When do you plan on selling your Viper? Or are you keeping it forever.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never say never. Over the past several years I went from a red 94 Gen 1, to a silver 98 GTS, to a black C6 Vette vert, to a yellow 01 RT-10, and now a silver 03 SRT-10. My current Viper is my favorite for many reasons. My wife is sick of me trading up and we are trying to get completely out of debt (we owe nothing on the Viper). I would say probably no. My future plans for it are maybe a Street Serpent setup, new paint, and a twin-turbo. I am completely satisfied with it right now.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No plans to sell mine. I'm planning on having the H2 and the Viper forever, since I see them both as kind-of iconic American cars. I'll just keep buying new ones. The only place I might get into trouble is if I move back to a real city and go back to the highrise lifestyle. I'll quickly run out of garage space. :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell? My last will is: burn me and put the ashes in the ashtray of one of my Vipers and bury me and the car .... big hole needed!
:D

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No plans on selling it ..... about 5k miles added each year. The Gen 1 experience can't be topped ... the sun, wind, rain .... bring it on

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on having the H2 and the Viper forever

Ahhhh, forever! I was thinking the same thing as I was tooling down the street in my H3 a year-or-so ago:

attachment.php

Glad to see I didn't offend scottmarston!!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we would have a revolution here, if gas was $11/gal right now.

Back on track, I have no plans on selling mine, but like some other replies...............if I could get my hands on a FGT it would ge gone quicker than it took to read this. I can't afford one, so I'm not selling.

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too do not plan on ever selling mine (unless I too could get a FGT); just paid her off and will be handing her down to my oldest son. Will have to get another one for my youngest!!! :D

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I like it.\

My plan from day one was to have a "collector car" that my son and I would work on together and keep in the family like an heirloom. My best friend and his dad have the best relationship in the world and they rebuilt his dad's 69 Corvette when he was younger. It was an incredible bonding experience and want that with my son. The Viper was a perfect balance of collectability and price. My intention is to give it to him one day when he's mature enough but also to have many experiences together with the car. When I'm gone I hope the car remains and will remind him of the wonderful times we had together. My plan was to have the car around 100K when he was old enough to drive. It currently has 42K on it and my son is 7 almost 8. So far so good. I keep the car in really good shape but actually hope that something goes wrong with it so that my son and I can work on it together. If not, then we'll just have to play with it together. Time will tell.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told myself I'd keep the first one forever... Sold after three years.
I told myself I'd keep the second one forever... Sold after 5 years.
I tell myself I'll keep the third one forever...

Well it's been over three years now since I bought it. I'll likely keep it for a very long time this go around.

Last edited:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would challenge anyone to name a car that is faster AND has better reliability. Also the Viper has the lowest maintainence schedule of any exotic out there. Some other cars may seem attractive sometimes over the Viper, but when you consider the relative rarity of the Viper, the low maintainence costs and the speed, there is none better. You haven't lived until you pony up the cash for a 15K service on a lambo or ferrari. The Ford GT can be a real issue getting parts--especially gauges that have a way of burning out at 3K/gauge. Can you imagine the up-roar on this site with 3K for a Viper tach? Trust me, the Viper is by far the better option in the long run---Dave

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh, forever! I was thinking the same thing as I was tooling down the street in my H3 a year-or-so ago:

attachment.php

Glad to see I didn't offend scottmarston!!

LOL! Obviously crashing one of them up would change the plans a bit. :)
I could see myself getting rid of the H2 down the road for an H1. I just can't do it now because I need the H2 as my DD. I love my buddy's convertible H1 as another weekend toy, but NO WAY I would want to drive it all the time.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never say never. I thought I would be in my 04 Ram 3500 Cummins for a long time, but that went last summer. That being said, I have no plans for the 07 SRT Superbee, or the 03 Viper anytime soon, mainly because I creally enjoy them, AND I can't afford it! I would say, I'm actually more attached to the Bee than the Viper. IF the SRT8 were more "plain Jane" both it and the Viper would probably go and be replaced with a Gen 4. However, the Gen 3 is already WAY more powere than I can really use.

Most likely, I will have one or both until circumstances dictate otherwise - namely, financial (too expensive to maintain, or emergency), or I simply get too old to drive them safely, or, (God forbid) damaged beyond resonable repair.

And yes, the VIPER is still my favorite car of all time, and I would have one over a FGT, or any Ferrari or Lambo (and I hang with the F-car guys at my C&C). Although, if I had all the dough in the world, that F 599 GTO is pretty damned nice!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No plans on selling it ..... about 5k miles added each year. The Gen 1 experience can't be topped ... the sun, wind, rain .... bring it on

Victor has a terrific car, and FAST! Although, it does leak just a little in the wet.....give it character!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would challenge anyone to name a car that is faster AND has better reliability. Also the Viper has the lowest maintainence schedule of any exotic out there. Some other cars may seem attractive sometimes over the Viper, but when you consider the relative rarity of the Viper, the low maintainence costs and the speed, there is none better. You haven't lived until you pony up the cash for a 15K service on a lambo or ferrari. The Ford GT can be a real issue getting parts--especially gauges that have a way of burning out at 3K/gauge. Can you imagine the up-roar on this site with 3K for a Viper tach? Trust me, the Viper is by far the better option in the long run---Dave

THIS exactly! I couldn't have said it better.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread. Here's my take.

There are some people out there who are well off and money is not an issue. The only time I have had to sell my cars was when I needed to pay off college loans and when I purchased my house. I would never have sold them if I didn't need to.

That being said, I see three types of sport car owners. The ones who want to own and be seen in the latest and greatest thing to hit the market (usally money is not an issue for them). The ones who are loyal to a particular car/maker. The ones who can only afford the best bang for the buck.

My first car was a Toyota and I was loyal to the brand for almost 20 years (Camry, MR2, Celica, Supra's).

I left Toyota and bought my first none Toyota car which is my Jeep Wrangler. I was then in the market for a sports car and finally decided on a Viper.

So to answer your question, I'll be holding on the the Viper for as long as I can. I see it as a special kind of car, a car type of car you don't see anymore and I don't think you will ever see again.

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I 've had my 96 GTS for 8 years and have no plans on selling it although every now and then 600hp is tempting.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is my "divorce trophy" and you don't sell trophies. I'm at 78k and she's great!! I'm currently getting a new clutch/flywheel combo and can hardly wait to get her back. Plans this year include ACR-X headers, new tires...hoping Michelin releases Pilot Sport Super Sports in 335 30R18 and I should be ready for VOI12.

I'm more of a buy/payoff/hold guy, so I plan on adding Vipers. I've met a few women who when in relationship with me, didn't like my plan....they are dating someone else now.

Regards,
Aaron

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 2 friends come to look at the car already and one other friend has interest too. bought the leakdown tester last week to check and make sure all is kosher. then i want to re powdercoat the valve covers, take out some old nitrous wiring i have been wanting to take out for 3 years and then it goes up for sale. Was tempted to buy an 06 G and send it to DLM for some turbos but im not sure. Might just sit on the cash for a little while too, its not a bad idea with this economy we have.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sold my 99 ACR & was without a Viper for about 4 yrs. Always have had A Toy / Car & was miserable, going to car shows & cruise nites w/o a vehicle. Purchased the 06 Twin Turbo about two years ago & Plan on giving it to my son when I kick off. The Viper is By far, hands down the Best / Most affordable vehicle for the Money / Horsepower car in the World. :drive:

Moodie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what, you find some members to cruise a grip of Vipers through downtown Boise this spring or summer, and I’ll pay my dues. Hell, we’ll hit the downtown Boise bars afterwards…it’s practically a college campus and the downtown bars are profuse with hot women. So long as we don’t have to discuss the BSU football team, we’ll get along famously. I hate BSU…[/QUOTE]

Scott I live in Boise so thats one for the cruise.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Victor has a terrific car, and FAST! Although, it does leak just a little in the wet.....give it character!

It doesn't leak "a little' in the wet. It leaks a LOT in the monsoons we seem to find.... and I have 4 extra towels in my garage from last year's events looking for their owners to claim them......

Moodie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THe day I buy something it is for sale... but nothing I have is ever on sale.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten