100K, finally

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to put that into perspective: assume you have a $60/month cable bill and that you've been paying that since you got your Viper in about 1996. By comparison, you have paid over $10,000 in cable fees, vs $17,500 in fuel cost (@ $2.50/gal). As an American driver, you have contributed approximately $1288 to the federal Highway Trust Fund to cover maintenance/expansion of the federal-aid highway system. The federal share is a flat 18.4cents/gallon and has not changed since before your car was new. It is now woefully insufficient to pay for even the maintenance of the system, much less expansion. Motor fuel taxes are not bad, unless you are being branded as an evil gross polluter by virtue of your chosen travel mode. The government is now preparing to exact a new 15 cent/gal "carbon tax" from you, then piss it down an environmental feel-good hole instead of fixing our roads.

I'm doing the best I can Deano. I dumped my cable over a year ago but I haven't scaled back my driving one single bit. :2tu: