who has lowered

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These wheels are screaming for the car to be lower.
You must be registered for see images

Eibach? How low? 1 inch?

Do all I need is springs?

How do I install? Just compress the current ones, pull them out, compress the new ones and put them in? Adam told me there is a tool to do this?

Do I need to align it after? Should I use current shocks?

Thanks for any and all answers.

Keith

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibach? <font color="red"> Yes </font> How low? 1 inch? <font color="red"> 1 inch in back and 3/4 inch in front </font>

Do all I need is springs? <font color="red"> yes </font>

How do I install? Just compress the current ones, pull them out, compress the new ones and put them in? Adam told me there is a tool to do this? <font color="red"> coil over/strut spring compressor. Most garages have one. </font>

Do I need to align it after? <font color="red"> Absolutely </font> Should I use current shocks? <font color="red"> I did but reset the rebound setting. </font>

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about lowering, however, whats with that fence? King Kong live around there? :D

Nice DD. Its actually about 90 feet high. The backside is steel reinforced concrete. On the otherside is Ricart Engineering. It's a blastpad where they test rolls royce jet engines. Its kind of annoying but real estate is really cheap. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor so its a cool view. Especially at night.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I don't know about lowering, however, whats with that fence? King Kong live around there? :D

Nice DD. Its actually about 90 feet high. The backside is steel reinforced concrete. On the otherside is Ricart Engineering. It's a blastpad where they test rolls royce jet engines. Its kind of annoying but real estate is really cheap. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor so its a cool view. Especially at night.

COOL! Like the wheels...saw some Rolex Grand Am prototypes running wheels designed like that. Good luck with the lowering and new pics when completed!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go! I liked this angle better. :D I can change the height if you want?

304blue_lowered1.jpg

Heres another!

304lowered_blue_side.jpg

I did both of these pretty fast, just to give you an idea. So, if you think they look like crap, you know why. :D

Austin

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice it's alot closer to that curb now.

AC

Thats because when you lower the car in PS, it lowers half of the picture that you have selected. There are a few ways of doing this but, so far I only know of one. :p It actually doesnt make that much of a move, it just seems closer because I had to resize the pic. Also as mentioned above, I didnt take a whole lot of time cleaning the pics up. Just wanted to give everyone an idea of what it would look like. :cool:

Austin

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be prepared to introduce Mr. Curb to Mr. Front End a lot more often. Also you must align, and as Ron said adjust the springs before the alignment... I'm still kicking myself for not doing that.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH....I didn't pay attention. I thought this was a b/a pic. But still, lowering.....I've had friends that regret doing it. Much tougher around-the-town driving.

AC

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin did you do this installation yourself. if so then you are now an expert and I would like to have details on how exactly you did it. What did you use and did you need the spring compressor. Where did you disconnect it from the top or from the lower control arms. Please give us the complete details and tell me anything that i should know when doing this and what to avoid. It looks fantastic. How does it ride now. I suspect it is much harsher over bumps

Here you go! I liked this angle better. :D I can change the height if you want?

304blue_lowered1.jpg

Heres another!

304lowered_blue_side.jpg

I did both of these pretty fast, just to give you an idea. So, if you think they look like crap, you know why. :D

Austin

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here I am my people. BLING! BLING SPRINGS ARE NOT A THANG!

THIS IS THE HYDRAULIC SPRING COMPRESSOR I USE. IT'S AWESOME!

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I like Austins rendition of what my car will look like. I ordered the springs from summit.

Ron said adjust the springs before the alignment... I'm still kicking myself for not doing that.

What spring adjustment are we talking about?

Is this install very hard. Im Ok with tools.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam. I your car is SLAMMED. Do you scrape? I dont mind scraping the font end I just dread scrapeing the bottom of the car.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot to end my post with BLING! BLING! Speed bumps ain't a thang!

Am I the first Asian Bling man out dere? Where my homies at?

Heh, actually when the viper is lowered, it looks a lot more porpotion in my opinion. Well worth it!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I like Austins rendition of what my car will look like. I ordered the springs from summit.

Ron said adjust the springs before the alignment... I'm still kicking myself for not doing that.

What spring adjustment are we talking about?

Is this install very hard. Im Ok with tools.

There is no spring adjustment. The only adjustments I referred to is the shock (rebound) and alignment. Could be he mistook "I did but reset the rebound setting" as a spring adjustment. I increased rebound damping to the midpoint. The stock setting was very little damping. There are recommendations in the archives on seting the rebound damping on the Konis.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is wild. I just got off the phone with a world renouned viper tuner (to see if he could throw them on quickly) and he indicated that replacing the stock springs with new eibach lowering springs will not work and that I need some special spring perch that no one makes anymore.

What gives?

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I dont know what the deal is. I talked to his son and he is like YEAH! Ill let you talk to my father and get a time scheduled. I was like "cool. it'll save me some time." When I talked the *** Sr. he told me what I wanted to do is not possible. Oh well. I guess Ill find out the hard way.

Adam - I ordered that tool from ebay and springs are on the way. (Scott - I would have bought yours but I already ordered them by the time I saw your post. Thanks though.) So wish me luck. That tool does look pretty usefull. Its all about having the right tools. I went from using 1 crappy factory jack and a stack of bricks to using 2 jackstands. Sure does make it easier.

Anything else I need to look out for.

1. put front end on jack stands. Unbolt shock and all that jazz.

2. use adams world famous super life saving too-o-rama hydrospring clamper device to compress the spring.

3. pull out the factory springs.

4. put the factory shock into the spring.

5. compress, bolt back into place and thats it?

Thanks for being helpful .

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Put the whole car on stands

2. Pull the wheels/tires

3. Remove the upper and lower bolt that holds the shock/spring on

4. Press the stock spring just enough to remove the spring cap

5. Drop the shock out and adjust the dampening (fronts to full dampening, rears to 1 3/4 turns)

6. Slip your new spring on, and compress it enough to get the spring cap back in...watch the bottom of the spring, it only fits on way, this will be obvious...

7. Reinstall the shock/spring and with the suspension loaded up (just use the floor jack under the brake disc) tighten the top bolt torqued to 100 lb ft and bottom torqued to 125 lb ft...

8. Repeat three more times

9. And now you need an alignment...whole other subject...

I'm low...with the stocker spring caps and Eibachs...What they probably meant was that you can go even lower with aftermarket spring caps, or by turning your stockers down on a lathe...