06 Pricing. (Upgrading to a IV ACR)

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove a ACR today and am smitten, big mistake I know. Been saving a bunch of cash to mod my 06 (~15K) but it seems it would be better served for my uses to just step up to the ACR.

Whats a 06 Red convertible with little under 8K mileage going for these days. Title in hand, so no lien. Condition is 95%, couple little scratchs, will be fullt detailed on sale.

No know mechanical problems with a 32 months worth of power-train warranty left. Tires have excellent tread depth, never dragged/tracked with 06 H-split style wheels.

Thinking I should be able to get ~48-49K which to me seams reasonable, seem about right.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove a ACR today and am smitten, big mistake I know. Been saving a bunch of cash to mod my 06 (~15K) but it seems it would be better served for my uses to just step up to the ACR.

Whats a 06 Red convertible with little under 8K mileage going for these days. Title in hand, so no lien. Condition is 95%, couple little scratchs, will be fullt detailed on sale.

No know mechanical problems with a 32 months worth of power-train warranty left. Tires have excellent tread depth, never dragged/tracked with 06 H-split style wheels.

Thinking I should be able to get ~48-49K which to me seams reasonable, seem about right.
Galves wholesale is exactly 38 k (15k ) on an 06 VERT 42 on a COUPE your car in question is lower in mileage so add 1-2 grand. In this day and age IF one can get 5-7% over wholesale they are doing GREAT.Those numbers are HIGH GALVES for a car in top notch condition.All equals to low 40s on a vert mid 40s on a coupe

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at completed non whole sale auction nets me these data points.

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 270529716754 end time Feb-17-10 19:03:59 PST)

12K mileage 46.6

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 180465605206 end time Feb-14-10 12:21:03 PST)

12.5 48.0

Just a example completed listings with sales. That's where I was basing my price point on. Would give me 65K ish to put down on the ACR. These are not red which I think is a detriment more then a positive though in the viper world lately.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS keep in mind if you trade it in alot of dealers may give a few gs UNDER GALVES because IF they cant sell it in a few weeks most likely it will have to go to auction maybe a few times (that costs time and money )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at completed non whole sale auction nets me these data points.

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 270529716754 end time Feb-17-10 19:03:59 PST)

12K mileage 46.6

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 180465605206 end time Feb-14-10 12:21:03 PST)

12.5 48.0

Just a example completed listings with sales. That's where I was basing my price point on. Would give me 65K ish to put down on the ACR. These are not red which I think is a detriment more then a positive though in the viper world lately.
If you can get those kind of numbers on a car thats in the book for 38 k =GOD BLESS ..Last month my buddy in CALF bought an 08 Ven Red 3000 mile Vert for 54 .

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get those kind of numbers on a car thats in the book for 38 k =GOD BLESS ..Last month my buddy in CALF bought an 08 Ven Red 3000 mile Vert for 54 .

Now I call shenanigans on that number, I have never seen a IV car that low. Heck most of the Gen III's listed privately are above that. The two above are sales, 39-42K I will by is wholesale on these cars.

Might post it up at say 46.5 on the FleaBay and see if it goes. It would definitely be the one of the cheapest 06 that has been posted. Good number of ACR's out there for sale so no particular rush. Would mean cutting into a bit of savings to eat the difference in price but might be worth it.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a clone of your car on auto trader right now with over 13K on it. Seller wants $50K for it. I don't think it will pull close to that unless he/she sticks to their guns. If you have the time sell it outright and you will get more for it. I would think low to mid 40's would be a good price point.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a clone of your car on auto trader right now with over 13K on it. Seller wants $50K for it. I don't think it will pull close to that unless he/she sticks to their guns. If you have the time sell it outright and you will get more for it. I would think low to mid 40's would be a good price point.
Exactly thats what i would think unless you catch an uneducated buyer .In December i saw a 2000 mile 06 coupe go for 52 and a 08 200 mile coupe go for 60 .It all depends upon how savy the buyer is and how badly,quickly the seller wants to MOVE IT. MOST of the time though if you want to move the car quickly 7% over is doing well.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I call shenanigans on that number, I have never seen a IV car that low. Heck most of the Gen III's listed privately are above that. The two above are sales, 39-42K I will by is wholesale on these cars.

Might post it up at say 46.5 on the FleaBay and see if it goes. It would definitely be the one of the cheapest 06 that has been posted. Good number of ACR's out there for sale so no particular rush. Would mean cutting into a bit of savings to eat the difference in price but might be worth it.
lAST JAN I SOLD my 08 Roadster 1500 miles mint for 57 .Check the auction numbers out of Manhilm ON Verts .I HAVE BROKERED AT LEAST 7 DEALS ON 08 THIS YEAR .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps check the GALVES numbers (you know what GALVES is right )and tell me HOW one sells a car in the low 50s that has a wholesale value of 38 in this economy =ASKING AND GETTING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am going to sell it outright, no real winter season here in San Diego so their is always a buyer for convertibles. Its' not like I am hurting which is what the above deals are if true. How maw low mileage no stories cars in a given region. Will have to think on this. Low 40's would mean that I mod the living tar out of the one I have, and pickup something to daily drive.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS you also might want to shoot TAXIMAN an Email TO GET HIS OPINION as RON really is in tune with the market.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Suggest that you call a reputable dealer (or 2) who is a board sponsor and see what kind of a deal you could get...you may be surprised, and would risk nothing with said attempt.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggest that you call a reputable dealer (or 2) who is a board sponsor and see what kind of a deal you could get...you may be surprised, and would risk nothing with said attempt.
Definately=GREAT IDEA give site sponser Buhler a call (732)544-5515 ask for DARREN BUHLER .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather