1 Michelin PS2 335-35-17 for sale cheap

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got all my work done and decided to take advantage of the beautiful sunny 65 degree day. Went into the garage to jump in the Viper and saw this nail where no nail should be.

vipernailrear.JPG

Big let down in more ways then one. The only cool thing is I talked my buddy into giving me a road hazard warranty on these tires when I bought the set. So I am probably out 100 bucks instead the full price. Can't get the tire until Tuesday, until then, no Viper pleasure... Anyone need a 335-35-17 PS? Make you a real good deal!:D
How the heck does this happen anyway?
nailviper.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny! My first thought when I saw it, was somebody did this. When I backed out of the garage I stopped with nail facing the ground and saw that the head of the nail is almost perfectly parallel and nearly touching the ground. So I guess it was not intentional. What's funny is I am surprised it doesn't happen more often with the way the side wall is exposed. It's not like the tread width of the PS2 exactly matches the 13" Rim width the way the corner is rounded.

Now I am going to be unbalanced with a new left rear and a right rear with 10Kmiles, or should I reverse that and put the new tire on the right side?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very unfortunate!

As an aside; Since you're 'advertising' an item for sale, please put it in the classifieds and insert a link to your ad in your post...that's site policy, and since you're a VCA Member, it's free.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kcobean,
Sorry, it is not a real advertisement. "For sale" was meant as a joke because the tire is useless with a nail in the sidewall.
Maybe I should have posted this in "Fangs Snake Pit"

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kcobean,
Sorry, it is not a real advertisement. "For sale" was meant as a joke because the tire is useless with a nail in the sidewall.
Maybe I should have posted this in "Fangs Snake Pit"

Ah...I read it as you were selling the tire from the other side of the car, since you're probably replacing them as a pair.

flarex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this tire still available ? I'm interested. how about the other used tire ?please let me know on how I can contact you, thanks