wiring harness viper 1997 gts door

blockhouse1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, have had a series of shorts in wiring harness for drivers door of 1997 viper. dealer wants over $600 to fix. any other less expensive solutions or parts?
thank you

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, have had a series of shorts in wiring harness for drivers door of 1997 viper. dealer wants over $600 to fix. any other less expensive solutions or parts?
thank you

What exactly was the quote for, and what are the symptoms? Is the short definitely IN the door, and the cost is to get to the short inside the door and then fix it, or find it somewhere else and fix? The whole wiring harness is going to be a very big job, and if they're willing to do it for $600 that's a great deal. If the cost is just to remove the interior door panel, find the short, and fix it, you could probably fix it without having to buy the harness. Just find the shorts and splice in insulated connectors.

My guess is that your best bet is to have someone do it - even for $600, if you're not sure how to go about fixing it, you're better off having a pro take care of it...

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door harness is no big deal. Fairly easy to remove. Just cut out the old wire and splice in new wire. Solder if you can or use crimp connectors.

Or you can call Jon B at the Partsrack and see if he has any used ones...

V

Venomiss

A PM sent your way for more ideas in your search to save a few$$.
Good luck with it.

B SNAKE 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my own harness for both doors. I got tried of fixing them.:2tu:

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 10