2008 Coupe worth the price??

ZoTurbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have been following Vipers for some time now and I'm looking for some help (or validation perhaps?).

I am extremely knowledgeable on how much a 03-05 Viper should cost depending on the mileage, title, mods, etc.... however I have been so focused on 03-05 that I neglected to research 08-10.

As fate would have it, of course, I now found an 08 that I am seriously considering and I'm hoping you could all chime in with your opinions.

A family friend is selling the following vehicle and I want to buy it before he lists it online:

2008 Viper Coupe
10k miles
Red exterior, Stripe Delete
Two-tone interior
Some minor front bumper nicks
Bone stock, Clear title
No service records
1 key, no car cover, and no floor mats (lame, I know)

How much should this bad boy cost? If you could provide a range I would appreciate it!!... for example, something like, '58k is a steal, 60k is fair, 63k is a ripoff'

Thanks in advance!!

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking as well at coupes as I'm ready to move on from my vert. It seems the 08' can go from 58k to 90k depending on color, aero, acr..... I think your prices are dead on from what I have been watching. Red to many people is the least desirable and hardest to sell. There are a lot of cars for sell for hight amounts but they don't seem to sell. Everyone hates selling their cars for less, but the market is what drives prices, not the seller. I think it is a 60k car from what you described. Good luck with whatever car you end up purchasing.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry , but the car does not come with a stripe delete, it is an add. Floor mats were an option , so you can purchase them easily , no problem. What two tone interior does it have?

Is there a quality Viper Tech near you, as the best thing you can do, friend or not, is get the car in the air and check it underneath. If no servive records , have the fluids all checked and then go from there. The entire model line of Vipers has seen a small increase over the last year , and the prices do not appear to be going down, so get a good check up and make your decision from there.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red to many people is the least desirable and hardest to sell. There are a lot of cars for sell for hight amounts but they don't seem to sell.

Red has never gotten much respect by most Viper owners here and yet out in the wild it is probably the most striking color with the possible exception of yellow.
And the general public loves it. You can keep your under the radar silver's and sapphire's in my book.
Viper red is one of the most beautiful reds in the car world.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say anything around $55K and you would be stealing it if all checks out. $60K and you would be doing good. Anything higher then that you really have your options to look at cars all over the market in your color choice, wheel preferance and mods.

GL. Always helps to buy from someone you know so factor that both ways. Easy transaction, low(er) risk, and usually you benefit by the seller not having to deal with putting it on the market.

-Tim

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive got a 04 with 3900 miles red with black vinyl fang stripe, brand new black ACR wheels and cup tires. Have oem wheels and tires as well. Car is perfect. New corsa exhaust as well. Not a mark on the car. PM me if your interested. 50k takes everything, and i wont budge on that, unless you just want the stocker wheels, and i keep the cups and ACR wheels.Car looks amazing....

OP
OP
Z

ZoTurbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for responding!

I physically went to take a look at it yesterday and they were wrong about the color... thank goodness! Red was at the waaay bottom of the list unless I got an incredible deal.

Turns out the car is BLACK with RED AND BLACK 2 tone interior. After seeing it I pulled the trigger and purchased it on the spot. The passenger side window regulator is broken though, which ***** big time : (

Thanks again for all of the input!

Ironically, right after I purchased it I spoke with a viper tech in Phoenix (GREAT GUY BTW!!!) who said I overpaid. He said he occasionally hears of 2008's with 2 tone interiors with around 9k miles selling for about 50/51k. I about had a heart attack when he said that because I just sealed the deal... for more than 50k obviously!!! :(

What do you think? Is he more accurate? I haven't seen any go for that price yet.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is on drugs if he is selling 08s for 50/51k that are clean and under 10k miles. Sure there are deals to be had, but he is 10k off on the pricing IMO. A clean 06 coupe with less than 10k miles on the ticker I would expect in the 50k range.

The cheapest (clean non accident) 08 Coupe I have seen/heard of sell was a red coupe on the forums. Guy had it for sale for months, started around $60k. Car had well over 20k miles on it and rock chips etc. Ended up selling it for $49,*** in the middle of the winter.

Now THAT was a great price.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's off by about $8k-$10k on the price...dealerships might swap them around for that price, but they aren't selling to owners for that, at least not what I've seen. My '08 had about 9,500 miles on it when I bought it.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ZoTurbo -

Did you look into the 2008 in Vancouver Wa. that I PM'd you on a few days ago? The one w/less than 2k miles for 45.4k? I'm curious to see if that was real, especially considering it was from a dealer.

Scott

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not enough info, is it a one owner?...if not , where did he get it and how long he had it?...did he track it?...has it been tracked?....has there been paint work?....body damage?.....too late now but I would taken it to the Viper tech for inspection before you pulled the trigger. Hope you got a good deal regardless.

OP
OP
Z

ZoTurbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car wasn't local, so unfortunately I was 7 hours from home so I didn't know this particular viper tech. It was in Phoenix and there were about 12 vipers laying around the shop that he was working on... I would have never guess they would have that many viper customers!! They weren't dealer vehicles either because they were getting random upgrades like heads, cam, intake, etc... not sure why they would go to the dealer for that but to each their own I suppose.

Lespauldude- I did. They said it was a misprint and that their car was an 06. The guy who answered didn't know ANYTHING about it though so who knows. I'll actually call them again tomorrow for fun just to see what the story is. I'll report back :)

As for the one I purchased, it was a 2 owner vehicle (although it stayed within the family and the story checks out). Husband bought it new, got divorced, wife got it instead of the house and sold it w/out driving it. The car was never tracked, no body work, no body damage, no accidents, etc.

And finally, pics to come!! I need to shine it up before putting it up with the rest of yours! Where should I post pics of it btw?... meaning, which is the appropriate forum?

Thanks again for the help fellas!

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you fully adressed it before, but if someone told you that it should have sold for around $50k, they are WAY off and don't know what they are talking about. Like some others said, low $60's is a good price for a moderate-higher mileage 2008, while mid-upper $60's is a good price for a very low mileage pristine 2008 Viper, higher for a better and rarer color combo. What did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?

Secondly, red Gen IV's are not so common, yet Venom Red is much more common. Full red examples are hard to find for sale and I have found they sell faster and for higher prices than other colors when they actually come to market. Earlier generations over produced the reds, but not the Gen IV's.

Congrats on your purchase and best of luck to you! Post pics when you can!!!

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should work. I just posted the VPA link because I remembered they had them from looking the other day. Be glad they prices have recently went down. A few months ago, the same part was around $1000.

I'm not convinced the new part is the same. I believe it is built by a new supplier (mexico) and is hopefully a better part (France). I'd make sure you are getting a new, new one.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/649305-Window-Regulator-GEN-3-4-Archilles-Heel/page10?highlight=window+regulator

OP
OP
Z

ZoTurbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought an 08.

As for the window, I tried looking up the new part number and came up short all the way around! When I went to the dealer to inquire about the part I need, they said xxx10AF and quoted me $400+. Obviously I don't regularly trust dealerships anyway, but I can't find the updated 10-11AF part anywhere. Where did you guys get yours?

Washing the car today! Hopefully pics on the way either tonight or tomorrow! I LOVE THE EXTRA HUNDRED HP BTW!! :)

The drive by wire SUUUUCKS big time compared to the '05 Mamba I used to have, but hey, I'll take it if it means another hundred horses!

OP
OP
Z

ZoTurbo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi viper itch. Isn't that the same link from above? I don't see the new part number. It appears to be the same one originally from dodge. Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang