1996-97 Yellow wheels

Reaction score
I was thinking that the prancing snake was different between the RT/10 and the GTS. I had some different sizes made up for mine and went with 2.5" heigth.

I also changed the emblems on the sides and the back bumper with the factory ones from a 2001. The 2001 color is not the same as the 96-97 yellow wheels.
I would recommend having those done in vinyl if you were thinking of doing those also.

As for the stripes, they are ebay nothing special vinyl. Ordered several yellows to find the one that matched the wheels. That is also why they do not go through the NACA duct or the license plate area. I did it in vinyl so if I didn't like the results I could just pull them off, or to sell the car in the future they could be removed more easily than paint.

When I received my yellow wheels, I painted the inside flat black. That area of yellow is impossible to clean. You will find yourself cleaning the wheels a lot more than the polished ones. If you have the factory brake pads you will find that a simple trip around the block will begin to spread dust all over the front wheels. You will need a set of low dust pads. I believe I have Porterfields on the front.

The only thing I felt my car was missing was ABS. I just finished a retro-fit from 2001-2002 Viper parts, and they work great.

Good luck with your project.

OP
OP
N

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matthew,
You are right the stickers are different between the gts and rt/10, I have an original from mopar i bought years ago and the ones from neil showed up today and the GTS uses a larger and more orange yellow sticker(compared to yellow) which is screened on a clear sticker(not just a yellow sticker). So Dakota viper collector is going to make some up for me as soon as i get him my original. Jerry