(2) VRL GTS Coupes for sale

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 VRL/Speed World Challenge Viper GTS Coupes for Sale

482calendar-lg-car-med.jpg

2001 – Michelin Challenge Series - 3 Firsts and 3 Seconds – Eastern Region Champion – 2nd in the National Finals.

2002 – 2004 Viper Racing League – 9 Poles, 11 Wins, 10 Seconds, and 6 Thirds, for a total of 27 podium finishes.

2002 – VRL Rookie of the Year, finishing 4th overall.

2003 – GT-1 National Points Champion.

2004 – GT-1 Runner up with 3 events to go.

Track times:

• Button Willow – 1:57.984
• Gingerman – 1:26.969
• Mid America – 1:33.943
• Mid Ohio – 1:33.947
• Phoenix – 1:04.402
• Putnam Park – 1:12.077
• Road America – 2:21.408
• Thunder Hill – 1:55.504
• VIR – 2:00.170
• Watkins Glen – 2:04.758
• Willow Springs – 1:24.090

Both cars have been meticulously prepared and maintained. Speed, safety, and reliability have been the goals of the Whelen Motorsports/Marsh racing Team, and from the Michelin Challenge Series, through the VRL and into the Speed World Challenge Series, the results speak for themselves.

We have learned a great deal in our campaign of the GTS in the last 4 years and the benefit of our experience is professionally incorporated into each car. Ted Marsh and his team at Marsh Racing have used their knowledge from many successful years of racing with NASCAR to upgrade the systems and performance of the GTS. These cars are completely sorted out and a pleasure to drive.

Many spare parts are available and accommodations such as paint and delivery are fully negotiable. Check the classified ads for more details. Our asking price for either car is $75,000.

482SWCLRP-med.jpg

If you are attending VOI 8, come by and see us in the garage area. We will be practicing on Thursday and racing at 11:30 on Saturday and Sunday and then again on Monday and Tuesday with Viperdays and the VRL.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know what's next? I know that these cars are a steal at 75k with the testing/tuning that Ted and the guys in the shop have put effortless time and professional engineering as well as all the seat time Sonny has had in the cars. I know as I used to always see Sonny from the rear. Sonny good luck if I had the means I would take one of those babies of of your hands.

OP
OP
S

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bernie, it was one of my best times in the series when we were on the track together - I hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon.

I'll be moving up to the Speed World Challenge next year and they encourage equipment that is in current production. Otherwise, I'd stay right where I am - I love those cars!

Pray for good weather, we need to qualify tomorrow in Richmond so we can race Friday night in the Busch South race. Ted is going to join me at VOI on Saturday in time for the 11:30 VRL race.

Take care, Bernie

OP
OP
S

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won 4 straight at TMS during VOI8 and Viperdays. That makes 6 in a row! For those of you that enjoyed the track experience at VOI the VRL beckons... Save your street car conversions and sit in a car that won't hold you back!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Viper Days at TMS and watched Sonny pass his competitors like they were standing still (including the CC's).
Damn that car is fast! I wish I had more seat time to be able to explore the potential of your cars. They are a steal at what you're asking for them.
Good luck in the Speed World Challenge series next year.

Ray

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny actually those days were the best times of my life. Thanks for being a sport and allowing me to have so much fun with you and the guys. Get out and Kick Butt in SWC as I know you will be a fierce competitor. Good luck with the sale of your cars. Before you get rid of them how about a little challenge one on one. VIR both your cars and you and I. Just kidding be safe out there.

Bernie

OP
OP
S

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Ray, TMS was a blast! It looks like one of the competitors from the event may buy one of the cars, so things are moving along well. A match race would be fun Bernie, we'll nave to ask the new owner. You could certainly drive the one I have left (I think it's faster anyway)!

Come to the Viperdays Finals and we'll talk.