08 Hood Install

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my opinion, I think the wide stripes dipping into the vents adds more character, interest, and uniqueness to the car than just the plain stripes (whether wide on the stock '06 hood or narrow on an '08 hood.

HISS, dropped you a PM...

Great job..

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks John

I can't wait to see the chromed wheels. When do you expect them from Cal chrome. I know your car, unless you have a extra set of rims and tires, is on jack stands.

I do have a drivers side cat going bad so I will be taking the Viper for a check up to Ab or Adam possibly the end of the week. The driver side sill is really getting hot and their is a smell like a rotten egg coming from that side. He will also put in His quality Plug wires and do a few other things. That man is one great Viper mechanic. Fortunate to have him in driving distance.

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am for sure that I will be purchasing a 2008 hood for my 06 coupe, however the factory stripes for the GEN 3 cars appears to not be painted on car (slight edge can be felt on outer edges of factory stripes). I have no concerns as to the width of the GEN 3 stripes that will have to merge with the 08 hood vents. My concern is will the painted stripes on the 08 hood have an unfavorable visual effect with the unpainted stripes on the rest of car (Bumper, rear, top of car).

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am for sure that I will be purchasing a 2008 hood for my 06 coupe, however the factory stripes for the GEN 3 cars appears to not be painted on car (slight edge can be felt on outer edges of factory stripes). I have no concerns as to the width of the GEN 3 stripes that will have to merge with the 08 hood vents. My concern is will the painted stripes on the 08 hood have an unfavorable visual effect with the unpainted stripes on the rest of car (Bumper, rear, top of car).

First Strike, the stripes ARE painted on the cars. If you paint stripes on an '08 hood have the painter copy the factory stripes, i.e. raised edge, so that they'll match the bumper stripes also.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Strike-sent you a pm. I have been away for a few days and could not post on this forum.

Thanks Python-you need to see the hood in person. A very aggressive look.

My Viper is at AB's for a check up. Adam will install plugs and his Quality Wires. Other work will be done and I think Adam will post pics when finished.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21