1/43 Minicar and Western Models Viper question

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is about the RT/10 by Minicar and Western Models.
They seem to pop up sometimes on eBay, usually with a steep price tag, but nobody seems to bother.
What's up with that? What makes them so expensive? Is it something like the Viper by Creative Masters, a high retail price that fell like a brick?
Thanks in advance!

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I believe they are very old and collectible (Western) ....they were some of my first purchases back in the mid nineties...I have quite a few!! and are (probably) some of my my best and most treausured pieces!! If you get the opportunity ...go for it!!

OP
OP
W

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they are very old and collectible (Western) ....they were some of my first purchases back in the mid nineties...I have quite a few!! and are (probably) some of my my best and most treausured pieces!! If you get the opportunity ...go for it!!

Thanks for the response, Vipernut!
So how much would you advise me to pay (a realistic price) for a Western Model or a Minicar?

Regards,

WickedV

OP
OP
W

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I got mine from PTH back in the day!!
I can't advise on prices or anything 'cuz it's too long ago....but I would have probably paid the $110..... ; )

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, much appreciated :2tu: Don't have $110 burning a hole in my pocket, but if anyone is willing to buy a red one for me I turn the big 'ole age of 25 at the end of this month (March 31st)... *hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge*

Here you go, ITV! The Minicar is quite the same...

[media]http://www.pthinc.com/userImages/productImages/wm126.jpg[/media]

I got the pic from this website:

Past-Time Hobbies, Inc. Code 3 Die Cast Corgi Airplanes Herpa Dragon Wings Britains Collectibles Solido

It can be yours, if you have $110 burning a hole in your pocket...:smirk:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Western=full metal also!

The ebay thing looks french to me - comic thing - around 500 Euro price tag - saw that in real and is not worth the money for me (having +600 model viper)...

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen those WM and Minicar models too on Ebay. Also had a few in my hands, and were not too happy about the quality.
The tires dry out and burst into loose things.... and if it's anything you want to prevent on your top dollar models, its damage.

For the collector that wants it all their are a must have... but if you want good models, I think it's better to leave them were they are.

Compared to Minichamps-Ixo and even Eagles race(streetcars) they look "funny" around the headlights.

OP
OP
W

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input!
I've just bought a Minicar on eBay for about $25.
They are indeed less detailed than the Minichamps I have in my collection, but nevertheless it's still a nice looking model. Furthermore, it also gives you a very old school and artistic feeling when you look at it, what I actually quite like.
As far as I can see, no cracked tyres yet, so that's a good thing. (Or is tyre cracking only for the WM?)

Regards,

WickedV

OP
OP
W

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure on the WM's. But Minicar should be the same if I'm correct.
Can you post some pictures here when you get it?

Ask and you shall receive!
I went to pick it up locally last week. Eventually, I was going to post some pics.
I've tried to document it as good as possible so that other people can look back at this if they were to buy one in the near future.
I've even included some pics with a Minichamps for comparison.
Enjoy!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difficult.....

I wanted to say, easy... the Minichamps is better looking.
But the Minicar has more detail....

Nevertheless the Minicar's detail and paintwork is done too quick. Had they spent a little more time on it it would have been better than any other model.
Personally I think they messed up with that, so I would rather have a Minichamps or even an Eagles Race streetcar instead.

But when you have it all.... every addition is a good one ;)
I'd love to see some pictures of your collection!

(Did you snipe me on those 2000 Le Mans models on ebay last week?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21