'03 Viper-- Ups and Downs

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'03 Viper-- Ups and Downs

The performance of the 2003 Viper promises to be something that we have yet to see come out of the Motor City! If performance is your game, then you may as well save your pennies. When the information is released over the next few months, remember that this is exactly what owners have been asking for.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On the spec sheet from the above post, what does "6 speed overdrive" transmission mean? Is the 6th speed the overdrive?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

yes, and always has been

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe 5th AND 6th are both overdrive... 5th=.74 and 6th=.50... 4th=1.00
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score

The styling of the present RT10 and GTS is pretty hard to match and 8 years ago there was no match. But the meetings that I attended during VOI5 and VOI6 regarding what we wanted from the next GEN there seemed to be majority that wanted More HP and Torque from a V10, less weight, better brakes, ABS with on/off capability (might not be legal), better handling. Then there was a lot of smaller issues like location of the headlight switch, dead pedal, etc. So from what I have seen they gave 110% of what the majority of attendees wanted. A survey form was sent out requesting what we wanted for the next GEN and I think the results reflect about the same. If Team Viper delivers the car from the last weeks car show they have given us spot on what we requested. I for one bought and continue to buy Vipers because of the performance and the styling is icing on the cake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery