Viper Mechanic

9Viper4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Viper mechanic in the Richmond Virginia area. My 94 has sprung coolant leaks and the local Dodge dealer said it needs a head gasket on the drivers side. They won't do the work because not all the parts are available from Dodge. Thanks in advance.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common failure point because of the 'paper' gasket.

Aftermarket sell better gaskets check around now a days. One vendor (Dan) here sales a sets.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't screw around with a ****** dealership who probably never seen a Viper. Tom Sessions or Havik Performance in Bath, PA.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't screw around with a ****** dealership who probably never seen a Viper. Tom Sessions or Havik Performance in Bath, PA.
i generally agree, but if there's nothing reasonably close....any good shop (i understand good is relative) can do most things on a viper. They're very simple cars. I wouldn't hesitate to use a shop I trusted that may not be viper specific for most things.

with that said, I'd also do all my own research and give it to them at the time as well for that specific repair.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The earlier Vipers are as simple as a base model pickup truck. Any new owner with some level of mechanical skill should own and read the service manual. You can help your trusted shop become familiar with particular elements of the car before service.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The earlier Vipers are as simple as a base model pickup truck. Any new owner with some level of mechanical skill should own and read the service manual. You can help your trusted shop become familiar with particular elements of the car before service.
exactly! I don't even trust recommended/experienced shops with anything to assume they know it. Been screwed too many times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala