100K Warranty on 2001 Vipers

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you see the average miles that a viper is driven every year, less than 5000 for sure,the 7/100 powertrain warranty doesn't do too much for a Viper.
Also under Federal and State laws,a lot of parts are covered for more than 3/36.

Manufacturers are not in business to be "fair",but to make MONEY,so even if I understand your position/feeling,I don't think that DC really care about it.
They will only care if not caring would cost them money.

You will be fine with the power train,Vipers usually don't have problems with it.

I will worry more about sills turning yellow and trim parts breaking or falling off.

Luc.00GTS

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine right around the same date in Oct. I bought the 7/70 warranty as I plan to put about 10K miles on it per year. I doubt that anyone would be successful in getting this warranty back annotated. Also, no special program from Dodge has EVER included the Viper as far as I can tell.

--- Ken
'01 GTS

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. You got my support,I hope you get satissfaction. DC has not extended this offer to us Canadians.

I ordered a Jeep Liberty due to arrive,at the end of Nov.,the interest rate is 7.8% for 5yrs,and(5/100,000 Km.Warn.). The dealer says," the 7/100,000 miles, 0% deal is only offered in the U.S." may be we 'll get lucky !!

---------------
99 slvr/conl. GTS

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put my name on the list!!
I took delivery back in Feb 2001 and paid extra for a 7yr/50,000
mile warranty. I know i will never see that money but bumping it out to 100k would be the right thing to do seeing that it is a 2001.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put me down. i got a 2001 in January. I am going to need an extended warranty as I will easily put 10K a year on mine.

GaryC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to one of mine friends a minute ago and asked him if he had talked to the dealership where he got his Jeep from if he could get the drivetrain deal. No word yet.

Seeing we are reunited after the horror of 9-11, everyone within a reasonable amount of time could still get this deal from Dodge or any manufacture with the 0% interest rates or any other insentives. It would be a good business move for future sales, JMO.

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
frown.gif

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually went down to a delaership to check this out. I was thinking along the lines of getting a new one..

Guess what... neither the 7/100k nor the 0% apply to the viper...

Thanks a tone Dodge..

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!

7 year 100,000 mile DRIVETRAIN warrranty applies to ALL NEW VIPERS PURCHASED during this program period.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A couple of items need to be addressed in the matter of the powertrain warranty that does apply to Vipers.

1. It is not transferrable beyond the first owner, so those of you that purchased extensions are in great shape , as you can transfer it to the next owner.
2. DC is very generously allowing an extension to be put on at a reduced price, so you can get a Maxcare contract for a new 2001 at a substantial discount.

The situation is not unlike my own when I purchased a 99 Cobra and a few weeks later a $1000 rebate came out. Car companies change programs, add programs , etc. all the time, and whether it is low financing, warranty changes , or other items they can not backdate to assist folks. Dealers are not given any notice, anymore , for this reason alone, as they would wait until each program changed. Vipers have never been part of any program , so it was nice to finally be included. Remember this is a powertrain warranty only, and if you want to extend the factory 3/36 there are many dealers offering them at fair prices.

PS - We have 20 Vipers eligible for the new program.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler
1-800-889-1893

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey bill send me the paperwork to extend the warranty on my 1995.
the currect contract is do to expire early 2002. email me & i will give you my new address.