2003 with 475 miles?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came across a Red 2003 vert with 475 miles. Car seemed flawless!

But wondering what this car is actually worth?

And what recalls were done in 2003.

Thanks,
Steve

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 06 i bought an 03 with 300 miles on it....it was at a dealer so he had done all the recalls which he gets paid for of course... i do remember one of them was the cooling fan....i was lucky in that my 03 came with red calipers.....

If u are going to be only the second owner of the car then the 7/70 warranty is still good, that car should be worth maybe 55k in my book

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a doubting Thomas, but if I could I'd take it to a Dadge dealer & have the car looked over (if it's not at a dealer now) they can check the computer reading on the miles just to make sure that's correct. I'm not sure I'm even comfortable with the car sitting without driving for 5 years, that's nearly no runtime for that long, I may be nuts I'd actually feel better if it had like 4K miles on it, like 1,000 a yr or something. Could be a great buy though.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely have it looked at if you are serious about purchase. It will cost you $200 or so but it is fully worth it since the car could be in bad condition from sitting around for 5 years. Also make sure the bolt recall was taken care of as that can be on EXPENSIVE fix.

Now as for pricing. I am not going to lie, a 2003 with 500 miles in a rough one to price for several reasons but mostly because the SRT market as well as the Viper market in a whole is in the toilet so to speak. The problem here is that if a price is stated, no matter what it is, for a few thousands dollars more, you can get a 2004, 2005, or maybe even a 2006 depending on mileage, so in the end you really have to think, is it worth it to go with a 5 year old car just because of the low mileage? My guess on this car would be $55,000 as well which I think is right on the ball but for $59,000 you can be in a low mileage 2005 with a warranty so I am not sure if it is worth it. It just all depends on what you want.
Good luck with the car.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are you going to do with the car? It will be quite some time, but probably never, before the SRT becomes a collector car.

If you are going to drive it I would look for a 5000 mile 04-05, you will get a much better price and won't have to worry about the things that go wrong when a car sits unused for long periods.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the low mileage car , other than the battery not being able to hold as much of a charge as it used to , the car is fine,

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is the one that gets driven. I was looking at this one for a seldom driver.

It has a price on it for $59,900, which I thought was a little high, but it was also sitting inside a Ferrari dealer.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be sitting at 59k for awhile, take your time.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yourself a low mileage '05 or '06 for around the same price, with some warranty left. So what if it has 10-15K thats still new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang