2003 Viper - Chrysler or Dodge

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the 2003 Viper officially become a Chrysler or remain a Dodge. When I watch Speedvision they usually refer to the Viper as a Chrysler Viper when showing the car positions in a race.

Jeff

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the Viper is referred to as a Chrysler it's for international racing ( FIA Lemans etc...). Here in North America (ALMS races) it is known as a dodge and always will be. Chysler has the PT Cruiser and prowler for a year or two I beleive. Red is both the signature colour for DODGE and it's VIPER.

Craig

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Viper is labeled a Dodge in USA/ (Canada too I think) and Chrysler in Europe/Asia.

The reason the FIA cars are "Chrysler" is that the European teams, Belmondo, Chamberlain, Oreca, run the Viper. However in ALMS, the "American" series, and the World Challlenge, SCCA-T1, etc, I am pretty sure they always use Dodge.

Ed'94redRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB... you really must like the new design for the 2003 Viper RT/10 to place a pic of it below your name...

Has DC hired you as a marketing consultant? Did they get to you with the green stuff to help you form your opinion?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't one Dodge dealership in the UK, all 'official' vipers
are marked Chrysler. it wouldn't surprise me to see Daimler/Chrysler on all the markings in the future on european cars

OP
OP
J

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My window sticker says Daimler/Chrysler across the top. Although it does say Dodge Viper for the car model.

Jeff