2006 Chrysler Press Conference

Reaction score
Interesting!

One observation, in general US car companies build what the they think we want not what we actually want. Perfect example the SRT Experience has been running for about two years. They ask what you like best etc.

At the SRT Exp. I attended most drivers like 95% said the SRT8 Jeep was what they liked best and wanted to buy. From others who attenden different events they made the same comment.

It is a survey which I would expect the Sr. Exec. running SRT :buttkick: to use this as a tool for building capacity or reducing capacity. Two years later and very few SRT8 Jeeps available.

One dealer sales mgr. he said can not get them even with sold orders in from day one the order entry opened for 2007. They have Magnums they can not give away. Last year demand was not met because of wheel supply. No way in life should they lose sales because of one suppliers capacity limitations. :bonker:

Get car guys to run Chrysler and all will be fine. Bob Lutz please come back, with a pocket of money, and buy Chrysler. :usa: :2tu:

My SRT8 was in build last week but due to the lack of cars I may give it to the dealer as my VCA pricing is to low for such a high demand SUV. Will let the sales managed make decide.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caliber stays.Sold almost 100,000 last year.Sebring and Viper go.All trucks go or are significantly redesigned and lightend since they have the worse fuel mileage of any trucks out there.Lets see buy 14mpg dakota or 17 mpg tacoma.Which is built better?Tow and haul the same weight too. GTS Bruce

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caliber stays.Sold almost 100,000 last year.Sebring and Viper go.All trucks go or are significantly redesigned and lightend since they have the worse fuel mileage of any trucks out there.Lets see buy 14mpg dakota or 17 mpg tacoma.Which is built better?Tow and haul the same weight too. GTS Bruce

What? We're supposed to be logical here? You didn't buy the Viper beacuase it carried a lot of luggage. :rolleyes: ;)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope I bought a Gen II Viper GTS because it boiled my blood.It will never be a daily driver.I have no idea what my MPG is and don't care.However my next vehicle purchase will be a daily driver truck.Don't need a full size.No way would I purchase another 12MPG daily driver full size Dodge truck.Dakota 14 MPG,Tacoma 18MPG(I just looked up revised city fuel milage which is realy what you end up with).GTS Bruce

Reaction score
MPG seems pretty poor for the RAM 1500. My SRT10 RAM Quad Cab gets 9MPH pulling a trailer with a Viper. Can do 12 MPG if I follow the speed limit. thats in a 5400 pound RAM with 4:56 gears. I would expect a HEMI to get the same or better MPG than the Tacoma?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a Ram SRT-10. He said last night he's lucky to get 8MPG in the city and at worse (while admittedly driving it hard), he averaged 2.5MPG once! :shocked: But like Warfang said you dont buy Viper and SRT-10's for fuel economy, practicality, or to impress ******* girls.....well, some people buy them to impress ******* girls :p :D :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang