Why do you like stripes vs no stripes on your Viper?

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after looking for a Viper for quite some time now, I was hooked on the Red/Silver GTS....UNTILL I saw the FINAL EDITION 2002....Red/White Stripes!!!!!!! Yes the deal is going ...Awesome Viper! Go Stripes or don't go at all!!! Soon to be Viper owner. I already had my first sleepless night!

Best, Dave
supergrin.gif

VIPER BIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't too sure which I liked better... That was until I found my 1995 yellow Viper with black stripes (purchased 2 weeks ago today). The stripes definitely set the yellow off!! I think it is a personal preference, but before I purchased this one, everyone (a wide variety of ages) that I showed pictures to loved the stripes. Either way, it is still a VIPER...does it really matter!?

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes for me on the GTS! You can see the Blue/white coming a mile away on the freeway and know what it is. Haven't seen a red with white other than my own and I'm always behind the wheel.

RT/10's look best to me without stripes, but that's because the original was that way and it stuck in my head.

VIPORXXX:
I hope you are not having your car serviced at the dealership which let you take 4 test drives in someone else's Viper. If that happened to me I would be their worst nightmare and everyone in the world would know what they did.

Bob K

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jkracer9 and Kelly T have 2 of the best looking GTS's I have ever seen. Red with white GTS also looks very good, and the blue with white is also amazing. Black with silver is better than straight black, but silver with blue... doesn't do it for me.

RT10s look just as good with or without stripes, but my favorites both have stripes: red with white or steel with silver.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Miles B on 10-09-2002 at 03:30 AM</font>

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like them....at least not on my car. I like to look at stripes on other cars, so I can walk away and get into mine. I just think stripes look great.....for a while. I can't look at them all the time.

AC

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like any Viper, with or without stripes, although I bought mine without and LOVE it!! I like the stealthy-ness (in a Viper??).

However, I have considered some ghost stripes or another combo that I'm keeping secret so as to be original if I go for it. If I stripe I will probably go with vinyl at first to make sure I like the effect.
smile.gif

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes all the way. When I first got my car I loved to drive it. Then I had the stripes put on it, and it was better than I had imagined! Felt like I was in a race car! Couldn't quit smiling. Everyone that saw it afterwards, including those that advised against the stripes, LOVED them. Couldn't have it any other way.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back from the grave!

I still cant decide between yellow with black stripes and red with black stripes.

At any rate I think the stripes should go through the liscense plate area, and if you have a roll bar inside, be sure to do that too!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only looked at the steel grey with no strips when I was looking to buy my Viper. It shows off the curves better.
The strips seem to take away from the curves of the Gurney blisters and hood. I like the classy sports car look rather than flashy race car.

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
Six piston Baer claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&amp;N air filters, Optima battery,

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Anybody have a photo of their Gen 2 with the wide to narrow stripe look? Photos?

2) What does it cost to have temporary stripes made up that you can add to the car and remove later if it is something you just don't want?

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a red '94. which color do most of you think would look best?? white? silver? or no stripes?

I'm gonna do vinyl to see how they look first...

what do ya think?

I may get rid of the idea all together...not sure yet

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re:

Growing up, I always thought stripes were ridiculous, only for posers.

But the Viper deserves them, and can wear them with pride.

'Sides, you only live once!

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

El Diablo
Wuz up! Good to see another former yellow C5 owner! I completely second what you said - I asked few of my girlfriends and they did not like stripes, especially on a yellow Viper. They may like it if they are cheerleaders for Georgia Tech or Mizzou (black/gold).

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

To each their own... for my Deep Sapphire Blue, the ghost stripes give me the best of both worlds.... has stripes, but only if you are looking for them!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver, tim721

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Baer claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&amp;N air filters, Optima battery,

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

To each their own... for my Deep Sapphire Blue, the ghost stripes give me the best of both worlds.... has stripes, but only if you are looking for them!

i need to see some more photos, i click on your avitar and get 404'd

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ab,

Both is BEST!

I will admit your silver SUPER lowered GTS is one of the coolest GTS' I've seen in quite some time!!!! Keep it without stripes!

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a professional artist (I'm an art director for a video game company) I must comment!

The viper has very nice lines and are definately enhanced by the stripes. The rear of the viper, expecially on an RT needs the stripes to break up the somewhat wide area. Certain colors look better than others. In my opinion (no flame), the yellow GTS's don't look too good from the rear.

Bottom line, the stripes make an already awesome design even better. I probably will never buy a stripeless viper. The only non-striped viper colors I would consider are silver and red. Both those colors wear the viper lines very well without stripes.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided not to go with the stripes.

Save that if I ever own a GTS

The Silver/Blue &amp; Blue/White look the best IMO