1994 key blank

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will a '94-'01 blank key, the kind with the red plastic snake head that you see on ebay all the time, work on a early '94?
THANKS!

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1994 RT/10 was manufactured in November 1993 and the snake head key works no problem. Just make sure you take it to a place you can trust to do the cutting.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought four of them on ebay when I first got my 94. A local hardware store let the first one slip and ruined it. The Dodge dealer in Lexington Park Maryland made one good one and somehow ruined one other. They replaced it but tell me they will not try to cut any more for me! Now I have two blanks left that I'll probably have to take to a locksmith shop in order to be sure of a quality job. I'll get around to it one day.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe117, that is a real pain.
I was lucky, the a local Dodge Dealer cut the one I purchased perfectly for $5, by just using the key code off of my master.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they use a "Key-Code" style cutter, you will be in great shape. These are pretty neat as they "punch" the proper notches in the key by requiring the the code off the key to be entered into the cutter. It sort of looks like one of those dial style locks, you know, the ones that you rotate the individual numbered dials.