12 hrs of Sebring! March 13-16, 2013

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RETURN TO SEBRING!!

Lets have a large VCA participation in Florida
and show the other brands what they are missing out on!

GO TEAM VIPER!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If you purchase your 4 day VIP tickets for the Sebring race from JR Thompson, your SRT cars and Vipers will have a special parking corral. On Saturday the 16th you will be treated to the hospitality tent. Please see the attached form which has a March 4th deadline.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected] If you do not have an SRT vehicle, you will not be allowed to park in the corral.

For more information about the race itself, go to www.sebringraceway.com
SRT_CarCorralRegistration.pdf

or contact:

Cathy Smiley
President
Viper Club of Central/North Florida
[email protected]

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is freakin cool!

I'll be joining my Norcal VCA brothers to watch the GTS-R kick ass at the ALMS race at Laguna Seca, May 11. I don't know all of the details, but we will be lining up our Vipers in a prime location, hospitality suite, Etc. Good times! I just hope I have my Gen V by then, but will join the guys either way.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I spoke with JR Thompson late yesterday and the deadline has been extended until Mar.11th

If you already have tickets to the race,you can pay 125.00 per person for a pass which gives you corral parking and hospitality.You can bring any year of Viper,in case any of you found this confusing.All SRT Challengers,300, Chargers,Jeeps are welcome.

The info on the flyer is still good too and it now expires 3-11-13

V

Venomiss

I spoke with JR Thompson late yesterday and the deadline has been extended until Mar.11th

If you already have tickets to the race,you can pay 125.00 per person for a pass which gives you corral parking and hospitality.You can bring any year of Viper,in case any of you found this confusing.All SRT Challengers,300, Chargers,Jeeps are welcome.

The info on the flyer is still good too and it now expires 3-11-13

Today is the last day to pay and sign up for Sebring!
Have some fun with the VCA North Central Florida region in Sebring.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flying down on Friday.

"
DRIVER QUOTES:
“We have made huge improvements; I think more than we expected. We’ve closed the gap to our opponents from the first race to the last race. We are more competitive. The car is just fantastic. I see the potential to follow the ‘tire marks’ of its older brother – the original GTS-R.”
--Dominik Farnbacher – No. 91 SRT Viper GTS-R

“As in any other race, you need to have the minimum of bad luck. Sebring is a tough one on the equipment. It’s a very bumpy track and there is no room for error; there’s not much run-off area. It’s very demanding for both driver and car. The track is rough, so for the mechanical side of the car it’s a good test for durability.”
--Marc Goossens – No. 91 SRT Viper GTS-R

“I’m extremely excited and grateful to be part of the SRT Motorsports program this year. I think the most important thing at Sebring is traffic and keeping the car clean. I have no doubt that the SRT Viper GTS-R has the reliability to get us to the finish line. We have to be smart not only on the track but also in the narrow and always busy pit lane to avoid contact and damage to the car.”
--Ryan Dalziel – No. 91 SRT Viper GTS-R

“Going into the 12 Hours of Sebring, we’re very thankful we completed a 10-hour race last year – Petit Le Mans – with zero issues. That’s a positive thing. This is my first start in the 12-hour and I’m strongly looking forward to it. It’s a very, very tough race with all the bumps. I do a lot of endurance training, a lot of cardiovascular training and I’ve really upped that to a new scale this year.”
--Kuno Wittmer – No. 93 SRT Viper GTS-R

“You know, I haven’t raced at Sebring since ’99 but it’s amazing how quickly the stuff comes back to you. I like the track. It’s ******* everyone and everything. There’s a cool rhythm here and a good assortment of corners. The thing that frustrates you the most about trying to get the car to work over the bumps is that’s also where the gains are.”
--Tommy Kendall – No. 93 SRT Viper GTS-R

“It’s March and probably going to be around 80 degrees; that weighs on the driver. And the track is high load – a lot of grip and very bumpy. It definitely takes a toll on everybody – the crew, the car and the drivers. It’s a tough place.”
--Jonathan Bomarito – No. 93 SRT Viper GTS-R"

PaddockTalk Perspective

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6th and 10th in qualifying, top 10 all within 1 second. Looking forward to seeing the green flag...wish I was there.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth is, endurance racing has become long sprints bcz the cars are all so durable. You can't bank on a 458 or ZR1 breaking, or having contact. You have to outpace them! That's racing nowadays! Go SRT!

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT Viper #91 leading the race at 3.5 hours into the race! #93 in 4th place. I know it's early, but it looks like they've got great pace so far.

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT Viper #91 leading the race at 3.5 hours into the race! #93 in 4th place. I know it's early, but it looks like they've got great pace so far.
Meant to say leading their GT class. Would be a world shocker if they were overall leading the race!! hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper