02 R/T 10 sells for $45,100 on EBAY

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was in the bidding until $45,000 and prepared to go higher but the seller was not answering my emails regarding the aftermarket warranty and method of payment. He emailed me 15 minutes ago saying he was sorry but he was out of the office. Not very smart abandoning your post in the last hour of a sale. Cost him a couple Gs

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cost him a couple Gs
Yeah, but the seller would say it cost you a car. Looks like a smokin deal if it was real. If I was in the market for a car, I would have bought that in a new york minute and then I would have done my due diligence post auction. As stated above, why get excited if you don't win the auction so I only get serious after the auction ends and everything the seller says, and I mean everything, better check out. If he lied and the car was bogus, so you are out a few hundred bucks to have it checked out and maybe he gives you negative feedback. That one owner car, that won trophies at car shows and had a 70k 7year warranty was a killer deal if it all checked out.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody check the pictures? Stored in a climate controlled environment? Yeah, no cover, 1/4 inch of dust and fingerprints and put away dirty after having been rode hard with a sanblasted fascia and closeups of curbed wheels. Then there are a couple pics of it cleaned up. Guy is his own worst enemy, why post pics like that? I think he cost himself at least 8 grand with the pictures.

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cost him a couple Gs
Yeah, but the seller would say it cost you a car. Looks like a smokin deal if it was real. If I was in the market for a car, I would have bought that in a new york minute and then I would have done my due diligence post auction. As stated above, why get excited if you don't win the auction so I only get serious after the auction ends and everything the seller says, and I mean everything, better check out. If he lied and the car was bogus, so you are out a few hundred bucks to have it checked out and maybe he gives you negative feedback. That one owner car, that won trophies at car shows and had a 70k 7year warranty was a killer deal if it all checked out.

The photos showed a few nicks and scratches and a curbed rim. I can't picture what sort of shows the car could have won.
I had the top bid for the last day and the actual buyer beat me by $100. I emailed the Ebay trading assistant who was doing the selling yesterday, and again this morning asking for info on the aftermarket warranty so I could confirm if it would transfer to Canada. I told him ASAP as confirming the warranty status would determine how much higher I would be prepared to bid. He never got back.

The seller declined to use Escrow.com and would not let me make the cashier's cheque copayable with the lienholder. I assume he feared it might affect him optimizing his lease buyout from the dealer. I asked him this morning to get back to me to discuss some solutions but again he never got back. :confused:

I don't think it was a scam. The trading assistant had excellent Ebay selling feedback and the buyer was someone whos own feedback showed he had sold to Palmer Dodge before. If he had worked with me at all today I would either have the car or at least have run his bid up a bit. So yes Gerald I know I missed a great deal but I will find a better car. The seller however, will never find the extra $2000 he would have gotten from me with a couple of phone calls. :D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That same car sold on ebay a while back. Why didn't it sell. I have the same year and almost as many miles. That car looks like poop. That car was not well taken care of. The first pictures looks as if the car has had frame damage. The gap from the front wheel to the hood is too large.

Did you see the picture of the wheel well? That car looks like it has been driven off road its whole. The wheel wells in my Dodge Ram are cleaner. And my truck has more than double the miles and has been driven in all conditions, including snow.

That car went for exactly what it's worth. There has to be more to the story on this car.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That same car sold on ebay a while back. Why didn't it sell. I have the same year and almost as many miles. That car looks like poop. That car was not well taken care of. The first pictures looks as if the car has had frame damage. The gap from the front wheel to the hood is too large.

Did you see the picture of the wheel well? That car looks like it has been driven off road its whole. The wheel wells in my Dodge Ram are cleaner. And my truck has more than double the miles and has been driven in all conditions, including snow.

That car went for exactly what it's worth. There has to be more to the story on this car.

I totally agree. Look at the front of the car. Looks like someone stuck a floor jack underneath the front, and pumped it up a dozen times. Something is NOT right with that car..... Stock ride height may vary from car to car a little, but that doesnt even look close, a sure sign of BIGGER problems. Look at the engine bay pics, that car looks like is has 50k miles on it.. Painwork,Frame damage,etc.. No thanks... Pay more for a car your SURE about..

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't picture what sort of damage would cause the gaps in the wheel wells. I think the car was just let down from a floor jack and the shocks hadn't recompressed. I don't see the guy inviting people down to inspect the thing first hand if there was going to be a twisted frame. Clearly the worst photographs ever taken of a Viper. It's like the guy had never used a camera before.
Whatever the case, the car was bought by a reseller so will be for sale at Latham or Palmer in a week or two. Will see how they describe it.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Engine is missing it that picture!!!!

Hoosier Daddy is right on the money! All of our race cars have the same gap in the front fender wells when the engines are out of the cars. Good call Hoosier Daddy.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at all of the pictures you will note that they had the left front tire off to take a picture. If the car was not rolled afterward then the gap is a natural outcome. The car looked pretty clean from what I could tell. The hood gaps looked good as well.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Introducing the world's tallest Viper...

You must be registered for see images attach

The front left is on a jack stand in this pic, that is my guess.

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you look at all of the pictures you will note that they had the left front tire off to take a picture. If the car was not rolled afterward then the gap is a natural outcome. The car looked pretty clean from what I could tell. The hood gaps looked good as well.

I don't know if I would use the word clean to describe this one. The owner strikes me as someone who is not a car guy. Both Carleton's 02 and Pictureman's GTS were priced at 49k and based on the pictures I have seen these are better looked after cars in spite of having higher mileage. Not accidented though.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a story behind this one, that car looks like an SUV. Engine out? Run, run run away.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine is in. The gap appears the same as in this picture. I bet the car is still on the jack. Notice the front tire from this angle. No way it's on the ground.

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make an appointment with the eye doctor ASAP!

The car looked pretty clean from what I could tell. The hood gaps looked good as well.

Now THIS is clean.......

1893Right_Rear_Suspension-med.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang