Wrecked Viper (much thanks to Jon B)

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before going on any further, I'd like to thank Jon B and my good friend Kelly Cobean for all of their help and advice with helping me deal with this situation as best as possible. They both spent a great deal of their time giving me tons of advice on what to say and what to do in order to come out a winner, and needless to say, I am extremely happy with what I got :D

Now on to the story,

This is what happens when you let cheerleaders (or high schoolers for that matter) behind the wheel of an automobile.
This is a car I drove once or twice a month (literally), and on one decent Sunday afternoon, I decide to take her out for a spin. So far I've been on the road for 2 minutes, and I'm traveling about 38mph in a 40mph zone, with not a single car behind or anywhere around me. As I approach the intersection, I see a white SUV that's attempting to a take a left hand turn and I've got a green light so I'm not expecting anything to happen (who would?).
Right when I'm in the middle of the intersection, she goes Vin Diesel on me and the next thing I know, a white suv magically appears right in front of me. Even if I had cat-like reflexes, this could not have been avoided. So I slam into her going about 40mph. 2 witnesses stopped by to help me out for the police report, and even without them it was clear who was at fault.
Police shows up, question all sides, which all pretty much had the same story. The other side (which never once approached us to see if I was all right or w/e) is given a citation.

Insurance calls a week later and even though the damages were light, to nobody's surprise, the car's totalled. The hood alone is worth $15,000.00 unpainted lmao.

Well I've always firmly believed that all things happen for a reason, and this is no exemption. I had a ton of fun with this thing during my 2 years of ownership,

And I will be back with either an Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, or a 2008-09 Lime Green SRT-10 at the end of 2010.
Thanks for listening!

All the Best,
Rauf.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still worth it for me to pay dues to keep the club and the site going to help other viper owners.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rauf,
I'm glad this all worked out in your favor. You know I hope you stay in the Viper family, but I know where your heart is and I think you should go for it. I'll be the first one to scream "Hey that was nice of your daddy to let you borrow his car!!!!" just so you can get used to it, even though we know the truth.

Keep up the hard work and don't let the haters get you down.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad things worked out for you, and good luck going forward. By the way... that wouldn't happen to be Biff's car and garage in those pics, would it? If so, send him my regards.

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly,

The carcus was worth $13,000.00, pity the car was barely damaged.
It definitely *****, I'm so used to having a nice car, now I'm going to be stuck with my pos daily altima until at least next December :-(

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm nearby! If you need a fix let me know, and I will come take you for a "spirited drive".

:drive:

You have a black car...if he wants 'spirited', he's going to need something brighter...and faster. ;)

Jack, I got together with Tom for lunch the other day...think you could join us one of these days? Been awhile since we've seen you!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, I got together with Tom for lunch the other day...think you could join us one of these days? Been awhile since we've seen you!

Absolutely dude! Anytime. You should still have my cell #. Gimme a buzz.

(Just joined a private gun club too, so if you want to go pop some caps.....)

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm nearby! If you need a fix let me know, and I will come take you for a "spirited drive".

:drive:

You have no idea how tempted I am to just buy out a bumblebee gts or an 06 srt-10, but these gallardos have dropped tremendously this last year and and a half or so. But you never know, I might just pull the trigger soon enough, these lime green 08 srts are just amazing, best color ever for an exotic IMO.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have no idea how tempted I am to just buy out a bumblebee gts or an 06 srt-10, but these gallardos have dropped tremendously this last year and and a half or so. But you never know, I might just pull the trigger soon enough, these lime green 08 srts are just amazing, best color ever for an exotic IMO.

You've obviously never seen an '08 or '09 Viper in person...the color couldn't be farther from "Lime". It's Snakeskin Green, and it's absolutely amazing...far better than the Lambo lime green.

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've obviously never seen an '08 or '09 Viper in person...the color couldn't be farther from "Lime". It's Snakeskin Green, and it's absolutely amazing...far better than the Lambo lime green.

I saw an '08 silver/black stripes srt-10 coupe in the Chantilly Dodge Dealership once when I was in for an oil change.

Fantastic car, HOWEVER, Jesus Christ even for a short 5'8" guy like me, roof felt felt so claustrophobic :omg:

But yes, that lime green coupe with Black Stripes is just pure sex, GOD ...

but it's still hard to believe that I quoted $250 less for 6 months for a Lamborghini than I was for the Viper hahaha ..

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an '08 silver/black stripes srt-10 coupe in the Chantilly Dodge Dealership once when I was in for an oil change.

Fantastic car, HOWEVER, Jesus Christ even for a short 5'8" guy like me, roof felt felt so claustrophobic :omg:

But yes, that lime green coupe with Black Stripes is just pure sex, GOD ...

but it's still hard to believe that I quoted $250 less for 6 months for a Lamborghini than I was for the Viper hahaha ..

Ok, one more time..NOT LIME GREEN!!!!

This is lime green:

This is Snake Skin Green:

You must be registered for see images

The Viper color is so much more attractive!

OP
OP
V

VipeRauf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, one more time..NOT LIME GREEN!!!!

This is lime green:

This is Snake Skin Green:

You must be registered for see images

The Viper color is so much more attractive!

hmm to me they look the same, but I can see people saying the srt's green is a bit deeper but definitely a stand-out color.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** about the rt, glad that you are okay though.

+1 for a Gallardo. A friend of mine was in the air between a GTS & Gallardo and pulled the trigger on a G. It blows away my ACR whenever we meet up, the G is so much better of an overall car AND with the prices they can be had at now.
I love my ACR, but frequently think about selling it & my H1 for a G.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joebrett