)

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll probably always have either this one or a TT.

I don't see myself driving anything else but a couple hundred more ponies would be fun.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't plan on selling mine, but if I had to (due to whatever crappy circumstances), I would. If someone offered me enough money for a sizable down payment on a Gen 2, I think I would. Then again, I am attached to the car since it was my dream car ever since 92'. I would much rather add a Gen 2 in the future and keep the Gen 1.5.

The only other non-Viper car I'd rather have more is a Lambo Murci or Aventador. Gallardos, Ford GT's, F430's, etc. are nice, but I wouldn't sell the Viper for one.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dream car since I was 15, doubt I'll ever sell this one, in fact I even have a bet with my wife that I won't, if I lose I owe her ***** { in Dr. Evil voice } *****
"One miiiiillllloooooonnn dollars" :D

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no plans of trading/selling my '95. On a side note, my next car purchase will be a ’68 Nova because I lost my V-Card in the back seat of one when I was 15. It belonged to my buddy who still owns it. He’s married and has his first kid on the way. I’ve already offered a sum of money for it, but he’s having a difficult time letting it go. Just a matter of time before the weight of the married world crushes his bank account and he folds :devgrin: …but I digress. ;)

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost my V-Card in the back seat of one when I was 15. It belonged to my buddy who still owns it.

Amazing...See how anything can be taken out of context? Please don't take offense, just having some fun! :lmao:

Why don't you join the VCA Scott? I agree, he'll cave at some point on the Nova...beautiful car!!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't say I would never sell my Viper, but I will always own one. I would rather have two Vipers, because I'll never get tired of a GEN1, but I wouldn't mind 700HP. A Gallardo down the road would be nice, but I wouldn't get rid of my Viper just to have it.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my first Viper last year, my how time has flown by. I have about 3 weeks behind the wheel in between Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm already looking for another Viper.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't imagine selling my '96. Always dreamed of owning one, and think I would rather build a bigger garage to make room for it then sell it.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will probably pass it along to my son when he gets some more hair on his chest (just turned 21) or when I actually yawn while driving it. Either way I will hopefully, be rowing the t-56 for quite some time yet.

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amazing...See how anything can be taken out of context? Please don't take offense, just having some fun! :lmao:

Why don't you join the VCA Scott? I agree, he'll cave at some point on the Nova...beautiful car!!

Haha, not offended! You guys just wait! I’ll catch one of you in a syntactical error. I read over that after I posted it and more or less anticipated some level of grief.

I’m having a hard time justifying being a VCA member, but it’s mainly due to my location. I don’t think the VCA has much interest in the state of Idaho or Montana for obvious reasons, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’ve seen three Vipers in the Boise area since I bought mine three years ago and two of them weren’t even sporting Idaho license plates. If you’re looking for a Vette or a Stang, look no further; this place is stacked to the hilt with those things. Vipers are just scarce around here. If there were more local events I think I could justify it. Where it stands today, I anticipate it would feel like paying for Netflix without owning a TV…Maybe I’m wrong.

I’ll tell you what, you find some members to cruise a grip of Vipers through downtown Boise this spring or summer, and I’ll pay my dues. Hell, we’ll hit the downtown Boise bars afterwards…it’s practically a college campus and the downtown bars are profuse with hot women. So long as we don’t have to discuss the BSU football team, we’ll get along famously. I hate BSU…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21