Why do you like stripes vs no stripes on your Viper?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - are we about to start a flame war over stripes or what? It's a simple matter of personal taste that has absolutely nothing to do with ones age. Cheesy with stripes? I think not!

I've refrained from adding a comment that would indeed precipitate internet armagedon but I am cocked and locked. Just one more comment about age and I'm bringing in KID97GTS to administer the coup de gras. KID, are you out there?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seasnake,
my wife says the same thing "no stripes"
but like you said what do they know anyway!!!
i may do it in the spring!!!
have to keep checking shops!!
yours are nice!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, Mark O just proved I'm not alone in my possible insanity.
I thought that I might be the only one who would stripe their mailbox to match their car.

You must be registered for see images

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No stripes on mine and I am glad I went that way. I get alot of compliments that mine looks more classy without the stripes than with the stripes. That the stripes make the car look more like a race car toy, vs. an any car toy. I think the stripes are better on the GTS. I think most RT/10's look better without the stripes.

AC

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken (probably am...), the original purpose
of "rallye stripes" was to allow the driver to line up
markers in a road race. Looking out the windshield across
the hood, sighting the corner markers and be able to mark
where to brake, down shift, up shift, what ever.
If that's the original purpose, I see nothing more fitting
than stripes.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm in.
Silver GTS with Blue strips is good. (Like Mine)
Steel Gray RT10 without strips is good.
Red GTS with White strips is good. (my favorite GTS)
black RT10 with out stips is good.
Steel Gray GTS with silver strips is good.
White RT10 with blue strips is good. (my favorite RT10)

I think a silver GTS without strips looks to wide! (my $.02)
also, a car must have 400+hp to wear srips.
I like all vipers,
In the free land, you can have it your way!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try Tony but you're not going to lure me into another urinating contest with any testosterone deprived girly-men. Oops ..... I hope they didn't catch that!

SpeedRacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I see a GTS without stripes I think...
Something looks wrong on that Viper. The GTS was born with stripes, and I think it is a crime to make any without them.
On the other hand, the RT looks more smooth and clean without them, especially the early ones.

Lawboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing like reviving old posts.....

i am 30 and love stripes! I would not purchase a GTS without stripes! More specifically, Red with White Stripes as in the Final Edition GTS!!!

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the stripes make the car like the 97 Blue/white striped GTS.. Maybe because I own 1....I think it is up to the individual....Yellow and Black look better without stripes but just my opinion!!!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you look at a Viper up close with stripes it looks pretty good.When you step back it looks bad.Makes the car look too narrow.Reminds me of the way *** cars used to look.They had badges and doo-dads all over the body which looked ok in Japan where cars are viewed up close, and ridiculous in the US where you stand back and view a car.I guess I would have less of a problem if it were true retro.That is a single stripe running through the drivers position front to rear as a visual aid for the driver to help determine the amount of drift being used in relation to the direction of travel.I also think it cheapens the look of the car.When is the last time you saw stripes on a Rolls,Lambo,Ferrari or one of those vw's on steroids(Porsche)? Bruce

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the Rand corporation in conjuction with NASA back in the sixties I think, did an extensive study on the effects of stripes on cars and they concluded that stripes added slightly to the speed of a moving vehicle...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when the GTS came out and I thought to myself "I love the blue, but it would be better without the bold white stripes".

But now that I actually own a Viper, and I'm going to repaint it, it's going to have stripes.

I agree that stripe-less looks more refined, but essentially the Viper is a street-legal race car, so on some colors I like the stripes better. It works well both ways.

-Dean.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
It's a Viper so either way is great. I love my big red tomato! As far as your decision, I must say that I like the silver w/ blue stripes on the GTS...very striking!
BTW, I'm 48.5.
devil.gif

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I'll admit it, 55 years old, my first new car with stripes,
1969 Triumph gt6+. Took that car straight to a shop and had
white stripes added. Some cars beg for the stripes, mean looking
and agressive, some dont (our Audi TT). Viper's just seem to
have the right body style for stripes to look totally natural.
But an age thing, I don't think so.

schorvitz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 30 and my first Viper was the solid red. I was envious of the guys with the blue with white stripe version. I finally dumped the red one and got the blue one. I'm much happier with the blue with white stripe. Very "Shelby."

I think Dodge went overboard with all the color combos though. Still, stripes give the car character.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My current Viper is solid black. I wouldn't have black any other way. Now I have an itch for a blue and white. Can you imagine that car without the stripes??
confused.gif
I can't. I'm 30 and I don't know why I just told you my age.

S

SUN RA KAT

I used my $3,000 to get the stripes on my Yellow GTS as part of some "neccessary" mods under the hood.

My stripes are black and I leave them on the road behind me.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes all the way...GTS... Sh*t Can the stripes... RT/10. My Blue/White GTS looks like a race car when its coming at you...Totally BADASS... I feel cooler in a striped car even though im a geek....AL...00prowler...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most everyone who sees my car likes the stripes.

The R/T10 looks like the GTS from the front, so stripes work the same (or not) depending on the colors.

But I don't think that they make the car look too narrow at all, even from the rear.

61Viperfullrearday800-med.jpg

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real Viper snake has either a relaxed mode... just slithering
around looking for food and stuff....

But a ********** Viper will tighten up... raise his head for
the strike if need be...

The Stripes on the Viper Car is the real Viper all coiled up
and ready to strike....

simple as that

so it just depends on what you want your viper to be doing while
your out driving around....

My snake is coiled and ready to strike...... :)

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes! I have seen vipers without stripes and the hood looks large enough to land airplanes on. It needs them to break up the monotony of such a large surface area.

The only time stripes have made me laugh is when they put them on the Dodge truck (and the neon) to try to make them appear to be brothers, or is that sisters? - to the viper. Stripes on a truck?!! That still is pretty funny to me.

Foster1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">Stripes are great, but there are some colors that just don't look good w/ 'em. to stripe or not to stripe should be based on your car color.</FONT c>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper