05 Yellow SRT

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading the forum daily for the past 6 months, and now my time has come. Why you ask? My child support has ended! I'm picking my yellow Viper this Saturday and driving it back to Phoenix (from TX). Hell, I'm 52 yrs. old and can't sleep at night thinking about it. I had to track down a rare yellow to match my new yellow bike (Victory Hammer). I'd say we have a pretty lively, excitable, and loyal group of Viper owners. I must admit that I almost went to the dark side (06 Vette) out of frustration of not finding the yellow Viper for the right price, but my 21 yr. old son set me straight. Plus he may have disowned me if I went dark. You guys are great and very informative. Thanks!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You child support is about to start again...Not sure if a yellow viper is a girl or a boy, but congrats in advance... :2tu:

OP
OP
P

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me. I'll be picking the Viper up tomorrow from Tx and will be driving it back. Do you live in Fountain Hills? I met a guy a few weeks ago in Fountain Hills who owns a white mamba.

OP
OP
P

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it and an unbelievable drive! Picked it up from a Dodge dealership in Bonham, Tx, drive it back to Fountain Hills, AZ. I got a damn stone chip in the hood coming back. Anyone know of a good touchup guy in the Phoenix area? Need your thoughts: the car had under 2,800 miles when I picked it up. It was the owner's car from the Dodge Dealer. From everything I've read, I expected to be cookin around the foot area from the side pipes. Absolutely no heat or warm from the floor! The exhaust tips are chrome, and I think stock are black. I'm thinking the owner may have already changed the exhaust system (mopar?)to remedy the heat issue. What do you think? I've got a call into the dealership to find out.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the car. Enjoy and have lots of fun.

Regarding the stone chip: Visit www.paintscratch.com and read the FAQ and stuff. I just did this on a silver car's front fascia and spoiler. I have never done this before! Both the rattle can approach and paint pen approach work great and the instructions are very detailed and simple. Non-metallics are supposed to be easier??????

Of course when it comes to Vipers, you do know that real Vipers have rock chips as do the fastest Vipers, don't you?

Welcome, Bikers and Vipers - hey, we should start a new sub-group? Who might be interested?
Larry

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it and an unbelievable drive! Picked it up from a Dodge dealership in Bonham, Tx, drive it back to Fountain Hills, AZ. I got a damn stone chip in the hood coming back. Anyone know of a good touchup guy in the Phoenix area? Need your thoughts: the car had under 2,800 miles when I picked it up. It was the owner's car from the Dodge Dealer. From everything I've read, I expected to be cookin around the foot area from the side pipes. Absolutely no heat or warm from the floor! The exhaust tips are chrome, and I think stock are black. I'm thinking the owner may have already changed the exhaust system (mopar?)to remedy the heat issue. What do you think? I've got a call into the dealership to find out.

How far up on the hood?

Picture?