When do you plan on selling your Viper? Or are you keeping it forever.

Slug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 96 GTS about 2 years ago. 500-1000 miles/yr. It's part of a small collection. Will sell when I need help getting in and out or can't remember where I parked it.

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a forever car to me.
10-20-30+ years from now it will have its place in the shop next to many other amazing cars and bikes.
bought it in 2009 with 12k on it...now she just passed 34k.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never plan on selling the Viper that made the boss of my supervisor so jealous he was overheard saying "I can't let him pay that off" and proceeded to severely bother me in the office a few times. He was later transferred to a far away and remote location for having sex with the human resources woman at the office.

The 2000 RT/10 I have now is everything I wanted almost 8 yrs ago and still want in a dream car. I would definitely have sellers remorse forever if I sold it. I can always find a way to garage it and still drive it when I eventually buy my next Viper.
I was working for a Local Landlord looking after his properties, when a work colauge found out I had bought the car he was so jealous he started making up stories to my boss, a few months later I was made redundant :( True story. The car cost me my Job! :(

Black Snake 23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up my RT/10 last April and have no plans on selling it anytime soon....If I sell my 97 Trans Am WS.6 I might be looking into a GTS next or SRT coupe :D

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to think of it my former Boss bought a 2008 Bullit Mustang and his office had 3 or 4 pictures of the car here and there. When I bought my Viper he was so jealous that he wouldn't even look at a picture of my car. He has since been let go:lmao:

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 B/W that I bought new. I never intended for it to be a garage queen, but after the first few years work, relocation and other factors just prevented me from doing much driving. The car has all of 6500 miles on it today! No hurry to sell, and probably won't till I retire!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer: NEVER.

Mint Gen 2 with 15K miles? It's part of the family and could never part with it. It's not "just a car" to me... :smirk:

Am averaging around 3K miles per year. At that rate, with a life expectancy of 100 years, my Viper will never reach 100K miles. ;)

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought for sure I would never sell my 95. Nice car, never wrecked, was all there and had a few nice mods. Nice driver for sure. THEN I met the love of my life and moved in to her place due to kids. Went from a newer house with a paved driveway, 3 car garage....to an older house out in the country in the middle of 300 acres. Yeah, side exhaust and no top living on a 1000 ft gravel driveway is not cool. Having the car black didnt help either. Just wasnt driving it anymore.

Off'd it for something a little more practical. Do I miss it? Absolutely.

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought for sure I would never sell my 95. Nice car, never wrecked, was all there and had a few nice mods. Nice driver for sure. THEN I met the love of my life and moved in to her place due to kids. Went from a newer house with a paved driveway, 3 car garage....to an older house out in the country in the middle of 300 acres. Yeah, side exhaust and no top living on a 1000 ft gravel driveway is not cool. Having the car black didnt help either. Just wasnt driving it anymore.

Off'd it for something a little more practical. Do I miss it? Absolutely.

I dislike these stories. VIPER :dunno: WIFE. VIPER...:2tu: WIFE....:curse: CHILDREN...:bonker: VIPER...:drive: MARRIAGE...:nono: VIPER...:headbang: VIPER!!!:burnout:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't think that I would ever sell my last GTS but things in life change. Had a baby girl in November of 09 and having our 2nd this April. I never drove it much so I sold it. But, I will be back!!

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waited 18 years to get my Gen 1... VERY fortunate to have an amazing wife to let me get one when the time seemed right... we also have two daughters that LOVE to go for rides with Daddy in the Viper (plus wifey likes going for cruises in the Snake, too)... I hope to NEVER have to sell it... just plan to drive and enjoy it for as long as I can!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sons (in HS) race with me in a Mustang we built together but are always tugging on my sleeve asking when they get to run the GTS! I'll keep my 2 until I can't drive 'em anymore and then pass them along to the lads.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't think that I would ever sell my last GTS but things in life change. Had a baby girl in November of 09 and having our 2nd this April. I never drove it much so I sold it. But, I will be back!!

Got the wife, house, 2 kids...and still have the Viper too.

A man will always have that need for speed...after he parks the minivan and unloads the groceries like a good hubby. :smirk: