2001 Yellow with Black Stripe Availibility

Lyn Turpin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently own a 1993 RT/10 with only 2,000 miles.
I saw the new yellow GTS last summer and had to have one. I ordered yellow with black stripes.
My order was one of the first in the system for 2001. My dealer tells me the order is still on restriction due to the stripe package.
Has anyone else heard whether the cars with the stripe package are being produced yet? Does this sound legit?

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw a yellow/black GTS on the inventory list at Woodhouse Dodge (Nebraska) last week. Give Bill Pemberton a buzz. There might be a restriction now, but if your order was really one of the first for MY2001, then your dealer is giving you a line of BS. (How do you know it was one of the first for 2001? Because your dealer said so? Maybe it was his first order for 2001! Hometown Dodge dealers who sell one or two Vipers a year don't get any allocation, so when you order a car from them, you can wait a long time before delivery. Unless you're prepared to ditch your dealer and buy a car from another dealer who has one in stock, you're just going to have to be patient.)

I took delivery of a yellow/black GTS from Woodhouse Dodge in late November, and my car was certainly not the first yellow/black delivered.

OP
OP
L

Lyn Turpin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone else give me information as to whether Dodge is currently producing the yellow package with black stripes?
It seems that all the yellow cars that I have seen (except an ACR) have no stripes?
Does anyone know if they are currently on restriction?