Zaino PIC

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everybody has there own preference, after becomeing a viper owner, I wondered what kind of wax to use, everybody praised Zaino, and so I bought it, I will continue to use it untill it is all gone, but wouldnt spend the money to buy more. I use Maguires and it seams to shine just as good and Zaino. just my .02

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you bought your black car new, NEVER let anything touch it except micro fiber towels. And don't let the dealer TOUCH or wash the car. Once he does and uses a bullcrap dirty sponge, it's OVER.hahah..

Amen brother! Look at what this dealer did after they thought it would be nice to "detail" it for me. :(

416IMG_2079.JPG

It used to look like this.

416IMG_0759-med.JPG

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Micro fiber to dry or wash? what about the chamee's are they good fro drying? ***** about your car newport

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHhHHHH i dont think i will ever use any other wax. Anyone can tell me different but i wont. There is many reasons why. One reason for example when your waxing your car you have tobe carefull that you dont get wax on any of the trim, or else it will turn white and never come out. Or you would have to spens another day cleaning it. This wax here, you never have that problem. You can go over anyting it never turns white. Hence no silicones or fillers. Also not making any dust stick to your car. I guess you just have to try it to understand it.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a couple pics of my vehicles…check the links.

2003 Cobra….not garaged.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37262

2000 GTS

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58741

2005 Excursion

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56380

1990 LS400

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57284

Lots to look at…but one constant…Zaino.

Since trying Zaino in 1998, I have yet to find anything that works or lasts better. I have done a fair amount of research on the different types of polishes/waxes, and here’s some of what I have learned. I should say that while I am absolutely pleased with Zaino, I have also looked at every other “new” product to see what it offers as I too am always hoping for the next great thing.

A word about carnaubas. Carnauba is a very hard, very opaque wax in it’s natural form. It’s used in all kinds of products from drugs and candies to car wax. Since it is so hard it must be blended with other waxes (like paraffin) as well as oils in order for it to be spread able…and removable. Wax also must be blended with oils and other ingredients to make a shine…as wax in itself is not shiny. Another problem with carnauba is that it melts at a lower temperature. A temperature considerably lower than your car’s surface will achieve in the sun on warm day. When softened, dust and other contaminants can stick in the wax. Finally, “waxes” do not have the longevity that some of the synthetics do.

While I am glad to see that the “Worlds Best Wax” does not use silicones…I won’t get into the silicones debate here. I will say that silicones are used in many, many waxes and other car care products because they are cheap and shiny. They offer no protection and very short durability. Finally, the lack of silicones has nothing to do with leaving a residue behind.

The synthetics last longer and shine better than the “natural” waxes…just as synthetic oils have made huge strides over their natural oil counterparts. The synthetics, like Zaino are optically pure…carnaubas cannot be.

Regardless of the final step you use…you still need to clay the surface, and maybe polish out defects for your final results to be what you expect. Unlike some silicone laden products that will mask minor swirls and the like thanks to their oil content…Zaino will not. The new Zaino Fusion Paint Cleaner and Swirl Remover is a fabulous product that will remove minor defects, leaving no oils or fillers behind that could hinder your final product’s adherence. The Z8 spray is another incredible product that truly has no equal.

I now apply Zaino with my Porter Cable machine and a finishing pad. I do use the ZFX and an ounce of polish will do my Excursion twice. I have no swirls, cobwebbing or the like. I had some reservations about use the PC for this, but it has been one of the best investments I have ever made.

Another thing to remember is that Viper paint is very soft. Use abrasives with caution. Each time you cut the paint you remove that much more clearcoat. If the clearcoat gets to thin it will fail. I see lots of guys post about the polishes they use…make sure they are not abrasive. For what it’s worth, my Viper has never needed anything more than clay and Zaino.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
turned into a great post guys. Just one more question... how do you go about drying off the car. Not everyone has a leaf blower at hand :) :)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone mentioned the MR clean system, and they said it worked great for drying by itself. someone also mentioned microfiber to dry off as well

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
twinturbo3150..the Mr Clean system did not get glowing reviews at most of the detail oriented sites.

I use a system by CR Spotless. It's a de-ionizer. No need to dry the car at all.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Ps12 stuff and clay bar, works very well. So many choices, hard to figure it all out.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Nice work! Your cars look great! However,(correct me if I'm wrong), your vehicles are not an example of real life use---at least not the use that I see. I'm also guessing you have much more time invested in those shines than probably necessary to just protect the paint. I have one hour per year into each of the vehicles above. They see a car wash at least once a week in the winter and live in as harsh of conditions as exist. I use no machinery-- just a wax pad and 2 micro fiber cloths. A buffer will enhance any product's shine factor. None of our vehicles have ever been clayed although I do recognize the benefits of doing so. Up here, all cars--even new--will start to rust if exposed to salt and not taken care of. I maintain the product I use, once a year on the winter vehicles, has contributed substantially to the shape the bodys are in. Heck, the caddy is going on 12 model years old and is only driven in salt. To date, I have never seen more durability out of a wax and I have been driving and waxing for almost 40 years.

I have seen lots of Zainoed cars that don't look like yours. One must then assume that either these car owners don't know how to put it on properly and/or didn't spend enough time. I spend less than an hour on the Viper per waxing and achieve a shine equal to most of the Zaino cars I've seen. If I went through the same process as you to apply it, I'm guessing the result would closely mirror yours. I wax the viper 3-4 times a season and usage consists of 10-11,000 miles---including tracks,some snow, sleet, and lots of rain. Something tells me that most Zainoed cars never see close to these kinds of real life conditions. ---especially the conditions and car washes our 2 winter vehicles are subjected to. From what I've read, the initial Zaino process is time consuming and from what I've seen in person does not achieve any better results than a handful of other products including the one I use which I can apply for $3 bucks a pop in less than an hour. Until somebody posts a report, like mine above--with 25 car washes on one hour/1 coat of wax per year, I will not believe that Zaino is any more durable, or better, for a car's surface than the product I'm currently using.

The added benefit is: the less time waxing, the more time driving, which is what the Viper was made to do! ;)

Steve

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax which is a almost pure carnauba wax. It goes on easier than any wax I have ever tried, you don't have to wait for it to haze over and it comes off even easier. You can do the whole car on and off in an hour or less. I defy anyone to tell it from a Zaino finish, and in fact it may have the deepest wet look of any wax. It does not last as long as the synthetics or most others, but the depth of shine is unequalled IMO. It's so easy to apply and remove that if I have to do it once a month no biggie. I enjoy waxing the car, it's therapy...to each his own.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...(and others)thanks for the kudos.

Steve...you're right, I do spend more time than needed to simply protect the paint. Like ViperJon, I enjoy doing the whole detailing ritual..so I do it more often than needed. FWIW, the Excursion right now is half white from the brine solution they put on the roads.