White Supra in Bethlehem, PA area

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a scary story and see if any of my fellow Viper brothers have encountered this guy in the Bethlehem PA area. Last year, I was minding my own business on Rt 22 when all of a sudden, I noticed a white supra merging. I laughed as I read his license plate which was something like V8 KILLR. I had encountered some modded supras in the past so I was somewhat confident. I trailed him and I thought he was accelerating and kept right on his tale. We got off at Rt 33 and the highway was wide open. I got over in the passing lane and started accelerating when all of a sudden, I was completely and totally left in a cloud of smoke as if I was standing still... :grumble:

These turbo systems today are just downright ridiculous fast. Anybody else encounter this guy???

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like its time for a TT upgrade....1600rwhp will let you keep up for a few years.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if it was someone here who also has a 96 B/W GTS and NSX... I don't think he has that plate though...

You must be registered for see images attach

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra's don't take a ton of money to make them scream. A friend of mine had one a few years back and I'll tell you what,......not to many cars could hang with him!

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never come across the white supra. The only car that ever gave me a good run for my money in the Bethlehem/Easton area is believe it or not a guy I know who has a snake skin green Honda integra. He had the car done with the identical Ssg paint code bc he's in love with the color. He's pushing over 600 hp at the front tires. And he runs the area with drag tires on the front. The little car is just pure nasty. That's the only Honda I have ever give respect to in my life. I hate Honda.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned three Supra's in my life before owning my current Viper. Two of them made 1,100+rwhp on Q16. Key word here is Q16. On 93oct I could only produce around 650rwhp. They are awesome machines. The engine from the factory is basically a detuned race engine.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TURBO VIPERS are the way to go.......I figured that out several years ago.......All VIPER owners that have not ever driven a TT VIPER have no clue what they are missing.............VIPERS are AWESOME already...........owning a TT VIPER is the ultimate driving experience........Its like ridding around with double to triple a stock viper power yet normal driving is the same as any other........Like hitting the button on 500 or more h.p. shot of NITROUS.......hang the heck on.....color u gone.........Wayyyyyyy to much fun..... and yes there are some very bad sleeper hotrods out there like that Supra....these young kids got it figured out with those ricers..........gotta respect those boys........and they need to RESPECT out VIPERS........

Just wanted to share a scary story and see if any of my fellow Viper brothers have encountered this guy in the Bethlehem PA area. Last year, I was minding my own business on Rt 22 when all of a sudden, I noticed a white supra merging. I laughed as I read his license plate which was something like V8 KILLR. I had encountered some modded supras in the past so I was somewhat confident. I trailed him and I thought he was accelerating and kept right on his tale. We got off at Rt 33 and the highway was wide open. I got over in the passing lane and started accelerating when all of a sudden, I was completely and totally left in a cloud of smoke as if I was standing still... :grumble:

These turbo systems today are just downright ridiculous fast. Anybody else encounter this guy???

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own an 09 ACR and a 1998 Supra with 930 rwhp. (could easily be 1100whp, but I dont want to blow it up)

Supras are fast and can be had for semi cheap $. Problem is too many kids bought them chopped them up glued them back together with ebay parts when they broke and now 90% of supras are ****.

Mine is a 98 with 19,000 miles on it and I can tell you the build alone was ~$40,000. Big difference between building something right and making it temp fast.
95% of supras you run into will have 800rwhp or less. Those you can make all day long for $5000-$10,000. Its the 5% of 850-1600 hp cars that people talk about and think of whenever you see a supra. I've never owned a car that so many people all just assume / expect it to have 1000 hp.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robi has it right. Most of the modified Supras on the road make somewhere between 450-850whp. A lot of them are only bpu+. They will be making somewhere in the 650whp on 93oct. The ones making 800whp are on e85 or q/c16.

I have yet to ride or drive a TT Viper so I can only imagine, but what made me become an owner of a Viper aside from admiring the design since the 90s, was the ability to produce such a high level of power on 93oct. Lets not forget the tq these things produce.

The plan was to one day TT mine. I am in the fence about doing so now. I see too many TT Vipers going up for sale and I wonder why??? Some even shortly after being completed. This has me a little worried in dumping $25k in to a TT build only to realize it wasn't what I expected.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7th sign. I'm with you on that. You see not just TT vipers going up for sale but even the TT take off kits themselfs.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7th sign. I'm with you on that. You see not just TT vipers going up for sale but even the TT take off kits themselfs.

Yeah brother I wish I could just throw around thousands of dollars on hobbies like it was nothing. That would be the life.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that turbo stuff is big power and way fast and whatever, but for how long? What about reliability? I think the Viper motor will tolerate boost and various mods more than those ricer motors. What good is a 1500 horsepower honda 4 cylinder if it only gets the 1500hp once. - then has a hole in the side of the block. I'm all about you Viper TT guys, that's full blast killer. but all that other 'tuner car' stuff,....bla bla bla whatever dude. -call the tow truck when it shells.

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never come across the white supra. The only car that ever gave me a good run for my money in the Bethlehem/Easton area is believe it or not a guy I know who has a snake skin green Honda integra. He had the car done with the identical Ssg paint code bc he's in love with the color. He's pushing over 600 hp at the front tires. And he runs the area with drag tires on the front. The little car is just pure nasty. That's the only Honda I have ever give respect to in my life. I hate Honda.

Sounds like one of Bernnie Kelly jr. cars. His civic was making 800 WHP last time i spoke with him. Looking to get into the 8's with it.

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea you cant get too cocky nowadays with some of those cars. Supras, evos, turbo s2000's and even some rx7s and 240s. Never k ow what they've swapped into them. I know a few poeple who have swapped supra motors (2jz) into 240sx's. Supra power in a car under 2800lbs. Stupid fast.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put a fully built lsx motor and TT that! 1,000 reliable HP. V8 sound and TQ in a supra=SEX

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that turbo stuff is big power and way fast and whatever, but for how long? What about reliability? I think the Viper motor will tolerate boost and various mods more than those ricer motors. What good is a 1500 horsepower honda 4 cylinder if it only gets the 1500hp once. - then has a hole in the side of the block. I'm all about you Viper TT guys, that's full blast killer. but all that other 'tuner car' stuff,....bla bla bla whatever dude. -call the tow truck when it shells.

I think we all get that you don't like the "ricer" cars but ANY boosted motor, not just these ricer motors you refer to, can blow at any time. What makes you think that a Viper motor can handle boost better than a Supra motor? Because it's bigger? Or it's a Viper V-10 and therefore indestructible? Not trying to start anything here but I have seen a lot of these so called ricer motors put out tons of HP and TQ with no problems after years of use. Likewise, seen the same with a V-10 but just because they are smaller displacement motors doesn't equate to having lots of problems and only good for one use like you said.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember back in 04 when I had a supra there was a guy with 180k miles on his stock supra motor and he was pushing over 900rwhp so I think they can have a lot of power for a long time reliably. That is why they hold their value so well.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling a Japanese car a "ricer" illustrates ones lack of knowledge and ignorants imo. That is, if you are actually meaning it. If you are just throwing the word around because its funny that's one thing, but to actually believe it is another. The 2JZGTE is an iron block inline 6 turbochagred motor that was designed in the early 90s and has stood the test of time. Its not the only motor that Toyota has produced with outstanding results. Also an iron block turbo, the 3SGTE has also. Lets not forget the Nissan RB motors as well.

I am one who appreciates a well designed/built automobile no matter the country of birth. I'm proud to own a USA built Viper, but I do respect the competition both domestic and foreign.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many new cars out there now that are as fast as a stock GTS, especially here in the UK.

Trouble over here is the amount of unmarked Police cars, they use everything! Not a good idea to Plant your foot to the floor, that guy next to you may turn on the Blue and red lights!

See this pic, guy in a Range rover, Got pulled for incorrect Number plate spacing, Yes that BMW estate is an unmarked Police car!

Now where do I get myself a twin Turbo Viper :D

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help but notice that silencer ring is MIA. ;)

LMAO!!! I think that's him! He must have painted his car white! That is just ******** fast. It was like I was standing still and in slow-motion as he watched him disappear into the sunset. I quickly got off at the very next exit to dress my wounds... EHrrr. Still hurts. Cursed turbos. Someone with a turbo viper must avenge me. Avenge me! Avenge me I say! AVENGE ME!!!:aargh:

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CRud. I quoted the wrong post. ^ Aww.. Destroyed by a supra and now this... What else can happen??:sadpace:

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best supra fail ever........
http://youtu.be/2yT6tPsMfjI

Wow! Not to post 4 times in a row but I just watched this video. This makes me feel SO much better because I actually used to drive a K car, same color. You had to pump the pedal down to the floor a good 10 times or so to get the juices flowing before it would even start. I have now completely forgotten about the a*s whoopin' I took from that SUpra. Thanks CSXT802! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte