Reaction score
holy sheep **** this thread got all poopy pants in a hurry

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As to the question of trust on the internet.....

There IS NONE....

I trust NO ONE....and I expect no one to trust me....A deal gets done when BOTH SIDES work together to make a deal happen by doing what they say they will do.

If you guy's think buying a VIPER via the internet involves big trust issues????

I should take you to a few real estate closings with me!!! Try explaining to the homeowner that they have to sigh all the sales documents transferring their home to me...THEN they WAIT till tomorrow to get their check after the attorney records the sale. I've had women literally burst into tears when they hear that they won't get check until the sale is recorded. (State law, not my rules) How do you get over the TRUST issue there???

You do it by being honest, and having someone outside the transaction confirm what you are telling them. Just like the bank VP confirming a cashiers check is real.

Same circus, different clowns!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring another 13,500.00 to the table & you can take my 1 owner car, all records included. It's Blue with White Stripes with 8K miles...Maybe not the viper for you...maybe it is...

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a 1997 blue/white for $30,000 just a few months ago. had 40k miles and needed new tires, other than that it was flawless. Had to replace a gasket that was leaking some oil and that was it....

The deals are out there.

I know of a kid that paid 22k for a 97 red gts with around 40 k miles, (clean title no accidents) (seems like its had no issues) maybe ownser was desperate to sell?

Keep searching I dont think 35 k is a crazy number at all. But what the heck do i know? I paid 55k for a 2000 (bastard year) lol To my credit it was 7 years ago and only had 4k miles.

Martin

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As to the question of trust on the internet.....

There IS NONE....

I trust NO ONE....and I expect no one to trust me....A deal gets done when BOTH SIDES work together to make a deal happen by doing what they say they will do.

If you guy's think buying a VIPER via the internet involves big trust issues????

I should take you to a few real estate closings with me!!! Try explaining to the homeowner that they have to sigh all the sales documents transferring their home to me...THEN they WAIT till tomorrow to get their check after the attorney records the sale. I've had women literally burst into tears when they hear that they won't get check until the sale is recorded. (State law, not my rules) How do you get over the TRUST issue there???

You do it by being honest, and having someone outside the transaction confirm what you are telling them. Just like the bank VP confirming a cashiers check is real.

Same circus, different clowns!

Typically you will hand over the check to their attorney to hold in escrow until the deed is recorded. I have never had a transaction where no check was handed over. Not sure of anyone that would do it like that. You must deal with some trusting people.

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your assuming the sellers hire an attorney to represent THEM at the closing.....Most of the sellers I deal with don't....My attorney prepares the deed for them....I wire the funds to his clients account a few days before the closing so the money is there before they even sign a page.

I can understand why you've never had a transaction like this. The fact is, almost ALL real estate transactions involve FINANCING. WITHOUT a bank involved the deal is much faster. The seller needs no legal representation at a closing, unless they want it. We've agreed to a price in writing, I've also agreed to pay the closing costs. If they see something different on the HUD than we agreed to, they don't have to sign it...Without their signatures....There is no sale...They show up with a picture ID and they pickup their check as soon as my attorney calls his office to say we're on record. NO BANKS, NO REALTORS, NO BULLSH*T...I've done DOZENS of these deals and pay CASH for all my properties. NO financing involved.

The properties I buy are all in need of repair and frankly....The SELLERS are happy to have found a CASH BUYER for them!! Because BANKS won't go near them!!

AHHH YES.....There's that term again....

CASH BUYER!!!!

Oh that's right, I forgot....."It's NO BIG DEAL in the VIPER WORLD."

WOW....... REALLY?????

I guess the PM's I'm getting must be from sellers who don't know this!

OK.....Let's all say this together now.....

DOUBLE DIP RECESSION!!!!

I'm sorry guy's.....Just some good natured b*ll busting. No disrespect intended.

Last edited:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its been over a week since you threw this out there. So what did you buy for $35k?

Pics?

OP
OP
F

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 3 cars in play with more coming in.....I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala