19/19 or 19/20? CCW 505A wheels

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TWENTY TWENTY!!!! There's virtually no difference in price (relatively speaking) and the twenty's look awesome> Gary's car helped make my decision back last Nov.at Sema I met Vincent from I-forged and ordered the first set made with the extreme fit (5" lip) The fit and finish is PERFECT! absolutely no rubbing at all and its lowered with eibachs. I just ordered another set for my RT/10 I post pics when they arrive and I get the car finished. As far as opening the hood the wheels have to be only slightly turned not all the way.
[image]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/image]

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm running 19/20's. :headbang:

10524P1010047-med.JPG

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never understood the need to put huge SUV wheels on a Viper.

Performance doesn't seem to be an issue. I wonder if any of them would be willing to swap their V10 for a four-****** and a $100?

GTS is 630RWHP with a ROE S/C and my RT/10 does 800RWHP with the NOVI 2K. I just like the cars to look good too :2tu: [image]
[/image]

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you choose the LIP size? or is it standard on all CCW 505 wheels?
I'm going to be getting some BUT performance means alot to me and thats why i'm going with the 18's!

I'm pretty sure you get 3" lip only with the CCW's. The performance diff. is almost not even noticeable FWIW. btw Ronnie that is SICK RT/ :cool:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never understood the need to put huge SUV wheels on a Viper.

Performance doesn't seem to be an issue. I wonder if any of them would be willing to swap their V10 for a four-****** and a $100?

I just like the cars to look good too

Looks are very subjective. IMO 20" wheels on a race car designed to be low and ground hugging look ridiculous and totally out of all prportion to the car itself and it's design. But I'm wrong a lot.. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some awesome pictures here. It's leaning me torwards 20/20 .... but still undecided.

do any of you with 20's up front rub at all???? on big dips or bumps in the road?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting some BUT performance means alot to me and thats why i'm going with the 18's!

I'm pretty sure you get 3" lip only with the CCW's. The performance diff. is almost not even noticeable FWIW. btw Ronnie that is SICK RT/ :cool:

Funny how performance is negligible when it comes to posing but if it means a two HP gain going with Roe filters over K&N then it's a must have.

I don't know if the "MTV Cribs" wheels you guys are blinging up your Vipers with are a handling vs. HP performance loss but certainly with the much shorter sidewall they are a hindrance in dragracing. And at some point I would think the revolutions of so much weight so far out from the center would start being a problem for road racing as well.

I also believe Kumho is the stickiest street tire on the market and if they don't make a 20 then you're losing performance.

When I start seeing SCCA WC cars running 20's with 3-inch lips I'll consider the upgrade.

Until then, enjoy. It's your car, do whatever you want with it.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny how performance is negligible when it comes to posing but if it means a two HP gain going with Roe filters over K&N then it's a must have.

I don't know if the "MTV Cribs" wheels you guys are blinging up your Vipers with are a handling vs. HP performance loss but certainly with the much shorter sidewall they are a hindrance in dragracing. And at some point I would think the revolutions of so much weight so far out from the center would start being a problem for road racing as well.

I also believe Kumho is the stickiest street tire on the market and if they don't make a 20 then you're losing performance.

When I start seeing SCCA WC cars running 20's with 3-inch lips I'll consider the upgrade.

Agreed! That's why I have this silly little thing called an impact gun and a couple of jacks and 4 jackstands (SO I CAN PUT THE FACTORY 17"s ON WITH THE V700's) when I'm not "posing" The Kumho's still don't stick very well in 1st but after they're warm they do rather well. I believe everyone here looking at doing 20" wheels would not argue the weight disadvantage or the dragstrip launching capability but for regular street driving you're not effected enough to care. And when you do need the extra bite it's as simple as 30 min. of your time to throw the grippy little wheels back on :2tu:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Agreed! That's why I have this silly little thing called an impact gun and a couple of jacks and 4 jackstands (SO I CAN PUT THE FACTORY 17"s ON WITH THE V700's) when I'm not "posing" The Kumho's still don't stick very well in 1st but after they're warm they do rather well. I believe everyone here looking at doing 20" wheels would not argue the weight disadvantage or the dragstrip launching capability but for regular street driving you're not effected enough to care. And when you do need the extra bite it's as simple as 30 min. of your time to throw the grippy little wheels back on :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

Just stating my opinion here...I agree with ViperJon as stated a few posts above that looks are subjective and I think 19s or 20s with big lips, very open thin spokes, against the backdrop of much smaller brake rotors look like "bling wagon wheels". I just think it looks totally out of proportion with the Viper and also goes against the theme of a muscle/street race car that the Viper exemplifies. I don't like the "BIG wheel" look at all. In addition, I'd rather have the performance, ride and safety benefits of properly sized wheels as designed and engineered as far as the functioning of the chassis and suspension at all times when I'm on the street. Again, just my .02...no flame intended. :D

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some awesome pictures here. It's leaning me torwards 20/20 .... but still undecided.

do any of you with 20's up front rub at all???? on big dips or bumps in the road?

Not at all.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not at all.

damn your car is slammed and still nor rubbing issues? thats good news.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome!! How long ago did you get those? The 345/25 20 Pirelli's are impossible to get now.

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks.... :2tu:

I placed the order back in March and finally got them on the car in the end of June. CCW had some machine issues and California Chrome Had some issues also. I hope Pirelli will continue to make them, I think thats the only tire that will fit correctly in the rear with 20's.

:headbang: