2001 ACR dyno results

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the talk about the new cam profile and lower hp numbers for the 2001 cars had me concerned.
Well, I finally broke in my engine (it took almost 5 months!) and off to the dyno at Apex in Santa Clara, CA

After 3 runs (all were within 2hp of each other), I put down 399.8 hp and 444.8 ft./lbs SAE corrected. These were almost identical to my 98 GTS (I had filters and smooth tubes on it) with the same mileage. So I was able to confirm the peak nubmers were the same. Now I wanted to see the rest of the curves and determine if there were any other variances...ie I have heard that with the new cam, there are losses on low end. Anyway, long story short, from 2000 rpms to 5800 rpms the curves are practically identical. In fact, I don't think there is even more than a 4hp/4tq difference anywhere!

So, I am happy with the power.I seems that, in my case, the new cam did not effect anything negatively.

On a side note, for some reason, I had a VERY high correction factor for my runs today and it brought my numbers today DOWN big time! The strange thing is that the temperature, barometric pressure, and altitude for the runs in my 98 GTS were very similar to my runs today yet the correction factor was 4% more today. Here are the numbers:

98 GTS: 64degrees, 29.92 bar. pressure, and 0ft.= .98 correction factor.
ACTUAL HP= 405.6, ACTUAL TQ= 448.9

2001 ACR: 59 degrees, 30.2 bar. pressure and 10ft.=.94 correction factor (4% less with similar conditions???).
ACTUAL HP= 426.6, ACUTAL TQ=474.6

I have Apex checking into why the correction factors are so different when the runs were all done on the same style dynojet. They are calling Dynojet. I would think they should all be pre-programmed.

So, if anything my 2001 ACR is making at least the same numbers, and most likely HIGHER NUMBERS than my 98 GTS w/filters and tubes.

Hope this helps!
-Wayne

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

Do you have any mods on your 01 ACR? I have a Sapphire 01 ACR that I just got. I haven't started breaking it in yet, but I did finish the install of a Borla Cat Back exhaust today.
The ACR is a BAD A** Car!
What Color did you get?

Regards,

Steve

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lthl,

That correction factor does seem strange... I had a 5% correction factor when I dynoed and it was about 40 degrees and virtually no humidity - so yours seems a bit off.

How many miles on the car? My '98 GTS w/20k miles put down 415RWHP and 465RWTQ... I have smoothies and K&N's and I replaced the rear muffler with a straight pipe (custom - not Snake Oyl). I think your numbers might go up with more miles... 400 at the wheels is nothing to be ashamed of though! It will only get better

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be putting my '01 GTS on the dyno next weekend at the next Houston Viper Club meeting. Right now I have 2000 miles and it is bone stock. Immediately after, I'll be installing my exhaust. I can't take the stock sound anymore. I've been patient up till now as I wanted a BONE stock dyno number to start with. My wife says it sounds as quiet as my PT Cruiser compared with my '99 with the TNT catback! I'll be posting the results soon after.