2" seat lowering kit instructions, and some tipsmplease.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need some instructions and pointers on installing this kit.Came with just rails and hardware. Will have it soon.
Thanks

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a copy at home. Should be able to copy it for you tomorrow evening if you can't find it before then...

Bryan

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sent you a copy of the instructions. Don't expect much -- I found them pretty cryptic, but hopefully a bit of help. It was more a matter of me just looking at the pieces and figuring out what goes where.

The one tip I'd offer is that these turn the installation/removal of the seat from easy to pretty difficult, particularly the two front nuts. Getting the angle of the front brackets to match that of the car is the trick, so maybe if you can install them on the seat with medium tightness, put it in the car to set the angle, and then carefully remove the seat again to really torque them down onto the seat.

After you get the fronts on, the rears are doable with a u-joint on your socket and a very long extension.

Good luck! Hopefully you have a roadster and thus loads of vertical working room... :)

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sent you a copy of the instructions. Don't expect much -- I found them pretty cryptic, but hopefully a bit of help. It was more a matter of me just looking at the pieces and figuring out what goes where.

The one tip I'd offer is that these turn the installation/removal of the seat from easy to pretty difficult, particularly the two front nuts. Getting the angle of the front brackets to match that of the car is the trick, so maybe if you can install them on the seat with medium tightness, put it in the car to set the angle, and then carefully remove the seat again to really torque them down onto the seat.

After you get the fronts on, the rears are doable with a u-joint on your socket and a very long extension.

Good luck! Hopefully you have a roadster and thus loads of vertical working room... :)
Yep i have a vert, im sure some cuss words will be flowing, but for the most part i have quite a bit of patience when working on the car, go figure. lol And my midrise lift will come in very handy here.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Is there a air bag sensor under the seat? No biggy either way as i can figure that out when i disconnect. Thanks for the directions, when it mentions air bag sensor it only mentions 2008-2010 thats why im asking.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have no problem installing it on your Gen III. The front two brackets arent nearly as hard to line up or install as people say. It is a little tricky getting the back 2 bolts tightened, just use a long extension socket. The vert makes it way easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang