06 COUPE..BLUE/WHITE OR BLK/SILVER

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love both ...Wanted to know from you guys what would be a good deal for either right now..looking at both and want to work the dealer down to reasonable good deal..Any thoughts or experiences from anyone would be appreciated..Financing all approved so now I just have to pull the trigger..

Thanks in advance..Adam

JimmyCrackcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant go wrong either way, I grabbed the blue and white just because the old GTS's were that color and that got me into Vipers. The black and silver is sick though, I would probably rather have that color, its harder to keep clean though, and wont attact as much attention I bet. If I did it over, Id go for the Black and white

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant go wrong either way, I grabbed the blue and white just because the old GTS's were that color and that got me into Vipers. The black and silver is sick though, I would probably rather have that color, its harder to keep clean though, and wont attact as much attention I bet. If I did it over, Id go for the Black and white

Okay but what about price..Thats really what Im looking for help on mostly..

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a blue/white First Edition #138. MSRP- $91990- dealer sold it to me for $84,324 (which included the gas guzzler tax) plus state sales tax here in CA. Brian

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer Invoice and under. Anything over invoice is WAYYYY to high.
Not necessarily for a Coupe. Several dealerships are still trying to get one. And expecting any dealership to let a brand new model go for cost is kinda silly, even with hold back factored in.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not necessarily for a Coupe. Several dealerships are still trying to get one. And expecting any dealership to let a brand new model go for cost is kinda silly, even with hold back factored in.

Have to disagree with you on that one. Plenty of Coupes are available near or at Invoice. Ringgold sells LOTS of coupe at invoice or lower from memory. Here are a few dealers to contact:

Ringgold Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
Tator's Dodge
Roanoke Dodge (Might have a shot)
eBay of Course

Good luck Adam.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have to disagree with you on that one. Plenty of Coupes are available near or at Invoice.
BIG difference between "near or at" and "WAYYYY to high" (sic) for anything over invoice. Ringgold has been pushing them out the door at invoice (not below) and literally can't get enough of them from what I have seen posted. The others? I don't know but suspect your Roanokes, Woodhouse, Buhler, etc. are selling them for over invoice. And they are certainly worth that.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ringgold's latest numbers:

2006 Solid Red Coupe
Almost $1000 Under Invoice, Can't Recall Exact Numbers

2006 Red with Silver Stripes
SOLD FOR: $82,000
Invoice: $82,463

2006 Blue with Silver Stripes
SOLD FOR: $82,000
Invoice: $82,991

Regardless, anything near invoice is okay but invoice or under is where you want to be.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also another nice one (Black with Silver Stripes) just sold via Dealership on eBay with 200 Miles. Sold for $76,000!!! That was an EXCELLENT deal.

On another note, McCarthy Dodge has a new Yellow with Black Stripes for $83,600. Right in your area Y2K. Is this the notorious no service dealership??

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also another nice one (Black with Silver Stripes) just sold via Dealership on eBay with 200 Miles. Sold for $76,000!!! That was an EXCELLENT deal.

On another note, McCarthy Dodge has a new Yellow with Black Stripes for $83,600. Right in your area Y2K. Is this the notorious no service dealership??

Man that is BUTT Cheap !!! Why so cheap ????

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought it, drove it home and then sold it. Why, who knows but the car was clean and brand new. Decided he did not like it maybe? Either way he took a huge hit.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my 06 coupe from Ringgold dodge below invoice, plus delivered in an enclosed trailer. I took the blue with silver stipes. Pictures dont do it justice, you have to see it in person. AWESOME

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my 06 coupe from Ringgold dodge below invoice, plus delivered in an enclosed trailer. I took the blue with silver stipes. Pictures dont do it justice, you have to see it in person. AWESOME

Congrats. I know he is giving GREAT deals. Feel free to post pictures when you get a chance. Would love to see it.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith. I agree, it's BEYOND excellent, gimme the EBAY link to that auction with the Black Silver Coupe. If that guy has any more coupes with stripes at that price I will buy one tommorow. That is so far below invoice it's unbelieveable. That's less than invoice with NO holdback on a CONVERTIBLE, and stripes add 3k to the coupe. That guy LOST at least 3-5k over what he paid Dodge. Seriously, I want to know who the guy is, I'm a buyer.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith. I agree, it's BEYOND excellent, gimme the EBAY link to that auction with the Black Silver Coupe. If that guy has any more coupes with stripes at that price I will buy one tommorow. That is so far below invoice it's unbelieveable. That's less than invoice with NO holdback on a CONVERTIBLE, and stripes add 3k to the coupe. That guy LOST at least 3-5k over what he paid Dodge. Seriously, I want to know who the guy is, I'm a buyer.

PM SENT

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please keep us up to date. I'd like to know if the EBAY link is real or just another phoney. Thanks.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the guy, he sold it to a dealer for $80,000. He simply ignored the auction results. Easy to do with an EBAY rating of 1. And this is exactly why we should never assume ANY price on EBAY represents reality in Viper pricing. And not to flame Keith in particular but frankly we are all just shooting ourselves in the foot and devaluing our cars when we post pricing from EBAY.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
frankly we are all just shooting ourselves in the foot and devaluing our cars when we post pricing from EBAY.
I have made that argument too many times to count. Unfortunately some folks really don't care how low the market goes until they buy the car. In such an incredibly small marketplace, even single posts can undermine the overall value (and I am not referring to F355). Somebody shopping for an SRT (or just looking to slam them) comes here and sees that Coupes are selling for $76K (even though they aren't) and starts spreading the word. Suddenly one misinformed post has undermined the value of a very limited car. Just as some dealers do by "fire selling" their cars.

Back in the "old" days the Viper market stayed strong on pricing because every car sold was built as sold. Too many of them now end up at dealers that want to attract attention and then realize that they can't afford to floor plan them for that long. eBay, "fire sales", and a few ill-timed posts then drive the whole market in the tank. That certainly isn't to say that poorer values are caused solely by people posting here, but they sure don't help at all.

Bottom line: You can buy ANY Viper in ANY color combination for a great price if you look long enough and work hard enough on the seller. Likewise, many Vipers including SRT-10's can still bring high dollar. For example, I recently sold a year and a half old SRT-10 convertible for $78,000 (500 miles). And the new owner couldn't be more happy. Isn't that what counts?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understandable. I agree with everyone on here that looking at eBay to judge prices SHOULD NOT be the only form of valuation but when I am looking for a car, it is the first place I go. Yes there are lots of bad scams out there but you can find a good deal like Y2K said, if you look hard enough. I do not want to have any hand in depreciating the market, but I just feel sticker for these cars is a bit much now a days. The way I look at it, getting these cars around invoice is a GREAT deal but if you get it for bit over, that is not bad either. If I can be of any assistance to anyone, let me know. Good luck to everyone with your searches.