2000 ACR brakes grabbing at 5000 miles

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a grabbing noise as I come to a stop in the ACR the other day. It did it a few times. It's that same sound and feeling you get when you're metal on metal. Thing is, I've only got 5000 miles on the car and you can see there is plenty of pad. Rotors don't seem to be scared. The Viper did sit for about 2 weeks just prior to this and it was rainy and very humid. I Autocrossed it this past weekend and had absolutely no problems. It didn't even make the noise any. Not sure what it was, but even a friend riding in it last week noticed it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jeff

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, Take your Viper up to a reasonable speed and stop aggressively three successive times in a row. This will put some heat in them, clean any rust, noise from pads or other oddities that are temporary in nature. If the noise and or pull is not completely gone then see your dealer for a further diagnosis. Hope this helps. Hey be sure you have inspected all pads front and back on both sides of the rotor. It is not unusual at all to be out of pad at 5000 miles. How fast pads wear is based on the temperature they are being used at.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang