2008 Convertible Upgrades - Stereo, Radar, Camera, Headers/Exhaust/Intake, Carbon F

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 2008 Convertible last year. I am never happy with stock, so took the winter to plan out and upgrade a few things. My main drive was to keep everything looking stock, or quickly able to return to stock without any cutting that couldn't be fixed.

No major performance upgrades, mainly electronics. Here's a timeline post of the new electronics. I have explored many options about upgrading the stereo - double din units never look stock to me (I have done several custom installs with them), and would have preferred an android tablet - but the interface is poor without a separate DAC, and volume control. The iPads simply interface better with aftermarket stereo equipment, and function as a mass media storage device (unlike Android systems >2.3). I even tried grafting climate controls to save space from other Chrysler vehicles, but the PCI/CANBUS systems were not compatible. I found a few circular A/C vents that were smaller that would have allowed for less cutting of the A/C controls, but they all looked funny and not stock, and didn't save much room. Overall, the radar setup works very well, and the stereo system is far better than stock, and can be heard nicely at highway speed with the top down. I've included comments about each section along the way.

The list of upgrades:
Powder coated black stock wheels
Belanger headers
Belanger Exhaust
K&N Intake
APR carbon fiber front lip
Crimestopper SecurView™ SV-6820.EM Rear view camera
****** 9500ix radar/laser system with front and rear jammers
Gentex 50-GENK3350S Rearview mirror with temp, compass, homelink, and rearview display (with integrated 9500ix display)
Kicker KS 1” tweeters
Kicker KS65 door speakers
Kicker KS35 rear speakers
Kicker CompRT 8" sub
Kicker 11IX1000.5 5 channel amp
128GB Ipad mini 2
Sony WX-GT90BT head unit (ghosted front face plate)
Lloyd car mats
Real carbon fiber door sills and engine manifold overlay
3m clear protection on the headlights, fog lights, mirrors, and front fascia
Viper car security system to protect it all

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2008 Convertible Upgrades - Stereo, Radar, Camera, Headers/Exhaust/Intake, Carbon

You must be registered for see images attach
Stock black powder coated wheels

OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2008 Convertible Upgrades - Stereo, Radar, Camera, Headers/Exhaust/Intake, Carbon

K&N Intake

OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

APR Front Carbon Fiber air dam install

OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I guess that's all the pictures I am allowed to upload. Not sure how to get more allowance?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Probably just need some more posts. I think until you get a certain number you're a little limited in what you're allowed to do.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sow me pics of the sony head unit you bought, please

OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sow me pics of the sony head unit you bought, please
If I could post more pictures, I would show you the headunit that was ghosted. I'll try posting a few more comments to see if my limit goes up.

OP
OP
T

tazwid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I managed to upload the files to a private storage collection. I couldn't add comments to each picture, so I'm happy to answer questions about the work done.

http://opa.cig2.canon.ca/s/m/album/DQTA8UcuRLT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper